WgxUpZ6.png

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Well this sure is interesting..

I wonder why most algerian men look for foreign women to marry, well I heard it's mostly to get their nationality, right? <_<
But this doesn't look like the case here, the guy seems to genuinely like her, but 7 or 8 months of chatting/webcam-ing is not like real companionship..

I wonder if this will last for long..? n if his parents will accept her to be their sons' wife..?
Also I'm curios as to whether or not he will convince her to convert to islam..?

Yeah well, Rabi ywafek-hom w yehdehom w yehdina.. -_-

• Omeymaa likes this
Posted Image

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
I find it's quite controversial.
Can't say I know many Algerians, if any, that express their love to their significant other so openly. Gotta say, it was a pretty nice change.
I'm not sure if the Algerian part of me is ready for such a blatantly open love-fest though - I'm torn :/

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Lol. Sur he didn't threaten to ruin her life when she told him her parents are against them talkin/being together..

Mouhim, I have to admit that the whole situation is 'cute' and stuff... ( Made me laugh when he hugged her smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />, or is this where we say 'normaaaaaaale'? Yeah.. thought so). The fact that she came all the way from Romania in order to meet him shows how much she likes him, and how Hicham was so open in the show when the guy asked him who d'u think came to see you..etc etc).Only if we were Americans. :D

Now, putting aside the valid points that Eve mentioned, how far is this accepted in the Algerian society? For someone to marry somebody that they met over the net? Or is it all down to the preferences of one's family?

I'll leave you with that question, I've got plenty of things to write but let me get them structured first :D

Until next time, salaam!

Done is better than perfect.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Now that a few of you have replied...

I would like to say that a channel shouldn't be promoting such garbage. It's already a big fitna as it is for young adults, let alone helping them to connect with non-muslims who have neither religious, cultural, nor ethical boundaries.

Plus think about it, with how things are in Algeria, you think she'd agree to live at home with his parents and family? it won't be easy for him to get a job to begin with, let alone get his own place.

One last thing, like many of you have already mentioned, the whole going public with it thing isn't and shouldn't be something "normaaale" because it will just lead to worse things... not that algerian society isn't heading that way.... I just find it sad and bothersome that it is :(
  • Omeymaa likes this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

One last thing, like many of you have already mentioned, the whole going public with it thing isn't and shouldn't be something "normaaale" because it will just lead to worse things... not that algerian society isn't heading that way.... I just find it sad and bothersome that it is

I find it silly! I told you, it would have been 'cute' if we were Americans, (on that note, I'm gonna make it bold an increase the font size).

Instead of him sticking to the traditional way of going about things, rah l Tataouine looking for somebody to marry.
Why not one of bnat bladou? who are forever complaining of what they claim to be a fact, 'why can't respectful Algerian guys exist?'. This statement, has been around for as long as I can remember, if you ask an Algerian girl would you marry an Algerian, she makes a face as if you force-fed her a lemon while she was asleep. Having done a small research, I think I know why.

I wonder why most algerian men look for foreign women to marry, well I heard it's mostly to get their nationality, right?

You'll find many cases, some marry converts.

Edit: Before some of you attack me, I'm not generalising about the lack of good men.

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
I was going to post earlier on this but since I could only stand about 5 minutes of watching, and with my recent string of depressing posts, I thought i would let this thread slide.

I think my opinion is in there somewhere.
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Why not one of bnat bladou? who are forever complaining of what they claim to be a fact, 'why can't respectful Algerian guys exist?'.

well.. sometimes those guys actually go and try to get algerian girls, but they get denied for various stupid reasons and excuses which makes these guys just disappear (i.e. go and get married to a non-algerian) lol.. know at least 3 friends that had that happent to them

ANYWAYS..

Who laughed watching this? cause i couldn't stop laughing.. mostly because i was in disbelief. I had some part of me saying "he's gonna fold and say i don't know her" thinking he'll be embarrassed cause he's on tv and everyone is watching him... but he disappointed me and ruined my entertainment :(

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

The fact that he's involved with a non-algerian and/or non-muslim doesn't shock me. He wouldn't be the first and he's definitely not the last. What's to say about the algerians back home that are marrying lchnawa li rahoum fi bledna?

but he disappointed me and ruined my entertainment :(

Lol :P
I was in disbelief for the whole video. Inter alia, I was speechless.
It's unorthodox and you wouldn't expect to see such a scene on a maghrebin channel
Although it doesn't supprise me that much because I've seen the unthinkable from this channel.
  • Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

It's unorthodox and you wouldn't expect to see such a scene on a maghrebin channel
Although it doesn't supprise me that much because I've seen the unthinkable from this channel.

Yea I think they're becoming like those lebanese channels back in the day who dared cross the line such as LBC and what not... in fact, they still to this day cross the line.

I found a shocking tv talk show who invited a "couple" who are siblings... what kind of a sick messed up thing is that??? To show and expose incest on satellite tv is just outrageous!!

I seriously hope this channel is gonna be heading that way

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

It really is ridiculous.
Reminds me of this cartoon clip I saw where they actually drew God !!

Allah yahdihoum...
  • Beebo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: algeria, society