- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Algeria plays its last qualifier against the Central African Republic. Even though we're not mathematically eliminated yet, we pretty much are .. so this game doesn't really count for much. For this game, the coach dropped Ziani (he said he was injured when he announced the team) and Boudebouz (indiscipline for missing out last two games). Also, Lacen and Meftah, both injured, were replaced by Saad Tedjar (JS Kabylie) and Abderrahmane Hachoud (ES Setif). The biggest surprise was today .. with Djebbour getting injured, the coach decided to call up a pretty much unknown 19-year old player, Baghdad Bounedjah (USM El Harrach). Last season he was playing in the 5th division with RCG Oran and so far he's scored 1 goal in 4 games this season for USMH. Anyways, game will be worth watching just to see how they play under a new coach and hopefully we get to see the new players like Tedjar and Hachoud get a chance to show their abilities.
  • Wahrania likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Well we saw how they played against Tanzania... Although this game will be a home game for us, so they should at least get a win and try to just get more goals if possible. I know it won't be easy, but we should at least show a fighting spirit and get revenge for our humiliating loss in Central Africa.
  • Wahrania likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
A win would be good and really it should be a must considering we're playing at home against one of the crappiest teams .. but .. the most important thing for me is preparing for the 2013 African Cup and 2014 World Cup

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced

Even though we're not mathematically eliminated yet, we pretty much are ..

Does that mean if we were to win "avec un score lourd".....really 'lourd' we coud still maybe qualify? :unsure:
Under what unexpecteded circumstances would we qualify?

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Does that mean if we were to win "avec un score lourd".....really 'lourd' we coud still maybe qualify? Under what unexpecteded circumstances would we qualify? 0

well..Having a big score would help, but it also depends on what happens in the other game.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Not just really lourd .. but we also need Tanzania to win by a really "lourd" score against Morocco too

Here's how we can qualify (taken from Wikipedia) :

• Algeria will qualify for the finals if ALL of the following:
  • they defeat Central African Republic
  • Tanzania defeat Morocco by combined margin at least 10 goals (9 if Algeria score at least 3 more than Morocco)
  • Algeria's margin is at least 5 goals more than Tanzania's margin (4 if they score at least 3 more than Tanzania)

• Depending on results in other groups, Algeria can also qualify if they defeat Central African Republic by at least 3 goals AND Tanzania do not defeat Morocco

An easier way to explain it .. we're not gonna qualify Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

An easier way to explain it .. we're not gonna qualify

lol.. reason why i didn't even try explaining it

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
I guess we do have a small sliver of hope looking at the last line :

"Depending on results in other groups, Algeria can also qualify if they defeat Central African Republic by at least 3 goals AND Tanzania do not defeat Morocco"

However, I think that would only work if we finish as the one of the two best second placed finishers, and looking at the other groups I think that's almost impossible as well (that is, mathematically possible but almost impossible probability of it happening)

Anyways, good news is that the next African Cup is just a year away, as opposed to two years like in the past, hopefully we can at least qualify to that.

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Thanks for the info smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Any word if they're gonna be playing the match on Canal Algerie?

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Thanks for the info smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Any word if they're gonna be playing the match on Canal Algerie?

Yeah it's going to be live on Canal Algerie .. 3.30PM eastern if I'm not mistaken

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Some crazy games in the qualifiers today :

- Nigeria drew 2-2 at home against Guinea and got eliminated .. they were up 2-1 until injury time when Guinea scored the equalizer
- Tunisia qualified at the last minute after Malawi gave up a penalty against Chad in their game to give Tunisia the advantage in the group (they beat Togo 2-0)
- Niger qualified to the African Cup for the first time in their history despite losing 3-0 in Egypt. South Africa thought they qualified out of the group and were even celebrating at the full-time whistle before they were told they were out. Posted Image

This African Cup will be a weird one without the likes of Egypt, Cameroon, Nigeria and Algeria Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Some crazy games in the qualifiers today :

- Nigeria drew 2-2 at home against Guinea and got eliminated .. they were up 2-1 until injury time when Guinea scored the equalizer
- Tunisia qualified at the last minute after Malawi gave up a penalty against Chad in their game to give Tunisia the advantage in the group (they beat Togo 2-0)
- Niger qualified to the African Cup for the first time in their history despite losing 3-0 in Egypt. South Africa thought they qualified out of the group and were even celebrating at the full-time whistle before they were told they were out. Posted Image

This African Cup will be a weird one without the likes of Egypt, Cameroon, Nigeria and Algeria Posted Image

I know! hahaha when i read about all the last minute drama I couldn't stop laughing :D

I'm sure all those teams rather prepare and qualify for 2013 than play in 2012

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Personally, I think every African Cup is equal .. even if there's going to be another in one in a year. I mean it's still THE continental showcase, so failing to even qualify to that is a huge disappointment for everyone.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
They just announced on the news that the game won't be shown on Canal Algerie or A3 ... so basically if you don't live in Algeria you can't watch it Posted Image

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
17' Algeria 1-0 Central African Republic -> Goal from Hassan Yebda after just 2 minutes .. header off a corner from Kadir

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

They just announced on the news that the game won't be shown on Canal Algerie or A3 ... so basically if you don't live in Algeria you can't watch it Posted Image

I was really disappointed, to say the least, when I didn't find the game playing on Canal Algerie. But what's new, at this point it doesn't chock me anymore.
I foud it online, it's not the best quality but it's better than nothing : http://www.livetvonl...file.php?f=3565

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

I was really disappointed, to say the least, when I didn't find the game playing on Canal Algerie. But what's new, at this point it doesn't chock me anymore.
I foud it online, it's not the best quality but it's better than nothing : http://www.livetvonl...file.php?f=3565

The problem is they said its going to be on CA .. they even put it on their website (its probably still) and then an hour before the game they announce they won't put it on .. idiots

Anyways, if you have Veetle installed on your computer, you can watch it in pretty good quality here: http://veetle.com/in...w#4e85a7dbade11

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
FT Algeria 2-0 Central African Republic

Goals : Yebda (1'), Kadir (30')

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

The team played exceptionally well (compared to the last 3 games) in the first half. They had chances, they were first to the ball and they defended very well.

BUT

as always, our national team's performance in the 2nd half is always worse no matter what. The reason i think is because of the lack of stamina and physical conditioning.

Anyways, it was a really good showing nonetheless, we actually scored 2 great goals from open play and some of our players shined (i.e. Metrif)

We have 2 upcoming friendlies in November against Tunisia and Cameroon, 2 very strong teams that will test us and provide us with a good indication as to what we need fixed.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Beebo : Only one from open play .. the first goal was off a corner ;)

But I agree, very good display from the team today