• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies aged 56
Former chief executive and co-founder of US technology giant Apple Steve Jobs has died, the company says. He was 56.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve," Apple said.

Jobs announced he was suffering from pancreatic cancer in 2004.

Fellow internet pioneer Bill Gates said Jobs' "profound impact" would " be felt for many generations to come".

Gates added: "For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honour. I will miss Steve immensely."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-15193922

This is such sad news and even quite shocking despite knowing of his illness. Its like you don't know them, but you know them.

News like this always reminds me that at some point, whoever you are, you will taste death.

ps: Interestingly, Steve Jobs biological father was Syrian ... http://www.thestar.c...nts-to-meet-him
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
I wonder if Jobs ever called his biological father and if not what Jandali thinks about the "Syrian pride" now that his son is dead...

Life is honestly too short for this "fiert mal place" (can't think of the English equivalent of this expression smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />)

Allah yrahmah

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

I just woke up to these news n tweets of Steve Jobs death, what a horrible thing to wake up to.
Yeah well, the man did great things but his time has come what can we do.. Life goes on.
One thing for sure, this man won't be forgotten.

Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
He made the world's 2nd most richest company. He had more money than what the US gov had in it's reserves. He died and took nothing with him. What did he do for the hereafter?
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

I heard he tried converting to many religions, I don't know if islam was one of them though.
He wasn't much of a greedy man n that was obvious, he always showed up looking humble with his turtleneck black shirt n jeans, yeah well.. Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Allah yrahmah

Not sure if we're allowed to say that

WgxUpZ6.png

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Not sure if we're allowed to say that

You're not the first person to tell me that. Not only about Jobs but about any other non-believer.
I honestly believe everybody (believer or not) is entitle to some mercy from the most merciful Soubhanou.
Now is there an actual passage in the Qu'ran or hadith that forbids us from saying Allah yrahmou to non-believers or is it just a concept that we've built in our culture/society?

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

. : ﴿ ﴾ 156 ѡ . . :
( ) . : ﴿ ﴾ / 48

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

You're not the first person to tell me that. Not only about Jobs but about any other non-believer.
I honestly believe everybody (believer or not) is entitle to some mercy from the most merciful Soubhanou.
Now is there an actual passage in the Qu'ran or hadith that forbids us from saying Allah yrahmou to non-believers or is it just a concept that we've built in our culture/society?

Oh it's a religious issue
Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Offering the funeral prayer for a kaafir and praying for forgiveness for him is haraam according to the text of the Quraan and scholarly consensus.

Al-Majmoo, 5/119.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Praying for forgiveness for a kaafir is not permissible according to the Quraan, the Sunnah and scholarly consensus.

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Oh it's a religious issue
Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Offering the funeral prayer for a kaafir and praying for forgiveness for him is haraam according to the text of the Qur'aan and scholarly consensus.

Al-Majmoo', 5/119.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Praying for forgiveness for a kaafir is not permissible according to the Qur'aan, the Sunnah and scholarly consensus.

But what is the reason behind it?

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired

From what I know, the verse was revealed due to this event:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

When 'Abdullah bin Ubai (the chief of hypocrites) died, his son came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Please give me your shirt to shroud him in it, offer his funeral prayer and ask for Allah's forgiveness for him." So Allah's Apostle (SAW) gave his shirt to him and said, "Inform me (When the funeral is ready) so that I may offer the funeral prayer." So, he informed him and when the Prophet intended to offer the funeral prayer, 'Umar took hold of his hand and said, "Has Allah not forbidden you to offer the funeral prayer for the hypocrites? The Prophet said, "I have been given the choice for Allah says: '(It does not avail) Whether you (O Muhammad) ask forgiveness for them (hypocrites), or do not ask for forgiveness for them. Even though you ask for their forgiveness seventy times, Allah will not forgive them. (Surah At-Tawbah 9:80)" So the Prophet offered the funeral prayer and on that the revelation came: "And never (O Muhammad) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (i.e. hypocrites) that dies." (Surah At-Tawbah 9:84)

[Sahih Bukhari, Book #23 - Funeral (Al-Janaaiz), Hadtih #359]

The verses mentioned in full are as follows:

Whether you (O Muhammad SAW) ask forgiveness for them (hypocrites) or ask not forgiveness for them (and even) if you ask seventy times for their forgiveness Allh will not forgive them, because they have disbelieved in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW). And Allh guides not those people who are Fsiqn (rebellious, disobedient to Allh)

Surah At-Tawbah (9:80)

And never (O Muhammad SAW) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (hypocrites) who dies, nor stand at his grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allh and His Messenger, and died while they were Fsiqn (rebellious, - disobedient to Allh and His Messenger SAW)

Surah At-Tawbah (9:84)

I hope that, that helps Insha'Allah

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
One Indian journalist got it right :

http://i.imgur.com/hIcgm.jpg

Posted ImagePosted Image
  • Beebo and eve like this

Beebo