- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
You all heard it and saw the videos and pictures.. no need for me to post them here. My question is, Why are algerians all over facebook sympathizing with him and posting his picture and calling him a hero and a shaheed.

I don't understand.. what's the point of doing that? we all know what he did and the number of people he murdered over his 41 years reign.

If anyone knows the reasoning behind this phenomenon, please enlighten me because I feel left out and kind of ignorant.

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

please enlighten me because I feel left out and kind of ignorant.

Don't worry, you're not the ignorant one ;)

It's like all the Algerians (and Muslims) that love Hitler because he killed millions of Jews, as if somehow they can sympathize with his actions .. despite the fact that he also killed Muslims and any other minorities that were not "German"

Ignorance, stupidity, etc. plenty of words to describe those people

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
I was shocked at some comments I read online too!

On the French version of Yahoo Answers I've read quite a few comments. The way of thinking of certain of our compatriots, is questionable...

If anyone knows the reasoning behind this phenomenon, please enlighten me because I feel left out and kind of ignorant.

I've read justifications like these:

• "oh que non mon ami, on aime pas les dictatures, mais on aime pas aussi "el 7ogra", et si tu nous vois un peu affecté par la mort de Kadhafi, c'est la façon de son exécution après un lynchage pur et simple »
  • « Depuis 62, on n'est gouverné que par des dictateurs, pas étonnant qu'un grand nombre d'algériens succombent au syndrome de Stockholm. »
  • « il a tenu sa promesse. il a combattu jusqu'au dernier souffle. Allah yarhmo. »

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Wellah pathetic people .. can't stand reading comments like that .. and some people wonder why our country never moves forward

He was nothing more than a tyrant that terrorized his own people for 40 years, how anyone can feel sorry for him is just beyond me Posted Image
  • Beebo likes this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

I think their sympathy with Qathafi is because of the way he died, I mean the way he was treated in the videos wasn't very human, with him begging the Libyans n being dragged around n then killed, they didn't even respect him after he died, they put him in the middle of some room with random people coming n taking pictures of him as if he's an alien or something, the least they could do is respect the dead!

Yes he did many horrible crimes but if he was left alive he would have gone through trial n got what he deserved, n he might have given away some very wealthy information, yet they shot him in the head.. Posted Image that is what I call ignorance, the Libyans represented Muslims in a very bad manner.
  • Sarita likes this
Posted Image

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Are you serious? You realize you're talking about the same Gaddafi that murdered thousands and thousands of innocent Libyans that opposed his tyranny ? The same Gaddafi that hung dead protestors in the city centre of Tripoli for a week and forced traffic to drive right by them to put fear in the hearts of his citizen? I'm sorry but he deserve what he got .. the fact they even let him live a bit after capturing is already too much for him, I'm surprised he wasn't shot right on site. Sorry but he does not deserve any sympathy and certainly did not deserve any respect.
  • Beebo likes this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Well I have to disagree, just because he lost his humanity along the way doesn't mean we should too, we have our Islamic standards that oblige us to respect the dead, n even treat prisoners with mercy.

Those Libyans didn't have the right to kill him after they captured him alive, he could have been of some use with his information, n for how long are they willing to leave him on that room's floor, every person deserves a proper funeral n burial.

Allah yehdina w yahdihom.
  • Sarita likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
I guess you do make some good points and in theory you're probably right .. but I don't know, I find it hard to actually apply that sort of logic given the history and the emotions some of the Libyans must be feeling

but like you said, rebbi yehdina
  • •eve• likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Those Libyans didn't have the right to kill him after they captured him alive, he could have been of some use with his information, n for how long are they willing to leave him on that room's floor, every person deserves a proper funeral n burial.

Well they captured him and they were taking him to their base and on the way someone just couldn't hold himself and shot him in the head.

I grew up with Libyans all my life. Every single Libyan friend I have has had one of his close family members (father, uncle, grandpa, or cousin) murdered by either hanging in public, shot at point range, tortured or imprisoned for life. So every Libyan has a member or members of his family killed by him, I wouldn't be surprised if EVERYONE tried to kill him with their own hands.

Again, you make a good point unfortunately which i can't argue LOL... and that makes me mad because the guy doesn't deserve any speck of merci or sympathy at all.

Sarita

Sarita
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Current mood:

salam

I think their sympathy with Qathafi is because of the way he died, I mean the way he was treated in the videos wasn't very human, with him begging the Libyans n being dragged around n then killed, they didn't even respect him after he died, they put him in the middle of some room with random people coming n taking pictures of him as if he's an alien or something, the least they could do is respect the dead!

Yes he did many horrible crimes but if he was left alive he would have gone through trial n got what he deserved, n he might have given away some very wealthy information, yet they shot him in the head.. Posted Image that is what I call ignorance, the Libyans represented Muslims in a very bad manner.

I agree with you.
I am new to this forum, few hours only, but can't help comment on this topic.
I have been involved in Human Rights and Humanitarian work since I was 16, I participated in the "Printemps Berbere" in Algiers in 1980. I've lived 1/2 of my life in Algeria and 1/2 here in western Canada where I belong to many organizations who do an amazing work.
I have never stopped fighting for freedom of speech and participating in fights against injustice, but what I saw on the news was disgusting.
I have never liked Qaddafi nor what he stood for, but I was shocked by the images I saw. It was barbaric. They had no respect for a dead, t see people line up with camcorders and cell phones to see his dead body and take pictures is shocking, what kind of Muslims are they? This is so much against Islam, and humanity.
If they ended up resorting to the same methods as his then they've become like him. Like Gandhi said "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
How can they instil Democracy if they weren't even capable of restraining themselves and letting the justice system deal with it.

What a shame.
  • •eve• likes this

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
It’s always easier said than done. Anger, hate, fear, disgust, despair, betrayal are all feelings that slowly kill the heart – our humane side.

Have you ever been hurt so bad by someone that no matter how much you try to forgive them, you just can’t?

I can only imagine what the Libyans have been through for the last 4 decades. And although it may not have been the most ‘humane’ thing to do, you can’t help but think that he brought it upon himself.

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
salam,

I partially agree with everyone here.

Personally I think that the best option was indeed to kill Kadhafi rather than to bring him in a trial, why ?....let's not forget here that the social system in Libya is built upon a tribal composition and that a more or less large proportion of Libyans do support Kadhafi (basically his own tribe) now this being said, although killing the man was choking and frustrating for Kadhafi's supporters and may contribute more in dividing the Libyan society and creating disorder this act remains instant and it will sure be forgotten much faster than if he was brought into a trial implying a long and complicated procedure.

Now about the manner he was killed, I absolutely don't approve it, in Islam we have this principle " æ ÇÐÇ ÞÊáÊã ÝÃÍÓäæÇ ÇáÞÊáÉ" we have no right to mutulate the dead bodies...and those videos on the net are just giving a bad image about muslims...but fo course, I'm saying this "avec du recul" with a cool and distant head....as Wahrania said, without taking into account the disgust and hate of those Libyans whom a closed one have been murdered by their leader...the one who is supposed to protect his owns.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Tageldunt Zelda

Tageldunt Zelda
  • Girls
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Alienated

i think we might be missing the bigger point ...

What will happen next ?
Will NATO take over like it did in Iraq ? I am afraid it will :(

And then there are those naive muslims in Libiya who want Sharia Law.. what are they thinking ? Why would they want Libiya as another Afghanistan , Iran or Saudia Arabia or Nigeria ? Stoning women to death ? cutting of hands ? if anything it better be ONLY Sharia Family Law like in Morocco ... or as I heard in another news report they want Islamic banking system which is good ! BUT that can quickly turn into something else... a radical "Islamic" corrupt government.. and this is something i do not want for my brothers and sister om Libyia
-*-*-*Viva*-*-*-*Argelia*-*-*-<3 Mi bléd adoptivo... ! ^_^ assa azeka..dima!

*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.

\¸. ALGERIA .¸¸.

.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤

..\

☻/

/
; ;
b b

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

i think we might be missing the bigger point ... What will happen next ? Will NATO take over like it did in Iraq ? I am afraid it will

I think you might like watching this then Islamic Eschatology and current events

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
Asalam Alaykum Akhee

you may want to read this it might help you understand

http://forum.e-dz.co...ice-caaai-nucu/

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
A picture from a football game in Algeria (Constantine) :
Posted Image

I swear these people are retarded Posted Image
  • •eve• likes this

Zakaria

Zakaria
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:At University! Studyin' for the best and the worst, brother!

Current mood: Dreaming

A picture from a football game in Algeria (Constantine) :
Posted Image

I swear these people are retarded Posted Image

Maybe they ain't and YOU are. Ever thought of that?

Or maybe the supremacy of your intelligence puts you above everybody and everything? I don't know..i'm wondering..

Posted Image

TO COOK ME

QALB EL LOOZ!

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Or maybe the supremacy of your intelligence puts you above everybody and everything? I don't know..i'm wondering..

Well we opened this whole topic about the fact WHY this is happening because we're all confused.. you seem to take offence to what Bylk said, so maybe you should explain to us what we're missing instead of the unnecessary bashing smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Zakaria

Zakaria
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:At University! Studyin' for the best and the worst, brother!

Current mood: Dreaming

Well we opened this whole topic about the fact WHY this is happening because we're all confused.. you seem to take offence to what Bylk said, so maybe you should explain to us what we're missing instead of the unnecessary bashing smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yes Beebo, I'll answer you later. I don't have time right now. Thanks.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

I did think about it .. they're still the retarded ones

Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out either