- - - - - google car smart technology cool

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

This is insanely amazing... at one point they'll combine it with their google-maps and you can forget about getting lost

• - Mohammed likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
This is crazy!
Google is just plain out awesome...

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
There is NO way I could keep my hands of the steering wheel. It's too unnatural. Just watching the video makes me want to hold the steering wheel! At evey corner I would be thinking ...is this car going to turn or not...I think it will be some time before we see something like this on the roads, not because we havent got the tech ready, but mainly due to public acceptance. Although I think there are some cars which are equipped with automatic parking which is a first step i guess ('11 ford focus is one of them i think..)
  • Beebo likes this
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

There is NO way I could keep my hands of the steering wheel. It's too unnatural. Just watching the video makes me want to hold the steering wheel! At evey corner I would be thinking ...is this car going to turn or not...I think it will be some time before we see something like this on the roads, not because we havent got the tech ready, but mainly due to public acceptance. Although I think there are some cars which are equipped with automatic parking which is a first step i guess ('11 ford focus is one of them i think..)

That's soo funny and true bro lol... i had the same feeling too everytime the car sped up to a turn or a corner

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine

at one point they'll combine it with their google-maps and you can forget about getting lost

The BMW cars are already connected to google through their system "Connected Drive" which brings far more advanced features than a standard GPS system (the google street view function that allows to have a preview of the destination and how it does look like, a richer and more up-to-date database allowing a better local searchand localisation of utilities like restaurant and hotels...etc)

you can take a look at this

http://www.turbo.fr/...ddrive-remote/
  • Beebo likes this
Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

The BMW cars are already connected to google through their system "Connected Drive" which brings far more advanced features than a standard GPS system (the google street view function that allows to have a preview of the destination and how it does look like, a richer and more up-to-date database allowing a better local searchand localisation of utilities like restaurant and hotels...etc)

Thats cool but I dont think its anything to write home about. The leap from cars driving themselves is far greater than installing google software in a car. It reminds [talking in general] of the adverts from certain manufacturers who concentrated so much on automatic windscreen wipers. They'd put out a whole advertising campaign emphasising such a low priority feature. I mean its not really going to be the make or break when putting down 10K+ on a car. I would say its a similar story for this 'connected drive' business. Still interesting though.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Thanks for the link bro.. didn't know that before but like Mohammed said i'm not sure it would be something that would "push" me to buy the car. it's not actually a feature that would wow me to the point that i'd buy a BMW... a BMW already sells itself as it is smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google, car, smart, technology, cool