4 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
salam,

If you were to cite Algerian society's behaviours and manners you would start a book, there are so many. But if you were to cite one behaviour you like about Algerian society and one you hate, what would it be?

For me the negative behaviour would be the gossiping (the fact that people stop their lives at a certain point just to get the newest gossip, reform it, add some spice to it and reproduct it)
like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78k-du7A4LM

The positive behaviour I like about Algerian society is the fact that people still stand for each other in hard moments.

• Beebo likes this

ummadina

ummadina
  • Girls
  • 168 posts

Current mood: Creative

salam,

If you were to cite Algerian society's behaviours and manners you would start a book, there are so many. But if you were to cite one behaviour you like about Algerian society and one you hate, what would it be?

For me the negative behaviour would be the gossiping (the fact that people stop their lives at a certain point just to get the newest gossip, reform it, add some spice to it and reproduct it)
like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78k-du7A4LM

The positive behaviour I like about Algerian society is the fact that people still stand for each other in hard moments.

As a non-Algerian I would say the best thing about Algerians (generally) is that they are very friendly and have a great sense of humour.

Negative behaviour - namima, gossiping and jealousy between members of our family.
  • Beebo likes this
Shaqiq said "Weeping over past (misdeeds), being afraid of perpetrating a sin again, forsaking the company of evildoers, and adhering to the company of righteousness - these are the hallmarks of a (sincere) repentence."

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
Negative : The two-faced behavior. I really can't stand it.
Positive: The big hearts and just the warmth that you feel within the society that you really would not find anywhere else.

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam
What I dislike about Algerian society's behavior is the lack of ethics. This, leading to the spread of corruption, bribery, absence of professional conscience ... you name it!
What I like is the family notion that still lingers around not like it used to, but it is there. The way we get to meet our father's great uncle or a cousin that you can't trace back in the family tree because it is so twisted :D
  • Beebo and Apocalypse like this
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Negative behaviour - namima, gossiping and jealousy between members of our family.

I couldn't agree more, this is something which annoys me to the very core. Sub7anallah, live your life, and stop looking at what other people are doing and what own. We have a saying

"yi3is fi 3er3oret enash ou nsa 3er3ourto" meaning "he keeps looking at other people's humps (camel hump) and he forgets his"
This is why our society has never progressed forward. We no longer better ourselves, because we're too busy looking at what others are doing and how and why, etc. WHY?? someone is good at business, WHY do you have to do the same, maybe allah swt gave you another trade, do something else, create your won idea, where did we Algerians come up with this behaviour of jealousy and trying to do and get what others have??

After that rant, not sure if i like anything about us hahahaha... I would say the solidarity and our pride. We are proud people of our history, of who we are and what makes us. I think that speaks very highly of our strong identity. Unfortunately some take it outside its allowed boundaries.
  • Wahrania likes this

WgxUpZ6.png