- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

EZ DZ

EZ DZ
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Current mood: Balanced
As algeria's population grows. most of the inhabitants must find new places to live. I found this article in the New york times about building a sustainable city in the desert. it does not have to be this fancy, but i think we should incorporate some of that early arab architecture to our desert architecture.

http://www.nytimes.c...n/26masdar.html

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Very true bro, 80% of Algeria's area is covered by desert, yet we fail to put that into good use.

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Sustainability is great, but it has its time. At the moment, Algeria is in need of over 1.5 million units. We have a growing population and more than 60% of the population is below the age of 40. There is a demand for green buildings but only from those who know it.

We can incorporate green technology into buildings such as Natural Light, Pre-heated water, Chiller type Air Conditioning inc. Natural Ventilation, Solar Panels etc...

We have started a company about 2 months ago in Alger which is looking at building high-end villas and buildings for Algerian Expats. We will be incorporating Arabic, Spanish and Western European designs with green technology.

Hamdullilah so far we have received a lot of support, especially from the banks in Algeria and the Expat community in UK, France and Saudi.

We'll be launching a website, and a brochure soon so I will post it here so you guys can get a taste of what's to come.

There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Well it does sound like a good idea but we don't want to over build it and ruin the Beauty of nature we have here.

You know they did build many new Hospitals there and even offer ppl who go work there Double the amount of money at least. Yet no one wants to move there...I would go for sure if I had my degree by now lol.

New Hospitals with the latest equipments, new offices , buildings etc... Ya3nnie not only for Doctors but also for engineers and even Teachers.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Current mood: Pensive
Bah! Its just to keep better control of the population by the governement and hindering any economic prospects. They need to keep the people busy with everyday social struggles and other basic problems so they don't start asking the real questions

Look at Canada too, 80% empty and yet the authorities still emprison First Nations people and park them in "Reserves". All to be able to keep a controlling eye on everyone.
Posted Image

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
salam
I am a sahraoui :D

in my opinion all what we can do in our Sahara, is to use the nature in our own benefit we have an unused "Solar Energy"... "Winds".....ext as Fatony said

and all the best for you Fatony in your project.

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

محمد - Mohammed

محمد - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
I don't think this is to do with controlling the people and hindering economic prospects.Its creating jobs, educating people (masdar high tech university), commercializing research, putting abu dhabi on the 'sustainable energy' map and generally creating a brighter future for everyone involved. Exactly what we need no?
  • Beebo and writersfreedom like this
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
You know I have worked previously on the Masdar Feasibility Study, and at the time, it appeared as though they were going to mak huge losses on that city. When we told the Sheikh, he got angry and refused to pay our fees. Few months ago, the whole adminitration and company CEO were sacked, because the project was making 'Losses'. They re-designed some of it.

we told them this 2 yrs ago! Green technology is still very expensive, esp the storage equipment

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Current mood: Pensive
Nope! Population Control It Is! :D :rolleyes:

mouloudia

mouloudia
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Current mood: Disagree
The algerian sahara belongs to america now in case u dont know..there is some places ( hassi mes3oud , hassi rmal ..) u need a laisser passer from america to go in .....dzayer rahi welat kherbaaa brothers and sisters we need another november 1st to fix things up im tellin u :(
اذكرو الله يذكركم