Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam

East.. West.. E-DZ is best! ni Google ni sidi zakri, much talking bla fayda <_<

So my problem, this time, is with my Samsung ES55 digital camera. The other day, I was taking some pictures when the battery died on me, naturally it shut down immediately. But there was a tiny part of the lens that stayed out. So, silly me, I pushed it back.
I recharged the battery but the camera won't turn on anymore. More specifically it's the lens that won't open, because I have no problem viewing the pictures I took in that tiny screen.
So can anyone suggest something I can do besides taking it to a repair shop 'cause if my father gets winds of this, it'll be my day!
Thanks in advance smile
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

cause if my father gets winds of this, it'll be my day!

hahaha funny how every girl says that

ok so this is a very known problem with the samsung cameras.. they are very prone to that damage. Happened with one of my friends a lot.

Here is the thing, what i'm gonna suggest is kinda tricky so be careful:
  • Take out the battery and the memory card
  • Place the battery back
  • Turn it on and tap the camera on your hand (with the lens facing down) to help it open
  • Try to clean the edges of the lens in case of dust
here is a video of someone doing it to his samsung camera (not same model, but they all have the same concept)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ6PLb21enY

Good Luck!

WgxUpZ6.png

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
Thanks Beebo

I tried his way, only mine isn't even sticking out so I have nothing to grab.There's only one 'bip' and then nothing :(

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Dont panick, be islamic!

I remember some of these issues with the cameras. You basically threw it into manual drive and now you need to return it to automatic.

its simple, just press the on button, and double click on the play button so the screen comes on. then hit the menu button and go to settings> reset. Khlass.. that should bring out your lense.

if the above fails, then i recommend you to push your lense in further until u hear a click cos maybe when you did it first time it wasnt all the way in.

if that fails too, press the on buttong and the play button same time..

if that fails three, press the power button and the shutter.

if that fails four, just take the beating from your father.. its easier.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam

if that fails four, just take the beating from your father.. its easier.

I tried all the above then did just that because I was getting ideas, with hammers and screwdrivers! So,I told my dad, hurriedly adding the 'I read in the net and they say it's a common thing to happen" *innocent*
Thankfully, all I got is the head gesture.. no 'yedik mal7in' lecture :D
I'll tell you what's wrong with it once he tells me inshallah

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

dont digital cameras come in mobiles these days? I havent bought one in ages... its useless.

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam

dont digital cameras come in mobiles these days? I havent bought one in ages... its useless

Nah, the one in my mobile is barely 2 mega pixel and my camera is 10. besides cameras have some nifty tricks. and for me, taking pictures with mobile phone doesn't feel right, if I had my way I'd have those cameras 'ta3 bakri' lol

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

if I had my way I'd have those cameras 'ta3 bakri' lol

How about a professional one, Kodak.? I noticed loads of people are buying them these days, they all want to take 'professional' pictures za3ma.

Done is better than perfect.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

lala dont go for a kodak. i recommend cannon camera. semi-pro which is very good. the other one is Nikon d450 or something.

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam
ta3 wajhi professional!!! I'm more like shoot 3la zhar, sometimes I end up with really beautiful pics and I'm like 'huh, was I really the one to take them?!!' and other times I end up with my finger blocking the whole view hehehe
Kodak, Canon :huh: Fatony, we're in Algeria! If we get any of those marks it would be Codak and Kanon (Chinese replicates) :D

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

I'll give u 5 bucks for your broken one. I bought many faulty cameras before and as soon as I touch them, they work. It doesnt work on women tho.
  • Omeymaa and ℓυℓυ like this

ℓυℓυ

ℓυℓυ
  • Girls
  • 154 posts

Current mood: Sneaky

I'll give u 5 bucks for your broken one. I bought many faulty cameras before and as soon as I touch them, they work. It doesnt work on women tho.

You really are funny person....

♡.♡.♡.♡.♡

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam

You've got a language of your own ya Fatony.. The day I start figure out your innuendos and insinuations ndir wa3da :D

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

salam

You've got a language of your own ya Fatony.. The day I start figure out your innuendos and insinuations ndir wa3da :D

LMAO hahahahaha GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!

I've known him the longest here and I have to predict what he will say

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: