• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
Once upon a time, there was a little worm called Wormy. Wormy lived inthe forest among family and friends. One of her dearest friends was Mr. Owl whom she cherished and respected a lot. She used to spend the evenings with him listening to him telling stories of the past or reading interesting books. Mr.Owl loved Wormy as well, and enjoyed her company. A curious little thing he used to think of her as she used to shower him in questions about anything and everything.

The future was what intrigued her the most. "We are not supposed to know what's to happen in the future, Wormy." He gently chided her every time she became annoyingly insistent. "Why so?" Was her usual whiny comeback. "That's how life works, since ever."

He could see that she was far from being satisfied . However, it wasn't time for her to really understand yet. So, he wasn't about to elaborate his answer and try to quench her curiosity.

One evening, while Wormy was wandering around, enjoying the nice breeze that ruffled the bushes, she heard the steady voice of Mr. Owl coming from the not so far meadow. She had always associated that voice with him reading books.It must be one of his reading sessions. Unable to resist the urge to go and listen to him, she started crawling closer. Then she came to a sudden stop and quickly hid behind a rock. She couldn't possibly make her presence known. Mr. Owl was reading about butterflies! A subject, he was adamant never to tell her about no matter how she begged. Since the day she learnt that she was going to turn into one herself, she became so fascinated with those beautiful creatures, with their pretty colourful wings,the way they flew smoothly among flowers... Then something Mr. Owl said pulled her abruptly away from her reveries.

"... butterflies, they live only for one day. They are considered as the creatures with the shortest life span..." Mr. Owl's explaining faded away as what he just said hit Wormy like lightning on a stormy night.

"One day?! She exclaimed as she was safely far from hearing shot "I live in this hideous form for all I remember, and I get only one day to really enjoy my life!" She was devastated, angry with life for being so unfair to her.

She wandered gloomily around the forest with no purpose, no interest.She even stopped visiting Mr. Owl for fear of being under his scrutiny. He sure would not miss the mess she was becoming. He had a way of knowing exactly what was wrong with her and swiftly made her realize what worked best for her without him saying a word!

She could picture him now saying "I never knew you to be discouraged." Or one of his "everything is for a reason."

That cleared her mind. If she had only one day to live, she was going to make the best of it.

And the planning of the best of her life began. She wouldn't sit still for days, scouting for best parts of the forest where the butterflies liked to hang around. Asking about the best fields of flowers there were. Until she came up with the perfect plan; first she would go to the southern field of apple trees, a little prairie of violet flowers. She would drop by that little creek too; she heard it was mesmerizing to fly over the glistening water watching her reflection, etc.

Finally, the time so awaited came. And little Wormy, after days in her cocoon, metamorphosed into a beautiful butterfly,with picturesque patterns of colours on her wings. She would so perfectly fit in the spring tableau drawn by nature. Yet, Wormy was far from noticing any of it, in her chase after time to fulfil all of her plan. She had only to sunset,after all.

A sunset that came lurking so fast;bringing down with it all Wormy's hopes to have the perfect day, for nothing worked as planned. First, there were that army of bees that forbidden any butter fly to go near the southern field. And some construction monsters took over the meadow. A cruel wind blew so hard, it made going near the creek impossible. And so on, from place to place Wormy moved so aware of the time pressing on her,but to no avail.

By the end, she sat on a lonely flower fluttering her tired little wings, watching the sun sinking behind the mountains. And she finally understood what Mr. Owl meant about the reason behind not knowing the future. She was so obstinate about one day in her future that she wasted away days of her life. Days she could have spent doing so many things; like having fun with her friends, visiting new places in the forest or learning new things from Mr. Owl. Now, even if it was a little bit late, she could say that she learnt her lesson; she should have lived her life a day at a time. Enjoying what was right in front of her instead of worrying too much about the future. A future that was to come on its own right time.

She closed her eyes with the last shimmering rays of the setting sun, prepared for her fate. Only nothing happened!

"You see know why it is best to leave thefuture as it is... unknown." Mr. Owl's voice startled her into opening her eyes. "Worrying too much about tomorrow will only disturb the course of today."

"But..." she stuttered her astonishment "I..I thought I was going to die" she finally blurting, blushing a little for the fact that Mr. Owl knew she was eavesdropping.

"What you overheard was about an entirely different species. What I said was: The Mayflies unlike butterflies live only for one day..."

"Oh!" exclaimed Wormy as relief washed over her "So, You will tell more about them, won't you?" She asked in a little voice, hope shining in her eyes.

"Ever the curious little thing!" Mr. Owl reply could be heard among chuckles as he took off with Wormy at his side.

• Fatony, writersfreedom, kamylood and 1 other like this
Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Thank you very much Lilia smile

Good read! ^_^

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Is there something wrong with your spacebar? :unsure:
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam

Good read!

Glad you enjoyed it smile

Is there something wrong with your spacebar?

No. This happens when I paste text here from Word. I'll fix it later inshallah
Thanks for pointing it out ^_^

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

No. This happens when I paste text here from Word. I'll fix it later inshallah

Yeah, I figured that's what happened, cuz this used to happen to me all the time when I write something and save it for later [ when I get better connection to post :D ] then paste it here. lol.

Don't worry about it, it's fixed
;)

~~~ Peace out ~~~

• Lilia likes this