- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

zhurui

zhurui
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Current mood: Artistic
Hi! any good ol' Algerian, or Setif-ian easy to make recipes? I am hoping to surprise hubby with a "familiar" dinner than the usual asian or pasta food.
Beef and lambs will be tricky for me at this stage(im a newbie), fish or chicken recipes are welcomed! Cheers

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
we have a large culinary library in e-dz, just go to the cuisine section and check the "soups" and different meals, especially Ramadan meals! Good luck ^_^

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Meriem, a soup is hardly surprising. Zhurui wants to make a romantic meal, maybe candles and the works. Do we not have any romantic meal recipes?
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

Meriem, a soup is hardly surprising. Zhurui wants to make a romantic meal, maybe candles and the works. Do we not have any romantic meal recipes?

Now that depends on what her hubby finds romantic, being creative is the best thing here. And no low/dim lights whilst eating!! You'll gain weight!! Because you'll be more relaxed hence you don't pay attention to what goes into ur mouth..Just warning :D

Done is better than perfect.

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Soup is essential in every Algerian meal, we always start with a soup especially if its hrira (the west Algerian soup), and if you want it romantic use a lot of Coriander. I would advise you fish because it tastes amazing but then the smell will stick in you all day, try Couscous, if your husband hasn't had couscous for a long time he might cry when he eats it. But no soup with couscous. I'll try to brainstorm a little then I'll get you sth good. InchaAllah

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Soup is essential in every Algerian meal, we always start with a soup especially if its hrira (the west Algerian soup), and if you want it romantic use a lot of Coriander. I would advise you fish because it tastes amazing but then the smell will stick in you all day, try Couscous, if your husband hasn't had couscous for a long time he might cry when he eats it. But no soup with couscous. I'll try to brainstorm a little then I'll get you sth good. InchaAllah

you girls really need to brush up on advices to newly married people. The fish is an excellent idea. But couscous? its heavy... heavy doesn't go well with newly married.. causes frustrations ;). May I recommend Lemon Pie as a desert, it always gives the taste buds a kick. I heard Omeyma has a good recipe for that.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

you girls really need to brush up on advices to newly married people. The fish is an excellent idea. But couscous? its heavy... heavy doesn't go well with newly married.. causes frustrations ;). May I recommend Lemon Pie as a desert, it always gives the taste buds a kick. I heard Omeyma has a good recipe for that.

hahahahaha elli yisem3ek ya fatony would think you're sooo experienced with new marriages :D

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

hahahahaha elli yisem3ek ya fatony would think you're sooo experienced with new marriages :D

Well I always like to have an opinion about any subject. It helps you stay ahead of the game and not a social outcast :D .Rejection pushes me to comfort-eat.

• Beebo and Omeymaa like this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Well i see this has been useful for u sis ! ,
For me i tried once putting some kind of fish with lemons n bunch of spices n olive oil in the oven , it turned out .. eatable :D
But for mediterranean food , i found this Link , hope it's a good recipe lol , try it out. ( I'm not responsible for the consequences :rolleyes: )

Posted Image