- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

محمد - Mohammed

محمد - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
So as usual, English fans have decided that once again it is the coach who is to blame for the poor performance of their football team. Capello has resigned and now they need an 'English coach who knows English football". They have already started hurling the insults "he didnt even learn english' / 'he doesnt know how the english play football" (evidently, quite poor)

I think the simple fact is that the current crop of players they have simply are not upto scratch when it comes to competing on the world stage. I once read an article suggesting that they are made to look better when they play in the premiership because of all the foreign players in the teams!

Either way, they (the press /players /fans) have already elevated Harry Rednap (99.9% likely to be the next manager) to god-like status. Just wait for the next run of poor results and they will kick him out and get another foreigner in!
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Fares فارس

Fares فارس
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Current mood: Breezy
Haha! It was gettin boring though, I mean after seeing Cappello constantly struggling to control the england squad effectively, i'm not surprised that he's gone. I can't wait to see what redknapp has in store!

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

It was gettin boring though, I mean after seeing Cappello constantly struggling to control the england squad effectively, i'm not surprised that he's gone.

Are you serious? 28 wins 8 draws and 6 losses... Does that show a struggle? this was just a matter of the FA trying to rule with an iron fist and cross boundaries. The FA has no right to make calls that only the coach is supposed to make and without his consent.

Redknapp is a great coach, but it's a bit too late to drop him into this position with the Euro's coming up this summer. You have to remember that this is a National Team, so you don't have time to work with the team.

WgxUpZ6.png

Fares فارس

Fares فارس
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Current mood: Breezy
I mean to control the squad effectively, when it 'really' mattered, the world cup 2010 was a pretty bad performance by Capello and the English Squad. That's all I used to base my opinion on him tbh, although its not right for me to do so :P

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
I thought Fabio did a good job with England, World Cup aside. I'm also happy he stepped down and didn't let the FA tell him what to do, he's the coach, the decisions should be left to him.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Rumours has it he was waiting for the bonus to clear through
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

quinreitz

quinreitz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:

NO!! This is sad for me.