12 replies to this topic

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
:salaam:
This is the theme of my presentation in the 23rd of January. It's gonna be my FIRST presentation (or 'serious' research paper) ever. Withholding my dissertation it doesn't count :D
Anyway, first I need all the books, articles, magazines, etc. you can provide about the Economic Growth in any of these three languages: Arabic, French, English.
Second I want someone to explain this quotation for me? And how would you explain Economic Growth for the most simple-headed person?

In the modern version of an old legend, aninvestment banker asks to be paid by placing one penny on the first square of achess board, two pennies on the second square, four on the third, etc. If thebanker had asked that only the white squares be used, the initial penny wouldhave doubled in value thirty-one times, leaving $21.5 million on the lastsquare. Using both the black and the white squares would have made the pennygrow to $92,000,000 billion.

That's it for now.
And chokran smile
Posted Image

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor
salam Sis

here what i found as books in english

Robert U. Ayres, Benjamin Warr, "The Economic Growth Engine: How Energy and Work Drive Material Prosperity"

The Formula for Economic Growth on Main Street America (Public Administration and Public Policy) By Gerald L. Gordon

Tatyana Soubbotina, «Beyond Economic Growth: An Introduction to Sustainable Development. (Wbi Learning Resources Series)»

Robert M. Collins, «More: The Politics of Economic Growth in Postwar America»

Organizational Innovations And Economic Growth: Organosis And Growth of Firms, Sectors And Countries by Elias Sanidas (Author)

Theorists of Economic Growth from David Hume to the Present: With a Perspective on the Next Century

Demographic Change and Economic Growth: Simulations on Growth Models

Elhanan Helpman, "The Mystery of Economic Growth"

Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade By Bjarne Sloth Jensen, Kar-yiu Wong

The Theory of Economic Growth: A 'Classical' Perspective by Neri Salvadori (Editor)

The Political Economy of Economic Growth in Africa, 1960-2000

Handbook of Alternative Theories of Economic Growth (Elgar Original Reference)

obert J. Barro, Xavier Sala-i-Martin "Economic Growth, 2nd Edition"

Dale W. Jorgenson, "Econometrics, Vol. 3: Economic Growth in the Information Age"

and many more :D just tell me what book u need

also I can access to the following sites : make a search & put the article URL here ;)

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

take ur time to search a I'm here for any kind of help :D
  • Lilia likes this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Ermm A-level definition..Economic Growth: an increase in the productive potential in an economy which can be illustrated by and outward shift in the production possibility curve, which is zis :D

Posted Image
As for books, the one I use is AS and A-Level Ecomonics, Cambridge.. check this link too.
Hope dat helps.
  • Lilia likes this

Done is better than perfect.

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
Whoa! too many books :D Alright I want these ones

Theorists of Economic Growth from David Hume to the Present: With a Perspective on the Next Century
obert J. Barro, Xavier Sala-i-Martin “Economic Growth, 2nd Edition"

:jazaak: brother smile as for the links I still have to consult them

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
Thank you sis baraka Allah fiki
Now your books look interesting if only they can come in direct links for downloads ^_^

ãÍãÏ - Mohammed

ãÍãÏ - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
The quotation is something which my old teacher once posed to us. I google searched and here is the full thing which might make more sense.

A few years back I was having a conversation with some people on how whenever you decide to invest in something for the long term, you should always think ahead on what would be the best choice in the long run while having persistence to follow through with it. The scenario was that if you were given a choice to receive one million dollars in one month or a penny doubled every day for 30 days, which one would you choose? When I first heard this, I knew that the penny doubled everyday must have been the better choice to go with as it was a little obvious to me that it had to be a trick question of some sort. But how much better would it be was not something that I knew immediately. So to demonstrate this, it was actually written out with all the calculations and it turned out to something like this:

Day 1: $.01
Day 2: $.02
Day 3: $.04
Day 4: $.08
Day 5: $.16
Day 6: $.32
Day 7: $.64
Day 8: $1.28
Day 9: $2.56
Day 10: $5.12
Day 11: $10.24
Day 12: $20.48
Day 13: $40.96
Day 14: $81.92
Day 15: $163.84
Day 16: $327.68
Day 17: $655.36
Day 18: $1,310.72
Day 19: $2,621.44
Day 20: $5,242.88
Day 21: $10,485.76
Day 22: $20,971.52
Day 23: $41,943.04
Day 24: $83,886.08
Day 25: $167,772.16
Day 26: $335,544.32
Day 27: $671,088.64
Day 28: $1,342,177.28
Day 29: $2,684,354.56
Day 30: $5,368,709.12

Quite a big difference once you look at it as you would be getting over 5 million dollars with the penny doubled everyday for 30 days route. The funny thing when I look at this is how it is almost like starting a business and trying to make a profit. In the beginning you struggle a lot to get things going and afterwards once it reaches to a point it just takes off smoothly. How does that analogy go again……it is something like starting a business is like a rocket ship taking off into space. You spend 80% of your fuel during take off and once it reaches a certain point it flies smoothly with minimal consumption.

If you want books, its easy. Goto http://library.nu/. Register and you will find lots of books on economic growth. You can only search once you have registered. Here are some links from that site. Its just a case of typing the title and downloading.

http://ifile.it/fe9m5it/_EKBpj2mnlZ.7z mystery of economic growth. password = ebooksclub.org
http://ifile.it/zery..._t3CJxSTD4zj.7z handbook of alternative theories password = ebooksclub.org
http://ifile.it/dgb0...rxiKJwUPR8XB.7z = economic growth 2nd edition password = ebooksclub.org
http://ifile.it/7qa3...C7oamuAMVn1x.7z economic growth africa password = library.nu
  • Beebo and Lilia like this
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor

salam
Whoa! too many books :D Alright I want these ones

:jazaak: brother smile as for the links I still have to consult them

u welcome sis smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Robert J. Barro, Xavier Sala-i-Martin “Economic Growth, 2nd Edition"

if have any download problem with any link just let me know ;)
  • Lilia likes this

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
It's almost due day! I need to know where to find Economic reports on algeria, recent ones. I tried The Economist but it's payable.

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Economics reports..everything is hidden khtii..all to do with smuggling and hidden economy!

http://www.imf.org/e...y/dza/index.htm

http://www.oxfordbus...rt-algeria-2010 << you have to pay £130 lol

http://www.gfmag.com...l#axzz1BTRMrnsl
  • Lilia likes this

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
usually I charge for this but since it is lilia:
Attached File  Algeria Country Profile 2011.pdf   76.68KB   11 downloadsAttached File  Algeria key economic indicators 2005-2011.pdf   138.87KB   9 downloads
I will put the reports for you. This is from meed.com it is payable yes.
  • Lilia likes this
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam

usually I charge for this but since it is lilia:
I will put the reports for you. This is from meed.com it is payable yes.

Thank youuuuuuuuu smile that is soo kind of you
and it's exactly what I was looking for
Baraka Allah fikom all you've been of great help :jazaak:

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
Phew done with the exposé alhamdullilah
I had my presentation today. It was okay as a whole.. I had few false starts due to my really low voice and the teacher asking me to raise it every time and then he completely ruined my anecdote <_< couldn't he wait for the end to complain!!!
So again, a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to all whom have helped me smile

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
Phew done with the exposé alhamdullilah
I had my presentation today. It was okay as a whole.. I had few false starts due to my really low voice and the teacher asking me to raise it every time and then he completely ruined my anecdote <_< couldn't he wait for the end to complain!!!
So again, a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to all whom have helped me smile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: