32 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
Hello,

Since the 1960s Algeria has been through many struggles and strong debates which have led to bloody consequences for the mere question of Algerian Identity and origin, between the "Arabization" of Algeria and the strong refusal of this process, many people have been lost in between, and today's generation is convinced by what the parents and ancestries tell her,, that is, for all those who are born in the area of Bejaya and Tizi Ouzou as well as all the Amazigh areas Algeria is not Arab and should not be talking arabic,,,

On the other hand, all those who were born in the rest of Algeria learnt from birth that we are Arabs, we spoke Algerian Arabic first, learnt Arabic at school, Islam is Arab at the first level, Quraan is written in Arabic, we pray in Arabic and television speaks Arabic as well,,, while studying the Algerian History, we discovered that we are of a Berber Origin which did not speak Arabic at first,,,,

But today, do we have the right to say that Algeria is an Arab country, I am an Arab person, or do we have to fight this conviction and remind the others that we are not Arabs, we are Berbers?

I personally cannot say I'm not an Arab, I grow up as an Arab but still remind myself that our ancestries were Berber and this question keeps turning into my mind, Do I have the right to say I'm Arab?

Few days ago I have been watching a video, a song by an Algerian girl living in the Middle east, who sung about the national team and called the song "The Champion of the world is Arab" and this has created a big roar as many people started commenting saying, stop saying Algeria is Arab, it is not! As well for those who Say Algeria is the only Arab representative in the World Cup!
  • demi, writersfreedom and kim like this

DZ in NZ

DZ in NZ
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Current mood:
I was born in tizi ouzou and spent most of my childhood there and if there is one thing i have learnt is that algerians are not arabs we are berbers and we should be proud that we are berbers and even if most of algeria speeks arabic(derja) witch by the way is not even arabic it is a mixture of thamazieghth turkish and arabic thay should stop lieing to them selfs and recognising our berber identity.

I my self hate when forigners call algeria an arab country because im not an arab i have my own language witch i can speek and write fluently i would prefer people to call us algerians then arabs because i see it as an insult to my history and culiture.

i have nothing against arabic it is the language of my religion but it dosent mean i have to become an arab look at the pakistanis their muslims but they speek there own language the iranians same thing.

i dream for the day of recieving an algerian passport with words THE DEMOCRATIC AMAZIEGH REPUBLIC OF ALGERIA written on the cover lol
  • Apocalypse likes this
"Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get" forest gump

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
Algeria is an Arab country , like it or not .. it remains Arab and not everyone is shawi or kabyle u know lol

Algeria is part of the Arab world and one of its most powerful countries , but also has an Amaziegh side, I dnt see why u think it can only be one ?

Our official lang is Arabic (but I think Amazeghiya was also recently added no ?) ,

As well for those who Say Algeria is the only Arab representative in the World Cup!

Yeah we are!!

As for not speaking Arabic at first , no one did but Shibh al Jazeera al 3arrabiya since the beginning of times so does that mean that they're the only Arab countries in the World ?

• demi and kim like this
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

DZ in NZ

DZ in NZ
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Current mood:

Algeria is an Arab country , like it or not .. it remains Arab and not everyone is shawi or kabyle u know lol

yeah you correct not every on is kabyle chawi or emzabi or touaragi but if you read our history or geography then you will find that only 5% of algerians are decendents of arabs
our amaziegh culture is dieing bit by bit in algeria before the idiot bomedian came along tizizouzou bioura bejaia dilis boumerdas tlemcen and ghardia all use too speek thamazieghth but because of his stupid arabization of the country people have been tricked in to thinking they ar arabs and for that reason i would prefer to have my country where my identity would still be alive and i wont be lieing to my self.

Algeria is part of the Arab world and one of its most powerful countries , but also has an Amaziegh side, I dnt see why u think it can only be one ?

Our official lang is Arabic (but I think Amazeghiya was also recently added no ?) ,

Yeah we are!!

hahahaha yeah and what an arab world that is one of coruption betrail and hatred. yes amaziegh has become an official language and is taught in schools but did you know that they teach the language only in tizi ouzou and bejiai and dont want to teach the language to amazieghs living ouside of these areas

As for not speaking Arabic at first , no one did but Shibh al Jazeera al 3arrabiya since the beginning of times so does that mean that they're the only Arab countries in the World ?

no it dosent mean that they are the only arab country in the world it just means algerians are not arabs and if you do think your an arab then you have brained washed by the algerian government.

I prefer to know the truth then live a lie but hay some people [color="#FF0000"]cant handel the truth

Posted Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zniofvuQ01Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMpv0rIansE&feature=related

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm

our amaziegh culture is dieing bit by bit in algeria before the idiot bomedian came along tizizouzou bioura bejaia dilis boumerdas tlemcen and ghardia all use too speek thamazieghth but because of his stupid arabization of the country people have been tricked in to thinking they ar arabs and for that reason i would prefer to have my country where my identity would still be alive and i wont be lieing to my self.

My brother DZinNZ Algeria has been arabised long before that time , and it was not him or any other person who did , it was Islam that arabised Algeria , and we should be proud of this . Algeria is a berber country which has been arabised by Islam , and we should be proud of this triple identity and not fight over whether it is arab or not koz it is just absurd !!! U can't change history and u can't blame anyone for this koz it is not something to be ashamed of . To be called
THE DEMOCRATIC AMAZIEGH REPUBLIC OF ALGERIA or Democtaric Arabic republic of algeria or whatever is just a name , if u think ur Amazigh , then you are , ur country's name has nothing to do with this .

• Apocalypse, writersfreedom and kim like this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
And we are discussing this beause..meriem man you go into les details bzf khti :D no offence ;)
We speak Arabic, we are part of the arab world, and i think the majority of people speak arabic in Algeria...if we're not Arabs then what are we ? hnouda ? Posted Image

I like what you said about the Algerians bit DZ in NZ..'Algerians' makes us wayyy more different and unique than 'Arabs'..
  • writersfreedom and abdel like this

Done is better than perfect.

DZ in NZ

DZ in NZ
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Current mood:

My brother DZinNZ Algeria has been arabised long before that time , and it was not him or any other person who did , it was Islam that arabised Algeria , and we should be proud of this . Algeria is a berber country which has been arabised by Islam , and we should be proud of this triple identity and not fight over whether it is arab or not koz it is just absurd !!! U can't change history and u can't blame anyone for this koz it is not something to be ashamed of . To be called
THE DEMOCRATIC AMAZIEGH REPUBLIC OF ALGERIA or Democtaric Arabic republic of algeria or whatever is just a name , if u think ur Amazigh , then you are , ur country's name has nothing to do with this .

If you were go to any region in algeria in the early 60's and asked them what they were they would have told you were are Amazieghs

I'm just going to give you a little lesson about the algerian identity strugel after independence, by the way they dont tell you about this period in algerias history at school

Before independence 85% of the algerian population spoke the amaziegh language once we had gained our independence mohamed binbela took over and recognised all the languages of algeria not just the algerian derja witch by the way was only spoken in the streets of oran algeries setif and constantine and in all the other regions they were speeking amaziegh. then the algerian hitler bomedian who grew up and studied in egypt used his military status to overthrow the algerian government witch had bravely brought independence to our country. When bomedian became president in 1965 univerity students in tizi ouzou started a massive protest that would have reached all of algeria if it wasnt for bomedian who sent the ANL to stop the protest from spreading to the rest of algeria the ANL killed 25 people.

bomedian was afraid of a another algerian revolution against his regime and at the time the most educated region in algeria was tizi ouzou because so many of them studied in france before independence bomedian desided to isolate tizi ouzou bejiai bioura and boumerdas from the rest of algeria by using anti amazigh properganda, canal algerie and other newspaper were all reporting that the amaziegh were not muslims they drink alcahole they eat pork and that they think they are the best in algeria all because he knew they were aginst him and didnt want him to lead algeria. by the late 70's he had mannaged to completly turn all of algeria against kabyles and against the amaziegh language. and all chanses of keeping algerias true identity was lost.

so you see our identity was built on a lie and by someone who i'm sure was sent to perpisly make algeria an arab country by the egyptians.

long live alve algeria may you one day become a country were peace justice and truth prvails

• ^_^Chaouia^_^ likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

And we are discussing this beause.

We speak Arabic, we are part of the arab world, and i think the majority of people speak arabic in Algeria...if we're not Arabs then what are we ? hnouda ? :D

My thoughts exactly Wallhi lol But it's a good debate topic Meriem ;)

DZ in NZ khouya am dead tired right now but I will be back later on Insha'Allah to reply to u ... u built a strong case by the way but not unbreakable :P lol

And I 100% agree with u Sara.

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
DzinNz I have nothing against Amazigh , I have tons of Amazigh books at home , I have tons of books about its history (written by Amazigh people ) and I even tried to learn it once , but it was too difficult for me ( just to show u I have nothing against it ) and if there is anything that Im proud of then it is our amazigh origins koz we all kow who are the original inhabitants of the area . I'm just saying Im glad I'm born in an Arab Algeria , and Im grateful for whoever arabised it ( arabisation is something positive for me ) , I wouldnt want to be a Muslim without being Arab so alhamdulillah I acquired this language so dear to my heart spontaneaously without any recognisable effort , alhamdulillah I can open Quran and read it without needing help from anyone and with no difficulty .
If they want Amazigh to be taught at schools marhba w sahla , I would be very grateful for this .
And right now you can't say we are a 100% amazigh or a 100% arabs ( myself I can't say either of them about myself ) , so debating over this is just silly .

DZ in NZ

DZ in NZ
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Current mood:

My thoughts exactly Wallhi lol But it's a good debate topic Meriem ;)

DZ in NZ khouya am dead tired right now but I will be back later on Insha'Allah to reply to u ... u built a strong case by the way but not unbreakable :P lol

And I 100% agree with u Sara.

Your not ment to try and break my case im not trying to justify my views im just trying to show ever one the truth algeria was built on a lie and we should stop listining to these unknown powers who have been trying to moulde our brains since our first year at school in to what they think is eazyer for them to control

you know there is a saying you can write anything on a blank peace of paper. childre are the same you can teach them anything you want.

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

i dream for the day of recieving an algerian passport with words THE DEMOCRATIC AMAZIEGH REPUBLIC OF ALGERIA written on the cover lol

They made you a tamazight channel, they even translated l'inspecteur Tahar into kbayliya!! :D

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
We are not Arabs, Amazigh or Touareg... We are Sheep. France tells us to jump! we say: How high ?

There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Guest_Dz007_*

Guest_Dz007_*
  • Guests
Fatony.. hahahahahaaaa. franca 5erjek melbab... de5let metaqa!!!!

Mer: according to what i know..... the only pure arabs are Al Qua76ani family and they are saudi... (they're not a family.... they're like a qabila)
We are not Arabs... we're just ALGERIANS.....

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
Well Algeria is well known of being"Multicultural, Multilingual, Mutli...ext"
for me i have been told that we are originally from Yemen which is the origin of all the Arabs in the world ... may be Berber are the original people of Algeria but atm we belong to the Islamic-Arabic world ...so stop causing unnecessary headaches to your selves.

we have enough problems to deal with other than being Arabic or not.

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

ummadina

ummadina
  • Girls
  • 168 posts

I think you are Algerian, although made up of different tribes but collectively under one name. I wouldn't say you are Arab (although you speak Arabic) because you're not from the Arabian peninsula. You could say you're African though.

I think it's a personal thing where you want to say you're from. But hey! What do I know. I'm not even Algerian :lol:

Algeria has a rich culture and all should be valued whether Touareg, Amazigh, Choauia etc

fiamanAllah
  • Apocalypse likes this
Shaqiq said "Weeping over past (misdeeds), being afraid of perpetrating a sin again, forsaking the company of evildoers, and adhering to the company of righteousness - these are the hallmarks of a (sincere) repentence."

Guest_Dz007_*

Guest_Dz007_*
  • Guests

we have enough problems to deal with other than being Arabic or not.

Yh Abdel... at the end of the day we're all kifkif.... it doesn't really matter if we're hnouda, 3rab wela les anglais.....
but its not exactly a problem!!

Amoula

Amoula
  • Girls
  • 148 posts

Current mood:
I think these differences you are trying to highlight arent a problem , the majority ofAlgerians are a mixture of both Amazigh and Arab , and dont tell me that you have no arab blood , maybe only a small percentage of algerians dont .I also dont believe that any Algerian doesnt have Amazigh blood , even those who claim to be arab do.

As Algerians , we should be proud of being both amazigh and arab , we should try to keep our identity ...YES i totally agree , we should try to preserve both cultures and languages because we are both.

Plus do you really think that other arab countries are purely arab ? is it only the case of Algeria ? I dont believe that Palestine , Syria , Iraq , Jordan , lebanon , Morocco , and many other arab countries are purely arab , they're also mixed , infact most Arabs except the gulf countries are only linguistically arab but biologically mixed , so why are we highliting small differences when we should be united .

• Beebo, reemjazair, demi and 2 others like this
When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

I think these differences you are trying to highlight arent a problem , the majority ofAlgerians are a mixture of both Amazigh and Arab , and dont tell me that you have no arab blood , maybe only a small percentage of algerians dont .I also dont believe that any Algerian doesnt have Amazigh blood , even those who claim to be arab do.

As Algerians , we should be proud of being both amazigh and arab , we should try to keep our identity ...YES i totally agree , we should try to preserve both cultures and languages because we are both.

Plus do you really think that other arab countries are purely arab ? is it only the case of Algeria ? I dont believe that Palestine , Syria , Iraq , Jordan , lebanon , Morocco , and many other arab countries are purely arab , they're also mixed , infact most Arabs except the gulf countries are only linguistically arab but biologically mixed , so why are we highliting small differences when we should be united .

Thanks sis, it's exactly what I wanted to say smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

WgxUpZ6.png

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Sara and Amal said exactly wut I was abt to say , they pretty much said it all and I absolutely agree with both of them!

reemjazair

reemjazair
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Current mood:

hello everyone, i have not been online for a while and heres the reason why.... im a genetic biologist and have dedicated my studies on learning more about Algeria and its genetic makeup. believe it or not, there are ALOT of arab ancestry in algeria and its very well mixed with berber and turkish. the genetic makeup from france and europe are not that much. so while yes Algeria is made up of many berbers, it is also made up of many arab and turkish genetic makeup. so you cant go ahead and say that that the vast majority is berber.. its not.

Since Algeria is made up of many genetic factors of arab/berber/turkish, its safe to say that Algeria can almost be its own ethnicity. I'm doing research right now on this kind of stuff and inshallah hope to soon publish my studies with other genetic biologists in the next few years.

many people say that algeria is not Arab at all because Banu hilal only composed of 6,000 people. This is also not true, Banu hilal and Banu hydra and other Arab tribes far exceeded 200,000 (and those were just the first ones who came).

I don't know if many of you have heard of this but there is a company that actually tells you exactly where you came from just based on the genetic evidence you provide through your saliva on a Q-tip, there is actually more than one company. Since I am a genetic biologist, of course I had this done and my makeup shows that my genes are more from the middle east then they are north african, and yet my family has been in Algeria for many generations. This just shows that there is many different types of people in Algeria and I really think this is what makes Algeria beautiful. we are diverse, and we need to start respecting our differences.

• Apocalypse, kamylood and kim like this