• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

How are you doing guys? I hope you're doing well.
The other day, I got into this super gloomy mood, you don't want to know how depressed n frustrated I was, the reason to that is this: you know when you dream of what you want to be when you're all grown up n having a future n a family etc.. I always imagined I would be a person that would always do the right thing no matter what n since I will be a Lawyer inshallah I thought I'd be one of those people who stand in the parliament n defend the people n stand for what i believe in, n I was even thinking of majoring in human rights.
One day I read writersfreedom's signature :

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

n I was like Yeahh!! what can my enemies do to me!, I would love it if they killed me cause I will be a Shahida, n I don't mind a prison, n I have many places to see if i was exiled, but with the recent events I started seeing those horrible scenes of torture, n listening to the horrible stories of the syrian army n (el shabe7a), n for the first time I started questioning myself, am I really willing to do what is right? no matter what? I know many of you reading are thinking of what a chicken I am, but seriously, when you hear about that Iraqi journalist n how brutally he was tortured by a bunch of british soldiers, n how people in Syria are found electrocuted n stabbed all over their bodies, if I was in their position I really don't know if I would stand strong or just surrender, can I handle pain n suffering?... I'm freaking terrified of needles are you kidding me??!

N okay for you courageous people, what if the enemies had a member of your family? I mean I heard the story of that syrian man that (el shabi7a) took his 4 year old son as a hostage, n guess what they didn't just take him, they tortured him!! I mean these people are ruthless, they would do anything to get what they want.

Watching the Syrians protesting day after day knowing they just might be killed today, I feel so ashamed of myself n how fear has gotten me, but I can't help it..

So here I am questioning myself again, am I willing to do the right thing?, more importantly are you willing to do the right thing?
  • Beebo likes this
Posted Image

wad

wad
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Current mood: Balanced
Dear eve,

Each gruesome and gloomy night must have the dawn on its tail, following it closely and appearing when you least expect it. Upon seeing the trees strip out of their leaves during Autumn, one would think that the end is approaching; death is lurking just around the corner. And yet, here's the Spring, the Season of the re-birth coming and making everything lively once more! Mervellous, isn't it?! The land puts on a green clothing and so do most of the trees. Life goes on and doesn't stop for anyone's misfortune and vice versa. Hence, as long as your heart still pumps blood throughout your veins, it is never too late. Our hearts bleed for their suffereings; we've been there for the last few years and we know what is it like to be tortured and transgressed. We can pray for them and hope they get what they always wanted...freedom. I hope that all that bloodshed wasn't in vain and the people responsible for it are going to be punished sooner or later. Peace.

• •eve• likes this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Well that is what kills me, we only hope and pray for them, we need to do something but what can we do?!?!
These corrupted governments of ours make me sick, if everyone with authority is corrupted then no one is able make a move, I mean those soldiers in Syria that rebelled, the army freaking went to their houses n got them!.
It's like don't fight the power n nobody gets hurt, what can the people possibly do?!

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
sister, you're not the only one. Lots of people have the same feeling and the same question....

I believe that everyone is strong when they are put into the right situation. You can never know your true self until you're in that situation. it's only then that you'll know whether you'll be able to stand up for yourself and what you believe in.

WgxUpZ6.png

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

It would be too late to know when you're put in that situation, wouldn't it?..

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

It would be too late to know when you're put in that situation, wouldn't it?..

True, but sometimes, that's the only way to truly know

Mimi Sweety

Mimi Sweety
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Current mood:
Right, what is happening in Syria, Iraq and other Arab countries is heartbreaking, it causes intense anguish and sorrow but all what we can do is to pray for them, I think sooner or later they will manage to overcome all the tyrants, free themselves and rebuild their countries.

They should stick to their principles and stand for what they believe is right, of course the price will be higher but it is really worhty.

**Do your best & Accept the rest---Life is about taking chances **