writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Posted Image

You gotta feel for the North Korean football squad. As if losing all three group games in the World Cup wasn't bad enough, the players had to endure a six-hour public shaming once they returned home.

July 2nd, the football players stood on a stage at the People's Palace of Culture and were criticized in front of hundreds of people--for six hours! After being disparaged for failing in their “ideological struggle,” the team was also forced to blame their coach, Kim Jong-hun, for their loss. Jong-hun has reportedly already been punished by being expelled from the Workers' Party of Korea and being forced to become builder.

The coach was punished for "betraying" Kim Jong-un - one of Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il's sons and heir apparent.

The country, in its first World Cup since 1966, lost all three group games – including a 7-0 defeat to Portugal.

Though this all sounds terrible, the punishment is actually not as bad as They have feared.

According to the media in South Korea , players got off lightly by North Korean standards.

"In the past, North Korean athletes and coaches who performed badly were sent to prison camps," a South Korean intelligence source told the Chosun Ilbo newspaper.

Posted Image

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image