• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam E-DZ'ers,

In an effort to speed the forums more and more, now that we've got rid of the ads (major reason why the forums were loading slowly), we would like everyone to edit their signatures please and to post small pictures.

I have also put a restriction so that each signature is displayed once on the page (so if you post twice on the same page, your signature will only be displayed along with your first post on that page and not the other times to decrease the size of loading on the page.

Attached File  signature.png   4.16KB   10 downloads

Just another suggestion, when you save a picture, make sure you save it as PNG, because that's the most compressed and highest quality picture you can get.

Hope everyone can help us apply this.
  • eve likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Fares

Fares
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Current mood: Breezy
500 x 90?? 500 x 110 would have been excellent
  • eve likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

500 x 90?? 500 x 110 would have been excellent

Ok, i don't mind changing the size it's only 20 pixels smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Fares likes this

Fares

Fares
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Jazakallah Beebo, that gives us more room to work with

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

Ok, i don't mind changing the size it's only 20 pixels smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

what about 500 - 200 ? :D Greedy I know

but I don't see that the site is slow is it ? Always thought it was the net ..

N about the PNG part , Agreed !

Anyway , thanks for the effort n all bro . Betawfeek.

Posted Image

The Big Algeria

The Big Algeria
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Current mood: Balanced
The most important is the image size! innit?

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:
I think its a bit of an ''extreme'' measurement to be honest [lol] @ only shows our sig in one post, The page loading problem is cuz of the slow connection and right now for example e-dz loads, really fast for me Hamdulillah/Masha'Allah cuz the connection is a lot faster at this time than during the day. Didn't we already set a size limit for signatures before? smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I think its a bit of an ''extreme'' measurement to be honest [lol] @ only shows our sig in one post, The page loading problem is cuz of the slow connection and right now for example e-dz loads, really fast for me Hamdulillah/Masha'Allah cuz the connection is a lot faster at this time than during the day. Didn't we already set a size limit for signatures before? smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Well if people stick to the image sizes that we recommend and abide by them, then i'll take that restriction off.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

Well if people stick to the image sizes that we recommend and abide by them, then i'll take that restriction off.

Fair enough.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam
O_o I had a whole reply yesterday when the 'stupid' guy in the cyber (how do we call them :huh: ) pressed the off button without asking me smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' /> just because his money/per hour counter wasn't working.. w zid I ended up paying for more than my share humph! <_<

Just another suggestion, when you save a picture, make sure you save it as PNG, because that's the most compressed and highest quality picture you can get.

PNG! Does that mean no Gifs :D
Posted Image

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired

A very good point raised.

I'll see if the writing is readable after I cut mine down to size, otherwise I'll just make a new one instead lol

Fares

Fares
  • Members
  • 296 posts

No, it only applies to images that would have rather been JPG, BMP .etc .etc
Ofcourse, animated signatures MUST be GIFs
What he's saying is that, to ensure the maximum quality on signatures and images (That are not animated), its better to use PNG as opposed to the other formats.
  • Beebo likes this