- 225g/8oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g/8oz self raising flour
- milk, to loosen
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Grease and line 2 x 18cm/7in cake tins with baking paper.
3. Cream the butter and the sugar together in a bowl until pale and
4. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, and stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little extra milk if
necessary, to create a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
6. Divide the mixture between the cake tins and gently spread out with
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer
inserted into the middle comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes, then remove
from the tin and peel off the paper. Place onto a wire rack.
9. Sandwich the cakes together with jam, lemon curd or whipped cream
and berries or just enjoy on its own.
For required techniques..check the link
Salaam .gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Yup, I'm back with my baking. I actually baked loads more after the nutella cookies, I didn't the time to post them..One day I will.
A new habit of mine has been baking at night, at around 10:00pm..it's confirmed that what you bake at night actually tastes nicer..no joke, I don't know about anyone else but I can bake better at night, and thanks God the electric whisk sounds a bit like Wall-E, so cute lol
So as you've probably guessed I made this yesterday, I only used the recipe for the actual cake..not the filling and stuff.
Self-raising flour alternative: Mix 1 cup plain flour with 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 tbsp of salt..Add lemon rinds as well as vanilla with the eggs, you have 4 eggs in there..
for my icing, I did plain icing, egg white and icing sugar..3inek mizanek
Edited by Omeymaa™, 23 April 2011 - 03:51 PM.