- - - - - national team olympics football

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

The team has successfully earned their first 3 points against Senegal. Something to note, the team played using only the local players, which shows the faith the coach has in them and that they're not reliant on their professional counter-parts.

This is just the beginning and the road is long, inshallah they do well and be able to represent us in London 2012 summer olympics smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Wahrania likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
I enjoyed watching this game, they played well.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully they'll make us proud smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Mimi Sweety

Mimi Sweety
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Current mood:
Congratulations!!! they really deserve to win!!

I think it is a good idea to rely on the local players, they will have more time to train and they will get used to each other.

Good luck for them smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
**Do your best & Accept the rest---Life is about taking chances **

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
I guess the topic I opened the other day about this team disappeared with the recent forum problems ? :(

Anyways, great win against Senegal to start the tournament. We really should have scored at least 3-4 games in that game if it weren't for bad finishing from the striker Chalali.

The next game is against Morocco tomorrow (I guess that's today for most of you). Morocco beat Nigeria in the opener and are playing at home so it will be tough, even a draw would be good for us. Also, we'll be without Benaldjia, who scored the goal against Senegal, as well as Touahri (injured against Senegal) and maybe two other starters (Belaili and Bitam). We have other options on the bench so we should be OK for that.

Just a small thing to point out in reply to Beebo, the team is majority local but there's still 4 European-based players in the team: Chalali (Aberdeen FC, Scotland), Sayoud (Ismaily SC, Egypt), Hamroun (some Bulgarian club) and Mehdi Abeid (Newcastle United, England).
  • Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Algeria lost 1-0 to Morocco today. Our last group game is against Nigeria on Friday, a win means we will probably qualify to the semi-finals, although a draw could still see us through depending on the result of the other match between Morocco and Senegal.

Highlights of today's game :

• Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Algeria vs Nigeria today at 8PM Algeria time .. 2PM Eastern .. the rest of you can figure out what time it is in your area :yes:

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Line-up for today's game :

Mazouzi - Ziti, Chafai, Benlamri, Bitam - Abeid, Belkhiter, Sayoud - Aouedj, Benaldjia, Bounedjah

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

we played so well... yet... what I didn't understand is when he subbed off Sa3yood, even though he was one the best players in the game..... I don't know what to say....

Here are the highlights

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Disappointing loss for the U23's against a very solid Nigerian team. For those of you not aware, they lost 4-1 and failed to qualify for the Olympics, despite going up 1-0.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I've been reading some of the newspaper articles and Algerian sports websites after the loss and they're really harsh in their analysis concerning Algerian football in general. It's unfortunate that we couldn't make it no doubt, but the team did show a lot of positives in their campaign in the form of team bonding and collective team play.

I could be a lil too optimistic but I don't see any good coming out of negative criticism. Let's hope this is a start a much brighter future for our younger teams.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Algerians are champions of negativity, they can never see the positive aspect of any situation. They see an elimination and us missing out on the Olympics, I see a group of players that qualified for a youth continental competition for the first time since 1979 (over 30 years)! In 2008, the same Olympic team lost home and away to Ethiopia in the first round of qualifiers. Today, we have 18 and 19 year olds that are regulars for their clubs in D1, while 4-5 years ago, most of those players didn't play in the first team until they were 22-23. I mean there's so much positive things to take away from this but everyone chooses to focus on the negativity. It reminds me of the Algerian team that finished 4th at the CHAN (African Cup for local players), everyone started calling them losers and stuff .. when really finishing 4th in Africa and losing on penalties to the eventual winners is hardly a bad thing.
  • Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

It reminds me of the Algerian team that finished 4th at the CHAN (African Cup for local players), everyone started calling them losers and stuff .. when really finishing 4th in Africa and losing on penalties to the eventual winners is hardly a bad thing.

very true. That team, plus the olympic team's campaign, as well as our national team making it to the World Cup Finals are all positives that we couldn't even imagine accomplishing 5 - 8 years ago... I personally think we're moving in the right direction, but we'll need to change our attitude because it's definitely what's going to destroy us.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
For example, the vote on DZFoot after the elimination:

Posted Image

All 3 options are negative .. they don't even give you a positive option
  • Beebo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: national team, olympics, football