Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
salam,

Do you now who "al hallaba" are?

No

To help you, you can find them in Maghnia (the last city on the Algerian borders with Morocco, willaya of Tlemcen).

Al-Hallaba are Oil smugglers, they take it from Algeria and sell it in Morocco in higher prices or in exchange with other products, often with drugs. They use cars like old Mercedes Benz and R21 because apparently these two cars have a large reservoir. When you're on national road 22 which leads to Tlemcen, you may encounter many of these cars and their particularity is that they are usually very dirty and dusty. As I have been in touch with some people from Maghnia, and the villages around the Moroccan borders at University, I noticed some people use it as a family business. I still remember one of my classmates who used to say I don't want to study, I told my father I needed a car "nroh nhallab" but he obliged me to finish University before he buys it to me! -_____-

Those people apparently do not know how deep they are harming the country's economy which is already harmed by sweet corruption, especially those who exchange it with drugs. They doubly harm their people.

This is a reportage made by France24 on this phenomenon

Ps: That who said the borders are closed between Algeria and Morocco, he meant no good action is allowed between the two borders. If you're here as an evil doer, let's start with a small bribe on both sides of the border and May Your evil action be blessed.

And by the way I can't believe that guy who says he sold his mother and wife to buy a car and he get ten euros a day, there's sth wrong in that reportage!! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

• Beebo likes this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

That's .. sad , I mean people are doing this because their salaries are low and they aren't able to provide their families with what they need ,
but for this to become a profession ! that's unacceptable , actually in both situations it's unacceptable but what to do ? <_<

About that man , he didn't sell his mam n wife , he sold their stuff .. with that money instead of buying a car , he could have rented a shop n started a business !
And the bribery thing , that already exists in Algeria , people here actually think that the man who gets money using these ways is actually smart n they respect him !
Algerians need a reminder of standards , seriously ..

Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
You have raised two interesting points, first, the question what to do? that is an important question nobody has yet answered in real life, but many voices and pens solved it with promises and fake motivational speeches. Second, Algerians need a reminder of standards! Oh God! Algerians need to go back to school again as soon as they finish, or need to have obligatory classes of manners and islamic behaviour at college in all majors! wila slekna! Seriously, wwhenever I think our people are getting a little mature I see awful things happening

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
My cousin from my dad's side (wahran side of course) told me about such business and how many people in the west of algeria are into this smuggling business.

We all understand how tough it is to get a good pay in Algeria nowadays, but I was informed that life has gotten a bit better and the pay has increased in many public service jobs. Nonetheless, this doesn't give anybody the right to cheat nor rob others (in this case, Algeria and its people) and justify it by "oh there is no work in Algeria" or "my family is hungry" because from the example that Apocalypse provided, you can see that these people are more than well off. The fact that they're capable of buying cars to their kids at any time.

Algerians need a reminder of standards

Algerians need to go back to school again as soon as they finish, or need to have obligatory classes of manners and islamic behaviour at college in all majors!

Wallahi absolutely true. It has become the norm unfortunately where Algerians just try to follow the herd and the most common excuse is "everyone is doing it, why shouldn't I?" completely the opposite of what the prophet PBUH told us in regards to following people blindly.

Rabi yahdi ma khlaq
  • •eve• likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Zakaria

Zakaria
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:At University! Studyin' for the best and the worst, brother!

Current mood: Dreaming
We can't generalize to all "Algerians", it' statistically preposterous.

However I do know those smugglers, and no unfortunately they don't know what they're doin' to the economy. However they do know that they'll make way more money by sellin oil, than working in construction, or as a mechanic, etc... That means most of them ain't poor, they just wanna make money, and very fast.

And the government KNOWS that and let them...because if the government don't let them, the population will say " you close the borders, so diminish business in our region, and you don't want us to live correctly by letting us what we "only have left to do", sell oil ? "

I do not want the border to be open again, but really, we have to find solutions to our problems, and REAL solutions, not easy-fast solutions.
  • Beebo likes this

Posted Image

TO COOK ME

QALB EL LOOZ!