- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

γΝγΟ - Mohammed

γΝγΟ - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

Researchers have demonstrated a striking method to reconstruct words, based on the brain waves of patients thinking of those words.

The technique reported in PLoS Biology relies on gathering electrical signals directly from patients' brains.

Based on signals from listening patients, a computer model was used to reconstruct the sounds of words that patients were thinking of.

The method may in future help comatose and locked-in patients communicate.

source

You know this is the kind of stuff you read in books when growing up and now it is becoming a reality. There really is no limit to what we can achieve except ofcourse, avoid death.

On a similar note I'm not sure I would like to hear the thoughts of a locked-in or comatose patient, I think it would be too painful to hear the suffering. Though I would be curious to found out whats going on in the head of someone like ahmedinijad or bashar or even gaddafi, if only he were alive.
  • Beebo and •eve• like this
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
I find this very creepy, because you'll know the military and government will get on top of this and use it to control the public

I would be curious to found out whats going on in the head of someone like ahmedinijad or bashar or even gaddafi, if only he were alive.

lol

WgxUpZ6.png

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Interesting and as Beebo said, creepy. They should use it with old people, you know those who cannot express what they want anymore? So that they would be able to figure what is it they want to say/do..

Done is better than perfect.