• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Posted Image

What do you think ? Personally, I find it super ugly .. the design on the shirt is supposed to be a reflection of Algerian architecture, but for me it just looks boring (like most Puma jerseys). I guess we'll have to wait and see it worn by someone to decide, simple pictures like this can be deceiving.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
seriously?? wow.. very disappointing indeed

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Puma used local artists from each country to design the jerseys. Artist Zineb Sedira (www.zinebsedira.com) was used for Algeria. Here's what she said about her design:

“For this project I decided to use Islamic geometrical patterns often found in religious buildings and in houses in Algeria. The green is the colour of Algeria and Islam so it made sense to use it for the patterns. The patterns often used on ceramic tiles (on floors or walls) are converted onto fabric by using digital technology. The dynamism and movement of the players together with the static traditional motifs brings life to the design.”

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
3 more pics of the new jersey:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks a bit better now, still waiting to see how it looks on the actual players .. might be good after all

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced

Looks a bit better now, still waiting to see how it looks on the actual players .. might be good after all

The close up does the jersey justice without a doubt!
It's an improvement compared to the old coq sportif jerseys so I can't complain.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Honestly, the Coq Sportif ones were not so bad .. just the design and material looked a bit outdated, but they weren't really bad. For example, the last ones were not so bad .. the main problem was they didn't fit the players too well (waaay too big) :

Posted Image

As for Puma, they just don't seem inspired at all when it comes to their African teams .. they have one basic design that they apply to all the teams, just changing a few colors and maybe adding a lion or a tree on them.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Here's the jersey's of the other African teams (I didn't add the image tag since the picture is too big):

http://dl.dropbox.co...012-AFRICAN.jpg

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Yea looks a bit better i Guess.. I wonder if they changed the green one to the same design or not?

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Yea looks a bit better i Guess.. I wonder if they changed the green one to the same design or not?

From what I heard, the green one will just be a basic green, no designs on it .. just like our white Puma home jersey we had before but without the Fennec on the shoulder

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
This might be our new away one (not confirmed yet):

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't even think of a word to describe how ugly this jersey is .. Posted Image

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Turns out last one I posted wasn't really the away jersey, here's the official home and away jersey (presented at a press conference today):

Posted Image

Now both look ugly .. home and away Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

maaaaan... the first green one you posted is ugly but is waaaaaaaaaay better than the actual one... seriously??? A FADE??

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

is it just me or does he look uncomfortable in it? lol

bruende

bruende
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Current mood:

pumahallichealgerien.jpg

I prefer to find http://www.wysjg.com/ the latest football shirt. His Algeria jersey looks very fresh. Very bright.