writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Hmmm , he bribes him ? :P jk

Wait u said that at the other end of the rope there's a candle so the guy is hanging upside-down yeah ? Hwcome the Lion didn't eat his head then if he were hungry ? smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

Okay did someone put this guy on a tree as the Lions Birthday present ? lol

cuz the lion would go and blow out the candle, and then that would make the guy fall on the floor, so that the lion would enjoy his ''human cake'' lol

Or he can just sing Happy Birthday to him and then run away when the Lion is distracted by the smoke coming out of the candle after he (the lion) blew it out :D

It Could Work! You never know :P

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
did you google it... I swear you did.

The guy would sing Happy Birthday to the lion, and the lion would clap and blowout the candle loool! That's the answer.. so well done.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine

The Blind man must have had a white stone on his head...Because if he had had a black stone on his head one of the two other two man would have figured it out.

Situation number 1:
Man number one sees 2 black stones and immediately guesses that he has a white stone on his head (Remember, 2 black stones and 3 white).

Situation number 2:
Man number one sees a black stone and a white stone for instance and so is not able to figure it out...So this situation should give a hint to man number 2 ( This is what goes through his head: "I see a black stone on the blind man's head and so if the man with perfect eyesight didnt see a black stone on my head then he couldnt know for sure the answer, I must have a white stone on my head! HALELUJA)...but that doesnt happen. Man number 2 gets killed, so the blind guys knows that he has a white stone on his head...

This of course assuming that guy number 2 wasnt completly braindead and could actually make this logical decuction. Or else, Blind man would just be another Lucky guy! lolPosted Image

Well done sister ! Posted Image

not only you gave the solution, but you were also able to explain the reasoning in a good way, so again Posted Image

so you see guys, the key was to use that reasoning...mmm I forgot what we used to call it in math...ah voilą " Le Raisonnement par l'absurde" or the Reduction to the absurd in English
Be the change you want to see in the world.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

did you google it... I swear you did.

The guy would sing Happy Birthday to the lion, and the lion would clap and blowout the candle loool! That's the answer.. so well done.

You mean am right? :o

I was just joking around haha!

No I didn't Google it lol :P

Wooohooo @ got it right :D

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine

OH! u had a white stone and the other two had the 2 black stones!

Yap! u got it right, I had a white stone, however, we can't be sure that the two others had black stones.

So I'm going to reexplain the solution to make it clearer.

Our riddle says that the first wiseman died and couldn't figure out the solution....what can we deduce from here ?....are you saying that we can conclude that the second and the third wiseman didn't have both black stones ?...Well that's right,.See, cuz if this was the case, then the first wiseman will be sure that he has a white stone (cuz there are only two black stones so the third one can only be a white ) but unfortunately for him this wasn't the case since he couldn't manage to survive Posted Image.

So now we have established that the two remaining wisemen didn't have two black stones....that means that we have two and only two possibilities :

1) Either the two of them have a white stone
2) or one of them has a white and the other has a black.

Keep these two possibilities in mind ok !

Now which one of them is right ? Posted Image
To determine the right possibility we have to use another information given in our riddle,...again as I told u (the hint) think why the second wiseman didn't manage to survive
Now the fact that the second wiseman didn't manage to figure out which color is his stone means that the third one didn't have a black stone. See because if this was the case, then the second will know for sure that he has a white one (take our two possibilities into consideration Posted Image) and thus he would've been able to survive (but the poor couldn't Posted Image )

And now since the third one (me) didn't have a black, the remaining possibility means that I had a white Posted Image.

Now I hope that you see the beauty of this puzzle which resides in the fact that the third wiseman, though blindfolded and wasn't able was able to see which color are the stones of his friends, he managed to find the color of his own stone by figuring out how the two other wisemen were thinking and why they didn't find the answer.

I hope I didn't make the explanation any more complicated Posted Image
  • writersfreedom likes this

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
So he didnt swallow the stone or had an afro. hmmm. Check again?

Prince DZ

Prince DZ
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Current mood: Creative
answers for the previous riddles :

1.put the first marble in his mouth and sallow it so no one sees and show that the 2nd marble is black, therefore everyone thinks the first is blue.
2. He could tell by the dew not on his wife.

more Riddle ? ok here :

1.What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps? :huh:

2.You do not want to have it, But when you do have it, You do not want to lose it? What is it? :rolleyes:

3.I am large as a castle, yet lighter than air. 100 men and their horses cannot move me. What am I? :lol:

touta

touta
  • Girls
  • 842 posts

Current mood: Depressed
I know the answer for the third one :D , the shadow of the castle smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
:lol: laughing is good but not all the time ;)