• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Alienated
salam everyone..

So when you make salat.. the first step is to say allahu akbar..then 3udu billah min eshaytan elrajim.. bismillah errahman errahim.. then recite alfati7a

and then.. bow.. and say sub7anallah el3dim. 3 times so far am i right ? hehe

then say allahu akbar and do soujoud... and say... ? sub7anallah el3ala or el3ali ? and then you can make dou3a..
then once you are sitting down.. or kneeling what do you say ?
ok so after that u make soujoud again and then kneel... and finally get up and repeat.. and depending what prayer time it is.. u either do 2 rakats for fajer 4 for duhr 4 for 3ser 3 for maghrib and 4 for I'sha ...

i have been hearing different says to pray for some odd reason lol .. i have seen youtube videos and been to islamic websites but they vary in many ways..

and today i went to a sister's house and there she showed me the correct way to make salat.. but there was still some things that were not so clear smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

ok thanks everyone ^^
-*-*-*Viva*-*-*-*Argelia*-*-*-<3 Mi bléd adoptivo... ! ^_^ assa azeka..dima!

*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.

\¸. ALGERIA .¸¸.

.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤

..\

☻/

/
; ;
b b

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

I think you should check this video, visuals are much helpful in terms of the steps so, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKb2zX1QBs

Make sure to check the other 6 parts, I think each part is 5 mins or so?..
Posted Image

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
You say sub7anallah el3ala and when you are kneeling you say tahiat .

There are different ways of praying because some scholars have different interpretations of hadiths and the Qur’an too. It doesn't mean that one way is necessarily right and the other wrong. The most important thing is that the major aspects are all the same (making wudhu, facing the qibla, the number of rakats etc. )

This might interest you, it's a "beginner" and "advanced" presentation for prayers:

http://english.islamway.com/sindex.php?section=prayer

smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

So when you make salat.. the first step is to say allahu akbar..then 3udu billah min eshaytan elrajim.. bismillah errahman errahim.. then recite alfati7a

after al fati7a you recite a Sura from the Quran or just a part of a Sura, you can start by memorizing the small Suar at the end of the Quran.

But you only do that in the first two rak3at, as in;

let's say you're praying Duhur you start like : Allahu Akbar (besm Allah..) (a3udu be Allah..) (Al fati7a) (A Sura) (Allahu Akbar) bow (sub7an rabi al 3athem "3x") (Allahu Akbar) stand up (Allahu Akbar) sujoud (Sub7an rabi Al a3la "3x") (Allahu Akbar) sit up (Allahu Akbar) sujoud (sub7an rabi al a3la "3x") (Allahu Akbar) Stand up. N then you start all over again n u do the same for another 3 times, but the second time you do this after the second sujoud you don't stand up you sit up n say (al ta7eyat le Allah wa al salawat wa al tayebat al salamo 3alaika ayoha al nabey wa ra7mato Allah wa barakatoh al salamu 3alaina wa 3ala ashraf al mursaleen) n then tash-heed (Ash-hadu anna la elah ela Allah wa anna mohamad rasoul Allah) (Allahu Akbar) stand up.. N then you start again.

N after the second time you stand up which will be the third time you recite al fati7a you don't recite any Sura after it you bow right after al fati7a.
So the first two times you recite al fati7a in any salat you recite a sura n that's it, just the first two times.

And after the last sujoud you do the same as above (Al ta7eyat le Allah..) n u add (Allahuma sali wa Salem 3ala sayidina Mohammad wa 3ala aale Mohammad kama salayta wa salamta 3ala sayidina Ibrahim wa 3ala aal Ibrahim allahuma barik 3ala Mohammad wa 3ala aale Mohammad Kama barakta 3ala sayidina Ibrahim wa 3alla aale Ibrahim fel 3alamin inka al 7amid al majid) (ash-hadu anna la elah..) n then you end with turning your head to the right (al salamu 3alaikum wa ra7matu Allah) you turn your head to the left (Al salamu alaikum wa ra7matu Allah)

I hope this was clear, n if you don't get something or your not sure of something just ask we are here to help you sis.

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Alienated
WOW !!!! Great explanation thank you sisters ! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Just a small question.. do turn to the right and left and say salam alaykom wa rahmatulah.. even if your alone ? :D
the tahiat and tashud are pretty long :P but i will manage to memorize them ! ^^ inchallah ya rab..

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Yes you do even if you're alone, I think when you say al salamu 3alaikum to the right n then to the left you're saying it to the angels on your shoulders (The one's that write your good deeds and your sins) but I'm not sure Allah a3lam, I also remember reading that if your prayer is done in the right manner angels will pray with you, so you're saying al salamu 3alaikum to them, still I'm not sure so..

n ya I remember when I was a kid n I just learnt al ta7eyat, I used to always mess them up, but with time it will get easier :D so Allah y3enek sis.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:
I would also like to offer some help so here's my contribution, Insha'Allah it will be helpful smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swbsu8zXjlg

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
I see that you're in good hands lol smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

WgxUpZ6.png