http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA

• Ansar, Omeymaa and wise-man001 like this

WgxUpZ6.png

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
We already have transportation based on a similar idea in Japan the 'Maglev' train. Cooling the magnets to make them superconducting will allow the trains to go faster, amongst other factors. The way the magnet 'locks' however, is I think the interesting thing here.
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

The way the magnet 'locks' however, is I think the interesting thing here.

Exactly! opens doors to many other things outside transportation.

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
First it was 'The near future' and now 'Future of transportation', Beebo, I'm waiting for a topic with the title that's something like this.. 'Future of dishwashing'.

But yes, it is very interesting, too bad I'm not a big fan of Physics :P

Done is better than perfect.

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced

Beebo, I'm waiting for a topic with the title that's something like this.. 'Future of dishwashing'.

Lool, I second that :P

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

It sure looks cool.. Posted Image "absolutely clueless"
Ouh I feel so dumb lol, the whole time I was watching the video I was thinking of how that thing would make a good ghost in a horror movie with the smoke behind it Posted Image
But yeah as Mohammad said, doesn't that already exist in Japan with the train thing? I mean is there a difference between the two ideas?

n Tel Aviv University.. interesting.
Posted Image

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

So wikipedia helped me a little, from what I understood, when that thing is cooled it cancels the magnetic field inside it so the magnetic field outside goes around it as if it doesn't exist n leaves it hanging ? Posted Image how in the world is it hanging??!

Posted Image

I still don't get it though, there are other materials that don't have interior magnetic fields, they could have used anything.. Posted Image

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

This explained it a little

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VyOtIsnG71U

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
I see I forced you to learn something new ;)... glad you got it :D

I wonder if this is what Aliens use for their UFO's Posted Image

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

glad you got it :D

I didn't.. yet Posted Image
N yeah haha like the comment on youtube

This shape is like a flying saucer, which makes me wander could aliens be using technology similar to this. Do they have this disc in their craft that is someway using the earth's magnetic field to hover and move like this thing? And they cool it aboard ship. Only they devised the way to propel their ship from within.

Because aliens exist! Posted Image

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
salam,

Physics :rolleyes:...Pretty and cool right smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You might also watch this video, it explains the superconducting levitation a bit more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4XEQVnIFmQ

But yeah as Mohammad said, doesn't that already exist in Japan with the train thing? I mean is there a difference between the two ideas?

Well, without going through details, I think that most of the maglev trains rely on the use of Electromagnets (along with a a servomechanism to bring stability...For more details u can see : Electromagnetic suspension ) So it's not really the same phenomenon as the one described here involving the use of a superconductor.

(For the sake of precision, some trains called JR-Maglev do use a system called Electro-dynamic suspension that uses superconductor coils, but the system is not based on the Meissner effect. )
  • eve likes this
Be the change you want to see in the world.