• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen
  • Girls
  • 299 posts

Current mood: Torn
salam
My exam of psychology of eduation will be held next week,Please mate i really do need your help in some information about assessment/evaluation in efl/esl classes,defintion ,types and most importantly how do they integrate with productive/receptive skills.
if there is any doc or link i'll be so glad!

thanks

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor
salam Sis

U must be optimist whatever it comes ;)

here what i found smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Advanced Learners ( 90 activities focusing on productive and receptive skills, vocabulary, grammar, and culture. Designed for use as self-study, in one-to-one situations, or in small groups.)

Dynamic Listening & Speaking 1 [Audio book] (Dynamic Listening & Speaking is a two-level conversational listening and speaking series for students of English at the high-beginner to low-intermediate level. Audio support materials and oral exercises work together to provide students with the tools needed to improve their real-life English conversation skills. Writing and reading sections are also included for a well-rounded approach to learning. Dynamic Listening & Speaking's step-by-step approach allows students to develop both receptive and productive English language skills by focusing on common communication situations.
Key Features:
- Natural and interesting dialogs
- Pronunciation practice to improve clarity in speaking
- Listening quiz and test in each unit
- Reading comprehension passages including cultural information and tips
- MP3 CD included
- Transcripts and answer key available separately)

Dynamic Listening & Speaking 2 [Audio book]

David Nunan, "Listen In 3 (Student's Book, Teacher's Book, 5 CDs)"
High-interest tasks support the development of receptive and productive skills while including critical listening and learning strategies.
The third of a three-level, task-based listening series, LISTEN IN: BOOK 3 is for the intermediate level. Authentic listening passages based on real-life situations serve as springboards for speaking and pronunciation exercises. High-interest tasks created around scenarios that are applicable to students' daily lives support the development of receptive and productive skills in each unit, while including critical listening and learning strategies.

Description & Features
Real-life listening practice uses listening passages based on authentic sources.
Started Unit provides an overview of each book's listening skills and strategies.
In Focus section offers opportunity for cultural comparison and personalization in each unit.
Language boxes highlight key expressions related to each unit's topics and goals.
Student Audio CD is included in every Student Book for risk-free practice outside the classroom.
Inside Reading 1 Instructor Pack: The Academic Word List in Context (With the dual focus of equipping students to interact with academic texts and helping them acquire vital academic vocabulary, Inside Reading gives students the tools they need to succeed in their academic courses.
Inside Reading approaches the goal of academic readiness from several directions:
* High-interest texts from academic content areas, such as psychology, engineering, the arts, computer science, and biology. * Reading skills relevant to the academic classroom, such as inference, working with graphs and tables, annotation, and recognizing context clues. * Systematic acquisition of the entire Academic Word List (AWL) through targeted varied receptive and productive activities, including work with word families, collocations, multiple meanings, and usage idiosyncrasies.)
James Muirden "The Practice of English Language Teaching, 3rd Edition"(One of the most widely used teaching theory books. Recommended for all TEFL/TESL teachers.
This third edition has been completely rewritten and updated to combine the best of traditional approaches with the latest developments in language teaching theory and methodology.
The Third Edition of this "classic" text incorporates a broader and more detailed analysis of issues relevant to language teachers. "The Practice of English Language Teaching" is full of practical suggestions and samples from actual teaching materials.
*Includes new examples from published coursebooks and reference materials
*'Follow-up Tasks' to practise the ideas presented in each chapter
*Suggestions for further reading, and a detailed bibliography
Theoretical insights into teaching English as a second language developed in recent years are brought together in a broad methodological approach called the balanced activities approach. The book aims at providing a theoretical background to the approach as well as detailing practical instructional techniques. The first of the three parts of the book, on theory, outlines the concerns of applied linguistics that have influenced English teaching, including (1) language learning motivation and success factors; (2) the knowledge and skills of a native speaker; (3) the content and varieties of language instruction; and (4) the connections between language learning and language teaching. The second part, on practice, focuses on specific techniques and materials for use within the general methodological approach outlined in the first part: (1) teaching and integrating productive language skills; (2) the what, how, and when of introducing new language in the classroom; (3) oral and written practice; (4) oral and written communicative activites and their evaluation; and (5) principles of teaching receptive skills. The third part, management and planning, presents an approach to classroom procedure that brings together the concerns of the first two parts and considers class management (teacher role, student groupings, and discipline) and planning (class, syllabus, and instructional materials). A section on evaluating instructional materials is appended.)
Innovations advanced (Coursebook & 2CDs, Teacher's book, Workbook)
Innovations is a new five-level general English course for classes looking for new material with a fresh approach. Based on a language-rich, lexical/grammatical syllabus, it starts from the kinds of natural conversations that learners want to have.
1. Innovations Advanced: Coursebook | 2006 | 176 pages | ISBN-10: 1413021840 | ISBN-13: 978 1413021844
2. Innovations Advanced: Teacher's book | 2006 | 64 pages | ISBN-10: 1413028535 | ISBN-13: 978 1413028539
3. Innovations Advanced: Workbook | 2006 | 112 pages | ISBN-10: 1413028500 | ISBN-13: 978 1413028508
4. Innovations Advanced: Audio CDs | 2006 | ISBN-10: 1413028519 | ISBN-13: 978 1413028515 | WMA | Lenght: 02:12:00
• Presents and practises vocabulary, collocations, fixed expressions, and more idiomatic language.
• Motivates learners by presenting interesting and unusual texts
• Emphasizes sound-chunking and oral fluency
• Covers productive and receptive pronunciation work
• Includes in-built learner-training pages that offer tips and advice
• Teaches many aspects of grammar and spoken language not found in other coursebooks
Coursebook contains 24 stimulating 4-page units, 4 review units, 12 units devoted to different genres of writing (including relevance to the Cambridge Advanced exam), grammar commentary and tapescript.
Workbook provides further practice and consolidation of language presented in the course book, extra material on key words, further writing skills support, and grammar.
Teacher's book includes step-by-step teaching notes, including specific notes for the writing units, explanations of cultural and linguistic items, and a unit-by-unit glossary of certain idiomatic words and phrases.
Listening Activities CDs: CD1 for units 1-12 / CD2 for units 13-2424 Stories Through Pictures (Timesaver) (Everybody loves a story! This collection of varied picture stories will capture the interest of students and help them to develop their receptive and productive language skills. The accompanying CD further contextualises each activity with a model story and interview.
A photocopiable resource for busy teachers.
This rich resource offers teachers a fun and motivating way to improve the fluency of teenage students. There are 24 picture stories each accompanied by a variety of tasks, culminating in the students writing their own version of the story.)

all are books with theirs resumes tell me which one u need & i'll post the link ;)

bitawfik sis

+ this in scribd

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

also u can check this one for searching in docs sites :

Hidden Content

smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam
I'll search my old 'polycopes' for you to get you some defintion inshallah

Posted Image

Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen
  • Girls
  • 299 posts

salam
i was going to post ysterday ,till i lost connexion <_<
thannkk you my friends ,so kind of you!!!
nourdine,can you please upload me this one
i really apprecite it
lilia ,did you find something? :rolleyes:

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
No poly-copes unfortunately, but here's something I found in my copybook:

Testing & Evaluation

* Testing: Concerns & Cautions:
Increased emphasis on testing is partly the result of real need for improved quality and accountability in the schools, the evaluation of learner's progress and program effectiveness do have a role to play in ensuring that learners receive high quality services. However, this type of testing often leads to inappropriate practices of testing.

---> This is to mean that sometimes there's some much emphasis on the testing (especially Achievement tests) + pressure to finish the program before the test's day that teachers devote all the time for preparing these tests that they neglect other activities.

* Types of Tests:

1)- Achievement Test:
It measures what learners have learnt, of what skills have been acquired from the instructions.

2)- Readiness Test:
Assesses the skills the learner have acquired so that the teachers can plan instructions accordingly (to see the areas of strength of each learner)

* Achievement and readiness tests are designed to provide info for the teachers so that they can plan and individualize instructions for a specific group of learners.

3)- Development Test:
Assesses learners' ability to acquire skills rather than the skills that they have already acquired

4)- Diagnostic Test: (Difficulties or problems)
This test is used to identify the learners who have special needs to determine the nature of the problem and to suggest remediation strategies.
Teachers should be trained to observe and assess young learners to evaluate their acquired abilities rather than they acquiring information

Evaluation:

It is far more complex than the simple act of giving a mark. It is not always objective as it depends on the one who evaluates, the one who is evaluated plus the test.
There are two types of evaluation: formative ( made of several tests in a long period of time ex: Final exams) & Summative ( happens once or twice in the same period of time ex: quizzes)

* Portfolio Evaluation:
A journal made by learners so they can evaluate themselves. This kind encourages the learner's autonomy.

Sorry I couldn't get you more; I have to present my exposÚ tomorrow inshallah!
  • Snow White Queen likes this

Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen
  • Girls
  • 299 posts

ohhhhhh Lilia ,you are really so kind ,you took the burden of typing all this for me :rolleyes:
i really appreciate it,thank you smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor
salam sorry for late Sis I was bit busy even in the weekend :(

so here is

Heinle ELT | 2003 | ISBN: 0838404677, 0838404642 (SB) | ISBN: 083840474X (TB) | 128 pages, 240 pages, 5 CD | PDF, mp3 | 10, 14, 139 MB

Students Book :

Hidden Content

Teacher's Book :

Hidden Content

5 CDs :

Hidden Content

Good luck sis bitawfik

• Snow White Queen likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

ohhhhhh Lilia ,you are really so kind ,you took the burden of typing all this for me :rolleyes:
i really appreciate it,thank you smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

lol I think she just copy pasted it :chill:

WgxUpZ6.png

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam

ohhhhhh Lilia ,you are really so kind ,you took the burden of typing all this for me i really appreciate it,thank you

It's nothing, as long as it is of some help to you smile
And next time inshallah, when we both have time, we should discuss 'en direct' hehehe have a written expression for the two of us :D

lol I think she just copy pasted it

Wallah walou! :laughing:

abcd25

abcd25
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:

thanks darja

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Ok I'm two years late but this might help future seekers for the same topic. There is a book about teaching methodologies, available in all Universities in Algeria since it' written by an Algerian teacher, in English. Teachers use that book to teach the same class, as we had a lot of trouble understanding that class we (my friends and I ) accidentally dropped by the library once and found the book used it and managed to understand the whole thing. Sorry I don't remember the name of the author neither the title of the book, but it's easy to find, it's the only book written about an Algeria about Teaching methods and psychopedagogy. It's a blue book.

Good Luck!

indispro

indispro
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:

Thanks in advance for post and sharing