- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Algeria coach Vahid Halilhodžić called up 31 players for next month's friendlies against Tunisia and Cameroon (November 12th and 15th). Vahid said that there would be some surprises in the team, but apart from the call-up to little known striker Saïd Bouchouk (CA Batna), there were no real surprises. Ziani and Boudebouz are back, and Valencia's Feghouli got his first call-up (the Algerian FA announced that FIFA had accepted his request to change from France to Algeria).

Personally, I was disappointed to see that he didn't call up Hadj Bouguèche, who has 8 goals in 6 games in the Saudi league. With two friendlies, the least he could have done was called him up and gave him 15-20 minutes to see what he can do.

The full list of players called-up

Goalkeepers: Azzedine Doukha (USM El Harrach), Michaël Fabre (RC Lens, France), Raïs M'Bolhi (CSKA Sofia, Bulgaria), Mohamed Lamine Zemmamouche (USM Alger)

Defenders: Nadir Belhadj (Al-Sadd, Qatar), Madjid Bougherra (Lekhwiya, Qatar), Ismaël Bouzid (PAS Giannina, Greece), Abderahmane Hachoud (ES Sétif), Carl Medjani (AC Ajaccio, France), Mohamed Rabie Meftah (USM Alger), Djamel Mesbah (US Lecce, Italy), Mehdi Mostefa (AC Ajaccio, France), Antar Yahia (Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia)

Midfielders: Hamer Bouazza (Millwall FC, England), Ryad Boudebouz (FC Sochaux, France), Abdelmoumene Djabou (ES Sétif), Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia CF, Spain), Adlène Guedioura (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England), Foued Kadir (Valenciennes FC, France), Khaled Lemmouchia (USM Alger), Mehdi Lacen (Getafe CF, Spain), Hocine Metref (JS Kabylie), Saad Tedjar (JS Kabylie), Hassan Yebda (Granada CF, Spain), Karim Ziani (Al Jaish, Qatar)

Forwards: Saïd Bouchouk (CA Batna), Rafik Djebbour (Olympiacos FC, Greece), Abdelkader Ghezzal (AC Cesena, Italy), Kamel Ghilas (Stade Reims, France), Karim Matmour (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), El Arbi Hillel Soudani (Vitória Guimarães, Portugal)
  • Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Personally, I was disappointed to see that he didn't call up Hadj Bougučche, who has 8 goals in 6 games in the Saudi league. With two friendlies, the least he could have done was called him up and gave him 15-20 minutes to see what he can do.

Definitely agree with you there. I think with our lack of offensive success in the national team, it doesn't hurt to call up players who are performing well with their teams.

Between you and me, he doesn't like the gulf leagues.

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Between you and me, he doesn't like the gulf leagues.

I'm not so sure about that .. he's kept Ziani, Belhadj and Bougherra in the team, and called up Meghni and Ziaya previously, all who play in the Gulf. Also, in the press conference before the last game against the Central African Republic, he said that he thinks that the Qatari league is better than the Algerian league (which is nonsense in my opinion). I think the problem for Bougueche is that he's not really given enough press. If he keeps up his form though I think he'll get his chance.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Algeria-Tunisia tomorrow (Saturday), game is live on all the Algeria channels .. that's what ENTV said anyway .. let's hope they follow through on their promise, unlike last time

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWT5HuSSffo

The team played pretty well and I liked how the coach kept on changing the players to have a better idea of how his players perform (something we rarely did before).