- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor
This is the support topic for the tutorial Windows 7 Installation Guide. Please post here if you have any questions or feedback.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Thanks bro, I took the liberty of converting it into an actual tutorial under our tutorial section.

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
I used windows 7 for the first time on my bro's pc... I liked it, it was fast and you can open quite a lot of apps at same time.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam
So I read the tutorial and it seems an easy thing to do. All I need a DVD or >4 Gb USB (like I'm ever gonna find one of those :D)
Anyway, I have a couple of questions:
First, would you please explain what's an ISO image?!!
Second, is this safe to do it myself, without having to take my PC to some 'réparateur' who will take forever to fix it and snoop around in my files (telling my father about my anime/movie collection <_< ) ?

That's it ^_^ Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor
salam Lilia the easiest way is from USB drive but u can easily also burn a DVD like a piece of cake ;)

anyway about the ISO image it's an archive file token from optical disc like you rip the music from the audio cd to mp3

but the ISO contain all the files of the optical disc in one file ( like the rar files ) .

it's like u have all the data of the Optical disc but u don't have the Original Optical disc it self :D ( an image of the Optical disc ) .

I think it's clear or shall I explain more why they called it ISO & the advantages & etc ... :rolleyes:.

so about ur files or old files when u installing win 7 u will find an the same drive ( C: ) a folder called " windows old " it will contain all ur old data from the past windows , ( the windows data only ) but u can take care of your files by coping them to another drive ( D or E ) cuz u will format the driver C to install the new window in ( u can do it by ur self don't need even to some one )

i'll post also & huge free software collection compatible with windows 7 . smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Beebo and Lilia like this

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam
Thank you for the clear explanation ^_^
So basically I have to burn the file 'freshly' posted by you :P :D into the DVD that's it, right?
One more question: What's the difference between the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version (I checked the performances of my computers and it says that it's compatible for 64-bit version)