Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor

Posted Image

Assalamu alaikom.

As part of our commitment to helping the unfortunate in our home country, I want to pass this idea through you first to gain your thoughts on the matter and inshallah some support as well.

I was hoping to do a Charity Event during this holy month of Ramadhan and raise money for Orphan kids in Algeria so inshallah they could have nice presents for Eid Al Fitr inshallah. It is important for us to do our bit for the poor and try to bring a smile to their face inshallah. Remember the hadith of our beloved prophet PBUH: a smile on your brother's face is charity.

So what do you guys think? and please think quickly as we are already on the 3rd day of Ramadhan.

What I would need from you guys are 2 things:

2 Orphan Homes (Orphanages) in Algeria whom we can reach and let them know of our commitment inshallah.
1 E-DZ charity Banner which we can spread around forums, facebook and so on. Beebo or Hayamoto can help with this

Finally, whilst I believe Allah swt has given the strength to make this happen, I still will not be able to do it alone. So if you are interested, put your name forward and I will allocate tasks accordingly.

Ramadhan Mubarak

E-DZ Charity.

Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Updates:

I have received great response about this. So let's keep it going.

Our target inshallah is to raise DZD 200,000 (or as per our lingo Twenty Million Centimes)

This amount will be split equally between two Orphan Homes as mentioned above.

This amount is very realistic and so far we have already collected 36% of it. Which is DZD 73,000 ( Seven Million Centimes - rounded)

So please know that we need your support. Tell you aunties, uncles, mothers and fathers about this. Everything will be documented and proof will be provided in the forum.

Posted Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31 August 2010 UPDATE

What we have done so far:

1. Organised an event and set a target. (Fatony)

2. Located two potential Orphanages. We decided later to deal with one association to avoid confusion. (Sosso, WF and Amina)

3. We have initiated contact with the chosen association. (Amina)

4. A leaflet and banners were made for the event. (Beebo)

5. We received all professional documents from the association.

6. We visited the premises and pictures were taken. (Writersfreedom)

7. We will use the last few days of Ramadhan to spread the word inshallah. (All Members)

We are on target and not far off from our target (80% OF THE WAY) alhamdulilah. However, after WF’s visit to the location and seeing the condition of the orphanage, we might need to raise the stakes higher. (still to be discussed).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 September 2010

We have achieved our Target of DA 200,000.

Ok alhamdulilah... We have managed to collect the full amount. DZ 200,000. It's been a lot of hard work and many phone calls, convincing people etc... So well done to the team who have made this possible.

-The situation which we have at the moment is we need to re-structure the team so each one knows his task. Ramadhan has been a very busy month for us all, with fasting, work and prayers. Different people had different commitments, this includes myself. So inshallah we will address this in our next event.

- Beebo and I are in discussion about making a dedicated page for this charity. It will have links to where people can donate and in future we will have a bank account opened for e-dz (again this isnt easy)

- As WF has visited the place, and through her comments, I have decided to change our way of helping this association. Instead of giving them the full amount at once, we will control the outflow of this cash. This donation is being raised for the orphan kids and not the association, so our Duty of Care is to the kids. Meaning, this money is to be used to furnish these kids, provide beds, matts whatever is needed and not to pay salaries, bills, outstanding costs of the Association. That is not our job, they have the Ministry of Health for that.

- WF will be responsible for making sure these donations are spent on goods for the kids. So we will get the association to put in an order for whatever is needed, and we will cover the invoice. This ensures that cash is put to good use..

I understand that there are more people who want to Donate, please pm me NOW so we ensure that your funds are received on time.

Barakallahu feekoum.

Fatony

Edited by Fatony, 04 September 2010 - 12:53 AM.

• Beebo, ♥JaNNaH♥, Amina and 5 others like this
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Current mood: Pensive
I would be very interested in helping out! What can We do????
  • ♥JaNNaH♥ and Fatony like this
Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

I would be very interested in helping out! What can We do????

Barakallahu feek Sosso. You can do us some research about Algerian Orphans. What exactly are we dealing with here. What is the situation.

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Very Well!!! No Problem....inshallah after ftour I will Hit the Net Posted Image . inshallah we will accomplish this!!!

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Great Project idea Fato , Ja3allahou Allahu fi Mizan 7assanatak Insha'Allah.

I would Love to help as well Insha'Allah.

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Ok, here are a couple associations i've found that accept donations.

1. Association Algerienne Enfance et Familles d'Accueil Benevole
27 rue Med. Fellah Kouba ALGER - 00 213 24 49 26 19
This association has 2 centers where they take care of orphans and they help troubled mothers

http://aaefab.free.f...p?vpage=accueil

2.Le Souk. Its an association created by med students and they do activities for sick children. (I know its not exactly for orphans, but it still might be interesting)

http://www.lesouk.or...resentation.php

3. SOS Village d'Enfants d'Algerie. Assocation that comes to the aid of local communities, helping reinforce family ties.

http://www.vesos-dz....ent/view/13/10/

4. Association Coeur d'Algerie
http://coeuralgerie.com/

Still looking though...
  • ♥JaNNaH♥ likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

No we work with Orphanages [ schools , hospitals , orphanages etc..] too in le Souk sis ^_^

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Hahaha! Of Course You'd Know smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I was thinking....we just started this off and maybe pulling it by the end of ramadan will be a bit challenging. So why not keep this charity event going until Aid ElKbir? We could even try to buy them a kebsh!!!! (Just brain storming here....I know it was your idea in the first place Fatony). It would give us more time and for me school would start again and I could try and involve members of our muslim association as well....

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Good job Sosso and WF. See how team work can help.

Ok, WF since you have some history with Le Souk, find out more info how inshallah we can help/donate/sponsor orphans inshallah. We can make this our first Orphan Home.

Sossou, I am thinking your number 4. (Association Coeur d'Algerie) seems interesting. Any chance you can dig deeper.. see how they work, who sponsors them.

Next tasks:

We still need a nice colourful banner smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
We need WF to get this into Facebook asap.
We need Sosso to give us some history, statistics about Algerian Orphans inshallah.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Hahaha! Of Course You'd Know smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I was thinking....we just started this off and maybe pulling it by the end of ramadan will be a bit challenging. So why not keep this charity event going until Aid ElKbir? We could even try to buy them a kebsh!!!! (Just brain storming here....I know it was your idea in the first place Fatony). It would give us more time and for me school would start again and I could try and involve members of our muslim association as well....

Sister, like I said. This sum is achievable and alhamdulilah I am very confident that we can pull it off. It needs to be done in Ramadhan. As for Eid El Kbir... Well you just gave us a new idea for that time inshallah.

We have a goal for now, we need to achieve it.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Yeah I have been working with Le Souk for about 4 years now , I'll call and tell them about your idea [not now its late , tomorrow Insha'Allah :D ] , I might also be heading there some time soon Insha'Allah.

And yeah right when you posted this Topic , I posted a Link on facebook page and I will Insha'Allah be posting the updates on our facebook page as well.

I do Believe that we can manage this and see good results before the end of Ramadan , and also During Both Eids as well Insha'Allah. ^_^

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Alrighty! Here's what i've found about l'Association Coeur d'Algerie. Here'S the Official information:

Its new non-profit making organization, born september 4th 2009. It is a Franco-Algerian partnership....They say they are regulated by the 1901 law regarding orphans and orphanages (Basically since they are partly based in France they have to make a déclaration of association as a non-profit organization...Here is a copy of that law http://www.legifranc...0&dateTexte=vig . But im still looking for their declaration number: W692003586). They mainly say that thay receive donations to help out. Here are its main members:

President and Treasurer: Anissa Dahmani
Vice-president : Marlène Prost
Secretary: Fella Bekhti
Manger of the association: Fadela Kheladi (she is the liaison with the orphanages)

Their partners include the singer Baaziz (he is appenrently the gofather of the association and makes a lot of donations through his concerts); L'Association Algerienne de Inline et Ice Hockey (Hockey Algeria); And the Website Ournia.com

Here is a copy of their Chart:

Notre charte

- Le fonctionnement de l'association n'a de sens que dans un cadre respectueux des valeurs démocratiques qui la constituent. Une action ne sera engagée que dans la mesure où elle représente la décision de la majorité des membres qui la composent.

- Cœur d'Algérie de part ses actions souhaitent promouvoir toutes les valeurs régies dans la constitution des droits de l'homme de 1789.

- Le fonctionnement de l'association ne peut être que fondé sur la base du bénévolat. Toutes rémunérations en avantages ou en natures, obtenues en contre partie des actions des membres bénévoles, est contraire à l'esprit du fonctionnement de Cœur d'Algérie.

- Toutes action de Cœur d'Algérie ne peut s'inscrire que dans une parfaite neutralité.

- L'association s'engage à rendre des comptes aux donateurs s'ils le souhaitent en étant visible de part les bénéficiaires des dons.

- Faire bénéficier un maximum de personnes.

They not only give money to the orphanages but also give them fresh water, fruits and vegetables, also books and toys. Some people volunteer to raise money for them through different events (its all posted on their user friendly website!). http://coeuralgerie....antenne-dalger/

So to make money donations, we can do it over the internet...But they also accept all sorts of material donations. Here is their adress (they are located in france but they have contacts in algeria):

Coeur d'Algérie
Anissa Dahmani
145, rue Jean Mermoz

69400 Villefranche Sur Soane
contact@coeuralgerie.com

Tél. 06 12 06 68 80

We also have the option of sponsering a child....

Here is the facebook page: http://www.facebook....id=113090699434
Their members are all there on facebook, so we could easily contact them!!!! And now i'll try to find some unofficial information lol!

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Fantastic job Sosso. oops u should work for CIA! lol.
It sounds good to me but I need you to get intouch with some of its members. See how ethical they are. We need to know that whatever we help them with it goes to good use which I am sure it does. inshallah.

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
:jazaak: Fato, very entrepreneurial Posted Image I'll be glad to help in any way.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

:jazaak: Fato, very entrepreneurial Posted Image I'll be glad to help in any way.

are you any good with photoshop? we need an idea for a leaflet. Many people asked me for leaflets to give to Algerians at the mosque. But I havent got the slightest clue how to start one. Can you give us pointers?

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam bro, sorry for the late response.

I can take care of the banner for you right away inshallah. I'll create a few different web sizes that we can put up and share with everyone.

I suggest that everyone shares this page on their facebook page so that more people can participate and help.

Let me know if more is needed bro. We might put it up as an announcement on the forum's main page and the site too.

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

salam bro, sorry for the late response.

I can take care of the banner for you right away inshallah. I'll create a few different web sizes that we can put up and share with everyone.

I suggest that everyone shares this page on their facebook page so that more people can participate and help.

Let me know if more is needed bro. We might put it up as an announcement on the forum's main page and the site too.

Yeh thanks beebo, that would be great.

regarding the main annoucement, I've already tried putting one up which is appearing on all forums. But couldnt find the option to do it at the top like u did the Ramadhan Mubarak announcement. See if u can make mine as a main announcement. Thanks.

when u do the design, upload the psd file too cos I might wanna work on a leaflet. An Algerian guy has already offered to print them for me for free :D

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
Hey Fato!! I knew you could be useful :D I'm kidding,,, :D

This is a very good idea and I'm here to help :D count me in

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Hey Fato!! I knew you could be useful :D I'm kidding,,, :D

This is a very good idea and I'm here to help :D count me in

Mashkoor. Yes we are not made for eating and sleeping only. Don't get wrong ideas. We just need to work together inshallah to make it happen. Are you aware of any Orphanages in your hometown Meriem that need donations?

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
Three years ago I saw one being built, it was almost over and should be working by now, I have to make a call for that :D