- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Following what is largely being received as a lackluster iPhone 4S announcement, Research In Motion has a better chance to make a splash with QNX-based BlackBerry Smartphones. I seriously hope RIM capitalizes on this and DOES NOT MUCK IT UP.RIM needs to deliver a QNX-powered BlackBerry on time.

RIM Co-Founder and CEO Mike Lazaridis said calendar Q1 2012. That needs to happen. The sooner they can hit the market with it, the more of an impact they'll be able to make on consumer mindshare. Beyond timing, obviously the device itself needs to deliver.

We've now confirmed with multiple sources that RIM is set to unveil a new name for their QNX-based BlackBerry platform at BlackBerry DevCon this month. And the name is...BlackBerry X or BBX for short.

I want to see the PlayBook's swipe to turn on and bezel gestures come to the phone - I think that'll add an awesome factor that makes the iPhone's home button look extremely dated. AND we need apps. RIM has a new dev relations team at work - these guys need to hustle. RIM needs to make sure that the top apps are all there at launch. If that means RIM has to pay a bunch of money to a bunch of companies to make that happen, so be it. If it means RIM has to get their own developers to build apps on behalf of these companies, that's fine too. Heck, do whatever it takes.Before this gets long and ranty, I'll end it.

Bottom line is that on a day like today when the excitement should be for Apple's new products (and even in the past I've gotten caught up in some of that hype), today it's BlackBerry's next generation of products that I'm excited for.

Source: Crackberry.com

All I can say is..... this is RIM's chance and LAST chance to pull itself together.. 2012 Q1 will be one dirt of a quarter for RIM, they either make it back to the top or set a tag price on their forehead.

I really hope they manage to make this work in their favor, because I really have high hopes for the BBX

WgxUpZ6.png

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

No comments eh?

HATERS!!!! Posted Image

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different™ 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired
There is no need for comment, especially with what happened today lol.
I've not seen this many people cursing the BlackBerry in one day, than I have seen today.
RIM are literally in a make or break situation and with the coming of iMessage in a couple of days along with iOS 5, I see a break coming on since BBM is one of it's core attractions. From my experience with the iOS Beta, iMessage is pretty awesome but will it be enough to break RIM? Let's find out...

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

RIM are literally in a make or break situation and with the coming of iMessage in a couple of days along with iOS 5, I see a break coming on since BBM is one of it's core attractions. From my experience with the iOS Beta, iMessage is pretty awesome but will it be enough to break RIM? Let's find out...

I totally agree, which is why October the 18th will be their lifeline, either they stun everyone with the new hardware, because we all know how QNX is like and no one can argue the capabilities of it.. it's the only true multi-tasking OS out there, other than webOS which we can consider to be canned since both the Palm and HP tablet are discontinued)

So RIM's hardware for its new super phone has to be up-to-par with the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy or RIM is toast.

We'll see what happens on October 18th

I've not seen this many people cursing the BlackBerry in one day, than I have seen today

Yea that's only in the UK... RIM have some crappy luck, never heard of any of their servers go down or crash and now that they're going through crisis, this happens lol... feel sorry for them