Change
Photo

What’s the best piece of advise you father told you ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

Salaam wa rahma :D

Fathers smile

Posted Image

Fathers play an important role in a family, personally I don't know what I'll do without my dad, he has a solution to every single little thing you ask him (has A LOT of experience and I mean A LOTTT).

Everything he says is just 'in place' and 'at the right time', for example, if he tells me not to do something even if it's like come back early from a gathering and I listen to him, it turns out that if I didn't listen to him (stayed at the gathering) I would have had problems, sometimes I just think..Wow!! That was close!

Father-child relationship:

The Father-child relationship is the defining factor of the fatherhood role in life. Most fathers are naturally protective,supportive, and responsible and are able to provide a number of significant benefits to themselves, their communities, and their children.Involved fathers offer developmentally specific provisions to their sons and daughters throughout the life cycle and are impacted themselves by their doing so. Active father figures have a key role to play in reducing behavior problems in boys and psychological problems in young women. For example, children who experience significant father involvement tend to exhibit higher scores on assessments of cognitive development, enhanced social skills and fewer behavior problems. An increased amount of father-child involvement has also proven to increase a child's socialstability, educational achievement, and even their potential to have a solid marriage as an adult. The children are also more curious about the world around them and develop greater problem solving skills. Children who were raised without fathers perceive themselves to be less cognitively and physically competent than their peers from father-present families. Mothers raising children without fathers reported more severe disputes with their child. Sons raised without fathers showed more feminine but no less masculine characteristics of gender role behaviour.

It's ni3ma kbira !^^

وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلاَّتَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّعِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاَهُمَا فَلاَ تَقُل لَّهُمَآ أُفٍّ وَلاَتَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلاً كَرِيمًا

For thy Sustainer has ordained that you shall worship none but Him. And do good unto [thy] parents. Should one of them, orboth, attain to old age in thy care, never say "Ugh"to them or scold them,but [always] speak unto them with reverent speech,

^^ A little reminder for me before you guys here..

Answer the following question :D ...

What's the best piece of advise you father gave you?

As for me, I was talking to my dad recently about our relationships with people, and one thing he said to me was…''When dealing with people in your everyday life,imagine you are in the middle, and they surround you and have a rope tied around your neck, and for every piece of information you give them, this rope gets thicker. So when a problem occurs between you two, and the rope is thick enough, they can pull you and consequently injure you, in other words, they have a little bit too much information about you to the extent where they can maybe cause you big problem or even ruin you reputation…

So you shouldn't tell people too much information and keep that rope thin…

Your turn! Posted Image

Done is better than perfect.

DZ in NZ

DZ in NZ
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Current mood:
You are absaloultly correct Beautiful soul fathers allways know whats best for you even when you dont agree with them.

My father once told me that to be successful in this life you have to live life for yourself and your family. You don’t need a Ferrari you don’t need a mansion you don’t need a ten thousand dollar suite you don’t need to show of to any body or care what people think about you. All you need is the will to be honest and hard working and everything you do will have a good result
  • writersfreedom likes this
"Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get" forest gump

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
he told me two things...

That a wife's heart is like a plate... Once it falls and breaks, it's hard to put the pieces back together,

He also told me that when you are stuck, always use:

Posted Image
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Lol fatony, we used to have one in England , I admit I used to to use that a lot, it even removed wax crayon from wood !! :P

yh DZ in NZ, money comes and goes !

ummadina

ummadina
  • Girls
  • 168 posts

2 things:

Treat everyone as you want to be treated & what comes around turns around (I think you have something similar to this one in Algerian too)

Shaqiq said "Weeping over past (misdeeds), being afraid of perpetrating a sin again, forsaking the company of evildoers, and adhering to the company of righteousness - these are the hallmarks of a (sincere) repentence."

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor

2 things:

Treat everyone as you want to be treated & what comes around turns around (I think you have something similar to this one in Algerian too)

you mean:

"What goes around, comes around " lol

ummadina

ummadina
  • Girls
  • 168 posts

you mean:

"What goes around, comes around " lol

yeah! that too. Old age is creeping upon me. Can't remember a thing......... :huh: what was I saying! :rolleyes:

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Current mood: Pensive
"Nothing comes easy or served on a silver plater in life... There's only hard work. 'On récole ce qu'on sème' ( you reap what you sow) so don't rely on anyone."
Posted Image

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
have a few he used to say:

1. always do what my heart says, no matter what others think because i am different then everyone else .. hmm guess that is why i am strange hehehe

2. you have not lived life unless you leave your hand print. (try to do something for others so that you may be remembered in this life)

3. never hid what, or whom i am, always be proud of my roots,and culture . because one day it may be lost ( our culture is dying slowly,, it is up to each one to preserve it)

he once asked me when i was young what i wanted to be on the right or left hand , i responded to him neither, i want to be like the bird in the middle free..
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.