• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

ibi

ibi
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Current mood: Bored
Salamu Alaikum Sha3b

A friend of mine needs a favor; I thought I can get some help in here; he is going to study in Paris IA; and he was wondering about the accommodation prices; he is not looking for something fancy; just a place to stay (and he is alone); if there is a website he can look at or something would be great...

alright thank you guys and all the best
Peace

Posted Image

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Paris is big and wide, maybe if you ask him about the name of the uni he's going to go to, we can narrow the search...
WM is there, he'll be able to help I'm sure

Done is better than perfect.

The Big Algeria

The Big Algeria
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Current mood: Balanced
Just use Google apartments, he will give you an idea!

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
salam

Well, first of all, as Omeyma has said, I can be more precise if u tell me which uni ur friend is going to apply for.

However, generally speaking, I can tell u that renting in Paris is really a troublesome task and a source of headache, especially if ur friend wants to live in the center of paris, (le département 75)

First of all, as all the other big cities like London or New York, the prices are very high, moreover, as a student, he will be asked to have a guarantor (sometimes more than one and the guarantor must have a high salary)...

The ideal solution for him would be to have a room in a public student residence, but due to the high demand, this is almost impossible specially at the beginning.

Another good solution for ur friend is for him to have family or friends who can host him at the beginning while he search for a small flat (at the condition that he has a guarantor), but from what I understood, it seems that this not the case.

Let's now talk about the practical solutions, a comfortable but expensive solution would be to rent a room in a private students residence, depending on the departement he will be going to, he can chose a residence from the following website :
adele, site des residences estudiantines

The good thing is that the government accords some financial help for students who are renting (up to 250 € per month, it's called APL or ALS)

That's it for now, if u have any further question don't hesitate to ask smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

salam
  • writersfreedom likes this
Be the change you want to see in the world.

ibi

ibi
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Current mood: Bored
First off thank you guys...
-Forwarding the site right now-
After thinking about it Honesty...I started to consider his options as well for the masters they have; and I might be following his route...for now the place is EPITA which is located in District 13, and exactly in a place called le Kremlin-bicetre villejuif; their website is "http://www.epita.fr/" .
any thoughts?
I've heard about roomates and all; wat ya think?

Blackstar:He has done so; and I did some my self today and late last night; and it seems only those commercial sites show up....

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
EPITA...great, that's one of the good private schools here,

for accommodation, I have seen in the school website that they have some agreements with three students residences in Villjuif and in Kremlin Bicêtre, but if u want to see elsewhere, I advice u to search in the departement 94 (Val de Marne) in cities like Cachan, Villejuif, Maison Alfort, or also Vitry sur Seine,... u have better chances to find good flats with lower prices than the departement 75.

Regarding "la colocation " it's true that it's more and more practiced here, I myself rent a small appartement with an Algerian friend I met here, and it's going well hamdullah.

there are some websites that give u the possibility to do a customized search for collocating, the most popular is : www.appartager.com
however, I think it's much better if u share a flat with someone u share values with (educated, algerian and specially musilm guy)

salam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: