The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

I've been hearing a lot about a person/group called

Posted Image

Many people seem to be big fans of this person/group, but who are they exactly and what do they do?

What do you think of them?

I heard they threatened to hit back after the Feds took down megaupload, so am guessing they are hackers?

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
They're just a group of Anonymous internet users that work together (through sites like Reddit, 4Chan, etc.) that attack and bring down websites in protest. They bring them down by basically sending thousands and thousands of requests to the websites to the point where the website can't handle the traffic and goes down.

For a more technical definition, check Wikipedia :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDoS

They've already brought down plenty of websites today after MegaUpload was shut down including the Justice department, RIAA, Universal, etc. all the people that are supporting the SOPA bill. I think what they're doing is great, they're protesting online in the only way they can and showing that internet users will not stand for this kind of bullying.

If you want to follow them on Twitter, I think this is what they're using : https://twitter.com/#!/AnonDaily
  • Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
One thing to add to what Bylk said, they became very popular in what's called "Deep Web" or "Invisible Web". Deep web is an area of the internet where everything is available and open to anybody. It's a completely different "internet" than what we use and interact with on a daily basis. Just getting access to it takes a toll on the average user due to the fact that it's very secure and well hidden.

Just to give you a hint or an idea of how big "deep web" is...

Posted Image

There is everything in the deep web, people hire assassins, sell weapons, hire spies. I have actually seen all of those with my own eyes on one of the forums in deep web.. i was shocked. It's such a big world that they have their own currency, called the Bitcoin and 1 Bitcoin = 10 US dollars.

Anyways, this group "Anonymous" gained so much popularity in that part of the internet that it started recruiting the best of the best (hackers) to fight for the openness and freedom of the internet.
  • Apocalypse and The Repentant like this

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Never heard of this deep web. Why would it be so much bigger if there's way less users? :dontgetit:

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
Wa Alaikum Asalam , great post!

I'd like to add that its not difficult to visit the Deep Web, all you need is Tor

but at the same time it can be a bad experience for the reasons that brother Beebo mentioned and others!

if you do , make sure to stay away from anything labeled as a ‘chan’ or ‘bulletin board’ , thats why governments tried to block Tor.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I'd like to add that its not difficult to visit the Deep Web, all you need is Tor

Yea, but you have to have some sort of a site that would get you access to the deep web, because trust me it took me at least 4 hours to get there using Tor lol
  • The Repentant likes this

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:

Yea, but you have to have some sort of a site that would get you access to the deep web, because trust me it took me at least 4 hours to get there using Tor lol

yes true, the first thing came into my mind is to look for some sort of search engines or wikis lol

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
just download MIRC, it has everything u need for free smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Fares فارس

Fares فارس
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Current mood: Breezy
Haha! Fato, are you still using MIRC?! :thumbup:

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

How do you get there?

Mirc???????? I thought it only serves for chat, tell me more tell me more tell me more

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Mirc???????? I thought it only serves for chat, tell me more tell me more tell me more

Tor not Mirc.. Mirc is only for chatting and file sharing.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor

Tor not Mirc.. Mirc is only for chatting and file sharing.

sure it is :pimp:

So I searched Tor and I got this cool movie about some dude who travels between different worlds and has a big hammer. Then there was another site talking about the Onion project? Jew3atni to be honest.