- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Alienated
Saha ga3 ! :D Well , I didnt know where exactly to put this topic so I hope it's in the right section.

I grew up as a protestant-pentecostal christian... what that is is basically a christian who has no connection whatsoever with Catholicism and who adheres to the doctrine of the church you attend.. so the "pastor" functions as the only "pope" of a certain congregation , haha thats why he is called pastor because the people are supposed to be his "sheep" LOL. Anyways, its very emotional and based on "feeling good" with your relationship with God.... and these people dont call Christianity as a religion.. because to them its a bad word lol they would always say that they have a relationship with God and not religion... They said this in order for us christian youth to think that prayer regularly , engaging in rituals and all that stuff was wrong in the eyes of God(swt) because the philosophy was... going to church every sunday or whatever day and praying alot does not make u a christian.... ( then what does ? lol) just believing in jesus as lord and savior is the only thing that God will take in consideration -__- ! But this is where I have to agree with the Catholics.. they believe in faith AND works ... GOOD works ! Now as a muslima.. alhamdulilah ! I realize that having faith.. plus praying 5 times a day and fasting and giving Zakat is a virtue in the eyes of God (swt). So this is only one of the many reasons why I disliked my old religion. But of course it had a lot to do with Jesus and the trinity... I knew I was worshiping 2 people God(swt) and Jesus(PBUH) and no mattter how much people would say God and jesus is the same person.. ( astaghfirullah !! ) I knew deep down inside that was not logical !! So Islam defined Jesus as a human being ( of course) who was a mighty messenger of God(swt) He was to bring peace and order in the corrupt society of the Jews.. who disobeyed God by not receiving as the Messiah... but Allah has everything in Control.. and Islam also exalted and purified my view of God(Allah)swt !! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> And then I fell in love with the Quran.. and its scientific miracles !! Wow so many good things in Islam ! mashallah ! Of course im only touching the surface of how much I love this deen.. but I just wanted to share my joy with all of you

salam ! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Beebo, writersfreedom, Lilia and 4 others like this
-*-*-*Viva*-*-*-*Argelia*-*-*-<3 Mi bléd adoptivo... ! ^_^ assa azeka..dima!

*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.

\¸. ALGERIA .¸¸.

.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤

..\

☻/

/
; ;
b b

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing sis!! and we're all proud of you and happy to be apart of our great Ummah as well as our tiny great E-DZ community :D

One question... how long ago did you convert? and how old were you? are you the only one from your family who converted?

(love my trick? I said one question.. but never mentioned how long it's gonna be Posted Image)

WgxUpZ6.png

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Masha'Allah! Thank you for sharing your story with us sis smile

We are all very proud of you and happy to have you as a member of our family indeed ^_^

I have the same questions Beebo asked :D

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor
machallah , happy to hear that but at least just mentioned the time as beebo said the duration of each part Posted Image ,

barak allah fik

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

machallah , happy to hear that but at least just mentioned the time as beebo said the duration of each part Posted Image ,

barak allah fik

hahaha you guys are funny ^^ !

Ok.. so you can say that I have been "muslima" for one year.. because it was exactly around late august early September of last year that I had such a strong desire to learn about islam, that I couldnt call myself a christian anymore, I felt that would be hypocritical of me. So I guess I was like half-muslima half agnostic ? :lol: So it wasnt until December 29 when I took my Shahada.. so its been almost 10 months.. since I have been *officially* muslim smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It was really a difficult transition.. but a beautiful experience nonetheless.. I mean had a doubt that was killing me in the inside.. i was asking God... " What am I doing ? I have been a christian all my life.. this is how I have been perceiving reality all my life... and now im going to just change that ?" and then I realize.. that all the problems i have been having with my old faith.. were about to be resolved the moment I decided to convert to a religion that made much more sense.. and that was bringing peace not only to my heart, but to my mind.

And I am the only one in my family to convert.. It took a while before I told my parents the truth, and once they knew... it was not a nice moment.... they are very disappointed with me and of course I suspect that they fear that I will have a hard time being muslim in this American society.... and now they dont try to think about but eventually this topic will come up again... my brother knows and he is ok with it because he is an atheist lol so its n ot a big deal for him..But my sister does not know.... so that might be a problem I only ask that God be with me through these difficult times.. inshallah ^^
  • writersfreedom and •eve• like this

Nouredine

Nouredine
  • Darja Gurus
  • 281 posts

Current mood: Amused Contributor

hahaha you guys are funny ^^ !

Ok.. so you can say that I have been "muslima" for one year.. because it was exactly around late august early September of last year that I had such a strong desire to learn about islam, that I couldnt call myself a christian anymore, I felt that would be hypocritical of me. So I guess I was like half-muslima half agnostic ? :lol: So it wasnt until December 29 when I took my Shahada.. so its been almost 10 months.. since I have been *officially* muslim smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It was really a difficult transition.. but a beautiful experience nonetheless.. I mean had a doubt that was killing me in the inside.. i was asking God... " What am I doing ? I have been a christian all my life.. this is how I have been perceiving reality all my life... and now im going to just change that ?" and then I realize.. that all the problems i have been having with my old faith.. were about to be resolved the moment I decided to convert to a religion that made much more sense.. and that was bringing peace not only to my heart, but to my mind.

And I am the only one in my family to convert.. It took a while before I told my parents the truth, and once they knew... it was not a nice moment.... they are very disappointed with me and of course I suspect that they fear that I will have a hard time being muslim in this American society.... and now they dont try to think about but eventually this topic will come up again... my brother knows and he is ok with it because he is an atheist lol so its n ot a big deal for him..But my sister does not know.... so that might be a problem I only ask that God be with me through these difficult times.. inshallah ^^

ماشاء الله really nice , I greet you about your courage , such a girl in your age in such family & society take that decision is not an easy step really , anyway about your family try to make them know the reality of Islam & why you're satisfied with ( especially your brother Posted Image ) , also every one who is against your choice , Islam is not what they see in the TV or learn about it in news Islam is vast very vast , they don't know it well for that they hate it , I greet you another time mashallah , feel free to ask what you want about Islam or algeria you' re at your home make your self comfy ^_^
  • Beebo and writersfreedom like this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Very inspiring sister. Wallahi it's a great pleasure to hear about it. I've had many many friends who converted alhamdulilah when I was growing up, because of how they saw us (my friends and I) act and behave and how we pray regularly and fast. We've had 2 converts while I was growing up and we've been best friends till today alhamdulilah.

Just remember sister that many Muslims don't represent the true Islam. Islam is wow, very amazing in all aspects and is very pure and straight forward. Everything has a reason, and what doesn't have a reason, actually brings you that much closer to Allah swt. The thing that I see in our western societies is the fact that many Muslims give a very bad picture about Islam because of their ignorance of the deen and so they end up ruining it for the rest of us.

I just noticed you're in texas.. which part? because I know the Muslim community in Houston is mashallah one of the best in North America. They are very active, practicing and educated community. I'm also sure of the famous Br. Yousef Estes. Amaazing man mashallah.. a true pure Muslim. I had the pleasure of meeting him when we invited him to one of our MSA conventions and he told me soo many funny stories when I picked him from the airport :P

Again, I add to what Nouredine said, I salute you for what you did and your struggle and I ask allah swt to help you and guide your family to the right path inshallah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We're all here to help you with anything you need, so please feel free to ask anything.

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Wow this is amazing and truly inspirational, thank u for sharing.
I admire your courage and willpower, I mean facing your parents with the truth n being rejected by your society, Allah y3enek w ywafqik Sis.

If you don't mind me asking, I'm wondering what motivated you to convert to Islam? I mean you obviously had previous knowledge of it but what got really thinking of it, did u like just research it on the internet out of the blue? n where did you learn more about Islam, the internet also?
I'm sorry for asking for such details it's just this is my first time meeting someone that converted to Islam, I'm curious.

Again I thank you sis, n I'm sure you will find people in your community who will support you, n when you learn more about Islam n get a solid background on it try n spread the word.
N we are here for you with whatever you need, we all are brothers n sisters.

Fi aman Allah.
Posted Image

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

( you all may want to grab some popcorn and a drink this might take a while lol )

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and support... really mashallah I can sense the warmth coming from all of you good pious muslims !! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ( and no its not the heat from the computer screen hhh :D )

Beebo : Haha Houston really ? I would have guessed San Antonio.. which is like 2 hours away from my hometown ( laredo,texas , bordering Mexico) Every time I go to a mall there I see like a looooot of muslims lol especially hijabi sisters awww they look so cute^^ i dont know how they do it, but they manage to dress halal but with a western-look and others wear abayas which is still pretty cool ^^ ! I also got to see 2 niqabis there.. lol something that i never thought i would see in my lifetime hehehehe same thing in Austin ,Texas they got a large community there too... And yes I have heard of Yousef Estes I have seen his videos and conversion story and really mashallah I can relate with him in a lot of things because we come from almost the same christian background and his story is really inspiring

anyways.. yea we dont have a lot of muslims here in Laredo.. just 3 or 4 families.. one syiran another palestinian-lebanese and one moroccan... omg the moroccan lady is sooo nice ! There are 2 other muslimahs my age ( I am 19 btw).. one from Yemeni decent the other is Lebanese-palestinian and half mexican LOL ... but she is not that nice :( she acts too western.. and she is not really that serious about islam... and the yemeni girl is really nice but she is married and we cant really hang out loool

Eve: Well.. the process of me converting is actually very LONG but I will try to summarize it :D
So I believe that Allah(swt) used my interest in languages and cultures as a tool.. because ever since I was 14 yrs old I loved studying about different cultures, at that time I was learning portuguese and italian ... I happened to come across brazilian and italian music that i liked so, i wanted to try out those languages , then i was in french mode lol so I began to listen to french music.... now here is where Allah definitely took advantage of this opportunity for me to learn about islam... At that time when I was learning french, I met some moroccans and algerians^^ online and since i couldnt speak with them in derja I used french and they would correct me/help me ect.. and the topic of Islam would come up. I was delighted to hear about it but when they started to say that I should think about converting i was like... WHAT??? lol no NEVER ! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> no matter how much I actually loved it lol Seriously, when I was learning about Islam in elementary and middle school I was the only one actually interested and enthusiastic, I remember the first arabic word I learn was Allah <3 (swt) and Ramadan, I loved learning about Ramadan because I noticed it was the same thing christians do,, fast as gesture of worship to God ect.. and also I learned that images were haram , or forbidden and I since I was protestant ( not catholic) this was a big deal for me and I agreed with the islamic ruling.. and so this was the basic things i learned about islam in a textbook. I didnt know about tawheed or about jesus as a prophet or any of that.. and do you know what is the most shocking thing that happen to me ? I entered a crisis as a Christian when I had trouble praying to God... because I didnt "feel" like praying to jesus or worshiping him, and I felt more natural invoking the name of God... and I thought I was sinning ! LOL So I was very very depressed thinking shaytan was attacking me.. but it wasnt until I began to read the Quran ( which at first i read only to learn Arabic) my world, my whole life changed forever ! Then I began to watch youtube videos on da'awa and other websites.. and articles online.. until I finally made that decision to say la ilaha ila allah mouhamed rasoul allah.. Just 1 God.. and Jesus Mouhamed, Mousa , Ibrahim (saws) were just important messengers to mankind in order for us to be on the right path... so now I know Jesus had the right place in my heart and I love him more than ever, not as god, no, but as a best friend, a teacher a prophet and when I read the biography of Mouhamed (sa) woooow I love his virtue , faith and character he was a GREAT man in history ! mashallah !! The lies of the media and people did not affect me, alhamdulilah

The End :D
  • Beebo, writersfreedom and •eve• like this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Awesome stuff!!! haha.. thanks again for the detailed and well-written story-telling/presentation sis :D

I'm not sure if you watched some of these documentaries, but PBS broadcasted some amazing documentaries after 9/11 about Islam and about Prophet PBUH. I encourage you to watch them:

Muhammed: Legacy of a Prophet and Islam: Empire of Faith

I'm sure you've read lots of books by now about the Sirah (life of the prophet) so the videos are just great visual aids :P

Best of luck in everything sis, like always, we're always here if you need anything inshallah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

wow, I'm left in amazement again, this was a very interesting summary.

So it's safe to say that the main factor of your conversion was Quran, right?

n thank u for sharing this with us sis, I'm really glad I got to know your story.
I wish you all the best sis, Allah ywafqek.

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

salam

wow, I'm left in amazement again, this was a very interesting summary.

So it's safe to say that the main factor of your conversion was Quran, right?

n thank u for sharing this with us sis, I'm really glad I got to know your story.
I wish you all the best sis, Allah ywafqek.

:D YES ! inconsistencies in christianity + Quran + logic = conversion to islam ! :D

salam ! May allah bless all of you !! ^^
  • Beebo and •eve• like this

jollyme- :)

jollyme- :)
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Current mood: Angelic
Mash'Allah! I'm glad you are liking our deen smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />. Stay strong sis!! We're all a family & we're in this together. MUSLIMS UNITED :D
(¯`v´¯)
. •.¸.
Jollyme

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
:mellow: salam dear sis and alhamdulilah that finally you have seen the light. Welcome home.

youtube has live streaming of Makkah:

soon it will be Hadj time for muslims... so add it to your favourites.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

Thats really nice !! mashallah thanks ! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

del

del
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:

@Tageldunt Zelda - Assalamu 'alaikum, I see that you are from Laredo. I know a sister in Laredo who is interested in taking shahada. Do you know any other converts in Laredo who could she could connect with? Would you be able also to do so? Also I have started a group online called "New Muslims Sisters in Laredo". Please check it out by googling it. it is a good way for new Muslim sisters in the area to connect and get to know one another. JazakaAllah khair, thank you!

• •eve• likes this