• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
You've certainly heard about the Flotilla going from Turkey with humanitarian aids to Gaza, including many countries,,

Currently eight ships from several nations including Turkey are doing just that. These ships, the Gaza Freedom Flotilla, have as their goal to provide humanitarian aid to Gaza.
Israel has said that it will not allow this current flotilla to reach Gaza, and it will use military means if necessary to stop the ships.

Two key points are: 1) the Turkish ship will be flying the Turkish flag; and 2) Turkey is a member of NATO. What might happen if Israel were to attack a Turkish flagged vessel carrying humanitarian aid in international waters? The precedent has been established that an attack on one NATO member state will be viewed as an attack on NATO. How would NATO respond to an Israeli attack on a Turkish flagged vessel? Even if the Turkish ship were not flying its flag, how would the world respond to an attack on unarmed vessels carrying humanitarian aid in international waters?

The Gaza Freedom Flotilla is now on its way and is scheduled to reach Gaza this week. Since the U.S. corporate-dominated mainstream media seem to be ignoring this issue, go to freegaza.org or to international media for updates on this looming crisis. There is still time for Israel to avoid an explosive situation by simply complying with international law and honoring its responsibilities to the Palestinians. Unfortunately it is doubtful that Israel will do so.

- Ron Forthofer is a retired professor of biostatistics. He contributed this article to PalestineChronicle.com.

yesterday again Israêl confirmed its threats to attack the Flotila in case it becomes necessary, it also mentioned that they don't know who and what the Flotilla might be carrying, since there are Algerians on it ( Algeria is now a threat on Israêl)

Let's pray the Flotilla gets to its destination safely,
  • touta and Omeymaa like this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
salam

I heard just now on Aljazeera..Israel wjouh echar they attacked them and killed 16 people..

Thnx Meriem for the info :D

Done is better than perfect.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
yeah am watching it on Al Jazeera right now. it happened this morning :( , omg 19 were killed and 29 (so far) injured and they were shot to die cuz they're all shot in their upper body and they're taken prisoners :o
The Algerian ships didn't arrive yet , I hope they're safe Insha'Allah!!

Wallai I dnt understand hw can no one do anything abt this there were many countries there they can't all be scared of America , U.S and Israel vs the rest of the world .. come on now!! :pal:

let's make Duaa for them Insha'Allah , I hope they will all be able to get out of those Death Prisons Insha'Allah :pray:
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Algerians were there , I just saw Algerian flags ....

Israel is saying that those who were aboard the ships were carrying Mass Destruction Weapons ( Water, Food , Medicines ) and therefor they had the right to attack the ships (even though they were on International waters!!!)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm6stjPCDU8"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tm6stjPCDU8[/url]

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Loads of other countries contributed too including UK..

Wikipedia has it all http://en.wikipedia...._flotilla_clash

Soualhi

Soualhi
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Current mood: Bored
Live blogging about it:

http://www.guardian....oops-gaza-ships

And now the Israeli Defense Department says that Israeli soldiers were attacked when they jumped on board the ships.

THEN WHY THE HECK DID THEY COME ON BOARD?!?!?!?!?! WHY INTERFERE AND KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS??????

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
so now it's just straight up injustice... The US and Canada issued a statement today

"We feel sorry for the deaths, but we'll need to look into the issue further to understand what happened"

Israeli Prime minister in Ottawa today.. so basically they can't condemn it unless there is "evidence"? PEOPLE WERE UNARMED

wallahi this is a cruel world that im starting to really hate and be a part of :(

WgxUpZ6.png

The Big Algeria

The Big Algeria
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Current mood: Balanced

Israel is saying that those who were aboard the ships were carrying Mass Destruction Weapons ( Water, Food , Medicines ) and therefor they had the right to attack the ships (even though they were on International waters!!!)

killers and murders!

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
la 7awlla walla koutta illa be Allah

inshallah one day Palestine will be free
:pal:

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

killers and murders!

They're the biggest LIARS in the History of mankind , they can't even get their story right for God's sake!!

so far everyone of them has his own story smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

One said that 2 men on that ship rushed to the kitchen and got knifes so they had to open fire .

Another said that they had guns and opened fire first XD

and Then the 3rd one came along and said that they took the guns by force from the commando and used them against them!!

One of them even said that they attacked them with sticks and pans so the commando force had to attack back , Seriously ???

each story is more ridiculous than the one b4!!!

The Big Algeria

The Big Algeria
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Current mood: Balanced

They're the biggest LIARS in the History of mankind , they can't even get their story right for God's sake!!

so far everyone of them has his own story smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

One said that 2 men on that ship rushed to the kitchen and got knifes so they had to open fire .

and Then the 3rd one came along and said that they took the guns by force from the commando and used them against them!!

One of them even said that they attacked them with sticks and pans so the commando force had to attack back , Seriously ???

" That is because they are a folk who have no sense. " ذَلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَوْمٌ لَّا يَعْقِلُونَ- سورة الحشر

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

" ذَلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَوْمٌ لَّا يَعْقِلُونَ- سورة الحشر

yeah Lunatic!!!

Political scientist Norman Finkelstein speaks abt wut happened :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_CKL5h2_8

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy

even if they said the truth, is there anyone who is eager and able to punish them, the Arabs-union and the presidents are just [khodra fok t3am] zero ..no effect

لكن الله سبحانه وتعالى يمهل ولا يهمل, وما ضاع حق ورائه طالب

اللهم ارنا فيهم يوما اسودا كيوم عاد وثمود

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
Monsters , really monsters those people , wallahi Im very outraged but al 3ain bassira wa lyad qassira , I can't do anything but to pray for them and to pray Allah inchaAllah yehdi Arabs to unite and ACT not just " ينددون" , Im angry at us more than im angry at israel ...

محمد - Mohammed

محمد - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
I think its despicable that the UN statement released was only "reached after hours of discussion as the council deliberated through the night."

And all they came out with was the same thing they say everytime: Regret loss of life, deeply sad, want a full investigation..

They really don't want to hurt Israels feelings at any cost.

The sad thing is that it would not have been much of an international issue if life had not been lost.

Ps: Does anyone else think its a co-incidence that news of a senior alqaeeda leader being killed is released today/yesterday.
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

I heard yes2day on aljazeera what the witnesses have said, they treated them like they were animals..
They told this one guy to sign a statement that he entered israel land illegally !!!!
Also..I heard some countries stopped their diplomatic relations with isreal because of this..
But why would Israel do such thing when they know what the reaction of the world is gonna be ??
@Sara: The arab world will never do anything, all the presidents are scared about their positions...

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor

But why would Israel do such thing when they know what the reaction of the world is gonna be ??

because it is the most powerful nation in the world. 13 million can push around 6.5 billion
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

• Beebo likes this