- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Alright so as of late, the Libyans have taken us (our government) as their worst enemies and the Libyan people are full of rage and hatred toward us because of how our government dealt with their revolution.

I was brought up with libyans all my life, in fact most of my best and closest friends are Libyan and now I'm finding that more and more of our discussions end up being "so why is ur government doing this to us?"

I see what our government is doing, because right now libya is full of weapons and is in chaos, just imagine the number of weapons that can cross into Algeria. Also, with Algeria being the center of "Al-Qaeda in the Maghrib" what do you think will happen once the weapons cross over. There are many factors that play part in why our government has been hesitant in supporting the Libyan revolution, but I believe the way they approached has had a very negative impact on how the Libyan people view Algerians.

Right now there are loads of pages that have been created on Facebook full of hatred towards Algeria and its people and government. I don't want this, I never signed up to be called a coward or a traitor, why did our government give off this negative image about Algerians?

The latest page, which i've seen the majority of my Libyan friends join, is (I'm a libyan and I support the Algerian Revolution)

so.. do you guys think that Algerians will be influenced by the Arab world and eventually take to the streets? or do you think many will just join this group Don't Touch My Bled
  • writersfreedom and eve like this

WgxUpZ6.png

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Same thing happened with Kuwait, Algeria has and always will be against fighting side by side with America, England, France or any of those other non-Muslim countries to bring down Muslims! We didn't support the invasion in Iraq so why the heck would we support it in Libya?!

I feel like we've all been tricked into believing a lie, honestly even though He was not fair and just, what they did was far worse and they helped kill many of their own people who did not stand a chance when
NATO Allies were throwing bombs at them in the middle of the night during Ramadan! Innocent people were murdered so I don't see how is that a victory!

Sarkousi doesn't want Muslims in his country and wont even let them wear Hijab or have la7ya but somehow came running to the rescue of those in Libya, Sub7a'an Allah!

Italy keeps talking about how much they're sick of Maghreb countries haraga then suddenly they remembered how much they truly care about them when al Gaddafi threatened to cut off their oil supplies, come on if Libya didn't have oil no one would've moved a finger! Our countries are a total mess now, Sudan , Libya, Syria and the list goes on but no way in H-LL is Algeria joining that list, we would NEVER allow it and NO ONE gets a say in our affairs but US!

You want Algeria to be a better place, then be the change you want to see! Before we start complaining about how no one is cleaning the streets, how about we stop littering first!

Don't cheat then talk about bad schools! Study and you'll do well if you don't then you cant blame the educational system! There are many examples but the point is one ...... It's up to us to make a change, not some thugs who just want a chance to destroy our country, steal and kill that's not a revolution!

Shame on us for giving refuge to a pregnant woman, children and an old woman? Everyone is asking Algeria to turn them in, funny how no one's demanding Saudi delivers Ben Ali!

May Allah (swt) keep our country safe, guide our youth and restore the peace to our nation. ameen.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

• eve likes this
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Mmm, I never thought of it that way neither did I know that Libyans were that mad with us, ignorance isn't a bless after all.
I was also mislead by the Media I thought Algeria was just creating extra problems for us to have to deal with, by not supporting the new Libyan government n giving shelter to Al Qathafi's family, but now that u guys said what u said, oh how could i have been more wrong.

But I think the issue is that Algeria is not explaining it's actions, President Butaflika should have come out on like national television n just explain to the people, n Algerians r only making it worse by hacking Al Jazerah Facebook page n site, what good will that do? -it is related to the Libyan matter right?-
People are getting the wrong image of Algeria.
Something has to be done, it's only getting worse by time.
Posted Image

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Just to clarify certain things :

Algeria did not support either side in the Libyan revolution. It did not support Gaddafi and it did not support the rebels. Why? Well because it was an internal problem and Algeria was completely against any foreign intervention. So in reply to writersfreedom, Algeria did not fight side by side with the US, France or any of those countries .. they actually supported the rebels when Algeria didn't. In other words, they took sides in a civil war. When the war first started, the Libyan rebels (the National Council or wtv they're called) were completely against foreign intervention .. they only asked for it after they began losing the war, that's when NATO began its air attacks on Gaddafi. So why are Libyans now mad that Algeria did not support the revolution? Posted Image The real question is: Why would Libyans expect a foreign country to pick a side in a civil war? Don't forget, plenty of Libyans supported Gaddafi (even though plenty supported the rebels as well).

Another issue is that some of the Libyan rebels have links to Al-Qaeda, fighting side by side with them in Afghanistan and other places. As you all know, the Algerian government has been fighting against Islamic extremists for years now, especially the GSPC, who are now known as AQMI (Al-Qaeda Maghreb). That is also one of the reasons why the government did not support them.

Like eve said though, the real problem was communication. The Algerian government should have came out from the beginning and stated their official position on the matter instead of letting "certain" sources put all the blame on us and portray us like some evil neighbor.

And just to reply again to writersfreedom, why on earth would Algeria support the Iraqi invasion? In fact, why on earth would anyone support it? It's an illegal invasion that was done solely for the purpose of extracting Iraq's huge reserves of natural resources.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

So in reply to writersfreedom, Algeria did not fight side by side with the US, France or any of those countries

How is that a reply to me when its exactly what I said too? smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

Why would Libyans expect a foreign country to pick a side in a civil war?

That's a good question.

And just to reply again to writersfreedom, why on earth would Algeria support the Iraqi invasion? In fact, why on earth would anyone support it? It's an illegal invasion that was done solely for the purpose of extracting Iraq's huge reserves of natural resources.

Why are you understanding the opposite of everything I say? :huh: lol.

Many did support it at first, how else do you think it happened? Arabian gulf countries gave America the green light to go ahead and ''save'' Kuwait and ''protect'' Saudi, biggest American military base is in Qatar, and when Algeria was sending meds and supplies to Iraq such as milk and food, after it was hit badly by U.S forces, Kuwait took that as an insult and even said we betrayed them by doing so.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Lol sorry if I misunderstood, I actually thought you might have been saying that so I re-read your message a few times before I replied . I guess it wasn't a good idea to reply in the middle of the night Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Lol sorry if I misunderstood, I actually thought you might have been saying that so I re-read your message a few times before I replied . I guess it wasn't a good idea to reply in the middle of the night Posted Image

That's okay bro. No harm done, we've all been there before :D

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
wow did I miss all that!!!! Do you remember guys when about few months ago I said there was a conspiracy against Algeria? the one caused by Al Jazeera; they won't stop until they get what they want
  • Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

wow did I miss all that!!!! Do you remember guys when about few months ago I said there was a conspiracy against Algeria? the one caused by Al Jazeera; they won't stop until they get what they want

Well not surprising .. aren't they banned from reporting in Algeria? I know there was an issue with them a few years ago and Algeria banned them from reporting (probably not the best decision but it would explain a few things)

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

yea, they've been banned for a few years now, so i'm not surprised. Surprisingly, the chief editor of the Al-Jazeera is Algerian.. who knows?

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

yea, they've been banned for a few years now, so i'm not surprised. Surprisingly, the chief editor of the Al-Jazeera is Algerian.. who knows?

Being Algerian doesn't mean you support Algeria (or its government). In fact, one of the biggest problems with the whole Algerian-Libyan thing right now is the comments of Algeria's former ambassador to Libya, Larbi Zitout, who gave tons of interviews for news channels all over the world about Algeria's role in the Libyan conflict and basically saying that we supported Gaddafi and were against the rebels (which is not true). However, everyone took it as fact and ran with it and look where it has left us.

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Alienated
This whole " Libyan Revolution" is not real.... oO Its another one of those Bildergerg plans to confiscate Libya's oil.. Gadafi wanted to stop, or disintegrate himself from a oil company / organization that included France and Italy and keep the oil reservations to himself or in other words become autonomous and begin spreading some of the wealth to the people and to infrastructure ( but he would still keep most of the wealth to himself lol ) I could say more about this, there is a professor from Libya at my university who gave a speech about this issue, but i dont really remember everything he said.. there are still other pieces to this puzzle. anyways this is the basic reason why the US ( or more precisely, the Elite ) wants to bring down Gadafi.
Sure he is an awful man ! But one enemy is more dangerous than the other.. and thats NATO / UN / Bilderberg all of these and other entities that strive to enslave us in an illusion and are trying to dictate the agenda of this world.

Alqaida in the maghreb..... -_- Alqaida does not exist, per say, the monster did not create itself.
It was created by the CIA.. and now functions as a puppet and a very powerful tool nowadays for the creation of the "police state" in America !!! The TSA, an organization that supposed regulates security at airports, is breaking the law by touching people in their private parts for the pretense of searching for weapons bombs ect.. slowly, people are getting accustomed to give up their rights all for what ? so called terrorists and alqaida -_- .........which this government created.

So.. in light of this, I have an important question.. the period of terrorism in algeria.. and the islamist party and all the violence ect.. was this attributed to alqaida in the maghreb ? o_O if yes, OMG !! So then the cause of this was really CIA ( because of the origin of alqaida) and maybe even French Intelligence ? I would really like for someone to clarify this to me ^^
-*-*-*Viva*-*-*-*Argelia*-*-*-<3 Mi bld adoptivo... ! ^_^ assa azeka..dima!

\. ALGERIA ..

.\.**...

..\

☻/

/
; ;
b b

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I have an important question.. the period of terrorism in algeria.. and the islamist party and all the violence ect.. was this attributed to alqaida in the maghreb ?

Nope. There is no one out there that can give you an actual explanation of who or what was behind the dark 10 years.

The most common story is (in summary of course) that the Islamic party won the elections, then the military (who didn't expect them to win) took matters into their own hands (in the form of coup d'tat) and then started going after party members, this forced the party to declare "war" against the government and move to the mountains, that's when things started to get ugly. During this time, lots of people saw a chance to use the "war" for personal gains. Some groups were formed and we've heard their names come up such as GIA, who were involved in this. Then some state that the military got involved by creating fake "islamic" terrorists and sending them to hunt and murder people.

I know none of it makes sense, because until now, there is no 100% explanation of what actually happened and who was responsible.

If anyone has a better explanation, maybe it would clear things a bit more.

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Alienated
But the Islamic party won democratically just like hamas in 2006 ... so i have heard...
if it was a secular party none of that stuff would have happened.. and to be honest i think the islamic party wanted to emulate a "Sharia" government like Afghanistan but thats just a theory.. i dont believe in theocracies they are impossible to keep pure.. power+wealth+religion = not good !! I do have mixed emotions... on one hand im glad the islamic party did not take over government but on the other hand.. im very disappointed at the fact that the people's choice did not matter.. as if democracy has no place in middle eastern countries. My history professor made a peculiar statement: " Democracy is not always good, for example in the Middle East, the people would end up electing another "Muslim" dictator" o_O so he is saying that democracies are only good if the governments are secular or even better, Democracy is NOT GOOD in Muslim-majority countries... -_-... tunisia was hardcore secular and was it democratic ? NO Ben Ali was a dictator and a criminal.. And I am pretty sure the majority of muslims in the middle east want a secular government not Islamic Law.