Change
Photo

Words That Do Not belong to your Dictionary?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

We all have words we don't like to use, and hate it when others use it too much!

So what are the words, that aren't included in your own
Vocabulary ?

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

ummadina

ummadina
  • Girls
  • 168 posts

Current mood: Creative
salam

'Oh my God' or 'Jesus Christ' these are the 2 that really annoy me. They are said for anything and there is nothing worse than saying God or Allahs name for nothing. It's even in texting with OMG.
The scenario - someone talking to a friend saying 'oh my God I saw the most beautiful pair of shoes in ........':asteghfir:

Shaqiq said "Weeping over past (misdeeds), being afraid of perpetrating a sin again, forsaking the company of evildoers, and adhering to the company of righteousness - these are the hallmarks of a (sincere) repentence."

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
I don't have a problem with the above in the right context, we're supposed to call to God in situations for help. If not used as a cuss/swear word.

Some people have sayings they keep repeating which really irritate me, like "don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs", "at the end of the day" & can't remember some of the others some people have driven me mad with. Oh yes, many people say "innit" on the end of every sentence here! They say "axe" instead of "ask", "I axe you" & "I ask you" shouldn't mean same
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

kamylood

kamylood
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Current mood: Fine Contributor
"Are you free today ??"

I don't like this question ... It makes me think twice before I answer it ..
why don't you just tell me what you are up to without asking such a question .. ??

Hey !

wad

wad
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Current mood: Balanced
" What's new?"

I don't like this quetion!

ummadina

ummadina
  • Girls
  • 168 posts

Current mood: Creative

I don't have a problem with the above in the right context, we're supposed to call to God in situations for help. If not used as a cuss/swear word.

Some people have sayings they keep repeating which really irritate me, like "don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs", "at the end of the day" & can't remember some of the others some people have driven me mad with. Oh yes, many people say "innit" on the end of every sentence here! They say "axe" instead of "ask", "I axe you" & "I ask you" shouldn't mean same

That's my point. It being used in the wrong context and as a cuss. Of course we should call to Allah for help.

I agree with your other ones too. Very irritating.

fiamanAllah

Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen
  • Girls
  • 299 posts

Current mood: Torn
"i am giving up" i am doomed",well i do use these words sometimes when i feel traped ,but i don't really mean what i am saying,lol

The Big Algeria

The Big Algeria
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Current mood: Balanced

" What's new?"

I don't like this quetion!

x2

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam

I don't like these two: 'Teress' + 'el waghesh'
The first one means man in plural 'trariss'. The second means young men the feminine is 'el waghshette'
Though they are part of the legacy :D I can't stand them
Oh there's also 'el bazzzzzzzz' meaning kids. We say 'drari'. But here in SBA, they say 'bazz' with emphasis on the 'z'
Posted Image