• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam E-DZers,

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Ramadan and getting the most out of it inshallah.

Just to keep everyone informed, we have created a new staff structure to simplify things around here. There were too many groups and it kinda got annoying (for me at least) :P

The site management group has been terminated due to the fact that we've not been that active nor productive in that area. I also thought that we would all benefit if we had this option open for all of our members to participate in and join. I will be creating a new topic shortly about the participation in creating content for our website inshallah. This way everyone will have the chance to be part of building the website smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> (more to come soon inshallah)

Regarding our moderating staff, I have appointed Fatony and WF as our super moderators who will be overlooking the forums if I'm not around (don't worry no body will be abusing their powers around here ;) ). They will be helped by our Moderators group which consist of Ozzy, Jannah and Demi.

I also want to inform our members that there will be an opportunity to become part of our staff members in the future. If you're interested, please make sure you stay active and show initiative, because those are the two main points we'll be looking into when appointing a new Moderator.

Saha Ftourkem ou fi laman smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Ozzy, demi and Omeymaa like this

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
well said Guv.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
we should get to vote who we want as mods :D
  • demi likes this

Done is better than perfect.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

I dnt kno where do u come up with those suggestions of urs , but always funny .. :D

~~ Peace out ~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

vote? hasn't living in Saudi taught you anything?
  • writersfreedom likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

LOL! Touche Fato .... Touche!

~~ Peace out ~~

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

salam,

To be honest, my first thought also was that a vote made by members would help to find a mod who the members trust and would like to have as a mod :D . But there are some disadvantages in voting, cause first the people who would "lose" the vote would feel like "people dont like me" or "people prefer others than me" ^^ and second we shall see it from this perspective: if different people go to an interview in aim to work in a company, then the boss don't let the company vote who they want to have working with them, because that would take much time if the whole company make a discussion and additionaly the company needs the right one, the one who is fitting for the position and not the one who the people think that this one could be fitting. So, as the company trusts their boss (cause he is always doing a good job :D ), they let him and the people with him who have experience decide who is the one best suitable for the job. This is done by a discussion about every candidate and then it will be decided who fits best. So Shura from old forum members, who watched the forum over long time, is here the key :D.
But good point about voting. If there is any other suggestion or thought, we would be apreciated to know it smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

regards

• Omeymaa likes this
في كبري عرفت القيمة

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

No Fatony, I prefer not learning anything from saudi, they should learn from me. Oh wait, it taught me not to eat to much rice so that I stay in shape.

Thank you demi qtaltna bleqder khouya :D.
Great minds think alike.
Ok, to be honest with you there are some mods here that annoy me sometimes, and as you said we should get to vote who we like..BUT because I actually like Beebo and feel that he is a very very very mature person mashallah khmous ou jbril 3lik t3oud temredelna tani :D Letting him choose prevents problem ou esseban.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

ooooooh who annoys you at times ?

I really wanna know ... Algerian of course curios hahaha :P

you can even PM me and tell me who it is , if u don't want them to know ... its okay not to want to hurt their feelings
:lol:

But seriously members voting on mods is really not logical one bit , I dnt see us voting on ministers or ppl in companies voting on staff lol , it would be a mess really , so who is it again that annoys you ? :D

~~ Peace out ~~

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Ok, to be honest with you there are some mods here that annoy me sometimes,

Why do I get the feeling that all fingers are pointing at me! Let's say there is a voting, and you are chosen to be a moderator (mashallah). Do you think you can hack it?
I would be more than happy to step a side and give you the chance to feel some of the responsibility. In fact, anybody who does would be more than welcome to submit an application and we would study it.

So Meymouna, put yourself in my shoes (well not the pumas) it can get pretty intense in here. So sometimes what looks to you like being annoying or provocative, is our way of off-loading the stress.

and hey, Ramadhan Kareem?. We have 7 days left, so keep in shape. Round is a shape :D

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

you can even PM me and tell me who it is , if u don't want them to know ... its okay not to want to hurt their feelings

Awwww haraaam, sorry that would be ghayba, plus its ramdan and last 10 days..I want my hasanaat thanks :D

Why do I get the feeling that all fingers are pointing at me! Let's say there is a voting, and you are chosen to be a moderator (mashallah). Do you think you can hack it?
I would be more than happy to step a side and give you the chance to feel some of the responsibility. In fact, anybody who does would be more than welcome to submit an application and we would study it.

So Meymouna, put yourself in my shoes (well not the pumas) it can get pretty intense in here. So sometimes what looks to you like being annoying or provocative, is our way of off-loading the stress.

and hey, Ramadhan Kareem?. We have 7 days left, so keep in shape. Round is a shape :D

At the moment I'll be honest and say that I can't take the role of being a moderator..I have a busy life. I already have plenty of responsabilities to be dealing with.
Thanks for clarifying, now I understand, how do you expect us to know without telling us? and hey I wouldnt fit in your new pumas..what size are you again 9?
And my last worry would be my shape (ata2moroun belbir wa tansawn anfousakoum!! :P jk), I have already brought my eid clothes!!

Saha ftourkoum.

Guest_Khawla_*

Guest_Khawla_*
  • Guests

To be honest, my first thought also was that a vote made by members would help to find a mod who the members trust and would like to have as a mod :D .

i think thats how it should be as well

Guest_Khawla_*

Guest_Khawla_*
  • Guests

ooooooh who annoys you at times ?

I really wanna know ... Algerian of course curios hahaha :P

But seriously members voting on mods is really not logical one bit , I dnt see us voting on ministers or ppl in companies voting on staff lol , it would be a mess really , so who is it again that annoys you ? :D

~~ Peace out ~~

I think voting is the best suggestion because the person with more votes is the person who is wanted by most members.... and imagine if we had a moderator who we don't want nor do we like!!! how is that gna work???

Beebo: its a good thing that you gave less people responsability bcz ween kayen el'3ashi kayen el mashakil!! but i think we should vote

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Ok looks like everyone is eager on voting. In that case, we'll consider voting for the next mod by members inshallah. We'll compile a list of candidates who meet our criteria of being active, respectable when replying to others, etc. and the final answer go to the members.

We haven't decided on whether we'll need another mod yet, but when we do we'll announce it and have the list available for everyone to choose from inshallah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Omeymaa likes this