- - - - - can 2013 football national team cadamuro

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Liassine Cadamuro Bentaïba has been called to the National Team for the upcoming CAN 2013/WC 2014 qualifiers.

I personally don't see anything great about the guy. He's only got 11 games in his first season for Real Sociedad and now he's supposed to replace Belhadj?

I just hope this is just a call-up and not a guarantee that he's in the starting lineup. Especially that there are rumours about him stating he said he doesn't want to play for Algeria when he first joined Real Sociedad.

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

I personally don't see anything great about the guy. He's only got 11 games in his first season for Real Sociedad and now he's supposed to replace Belhadj?

I agree with you that he is nothing special. I've seen him play and I didn't find him to be that great. However, he is used as a RB (as well as LB) and considering we have no real option at RB at the moment (Hachoud is out injured), I'm not against calling him up. He's only 23 and playing in La Liga, if anything, the experience of being with the team is good enough. Also, he won't replace Belhadj, Mesbah is the starting LB now.

As for the part about not wanting to play for Algeria, that's not true as far as I know. Since the start he always said he wants to represent Algeria, which is kind of refreshing given the comments of some of the players that are on the team, without naming names.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Goal Keepers:
Faouzi Chaouchi (MC Alger)
Azzedine Doukha (USM El Harrach)
Raïs M'Bolhi (CSKA Sofia, Bulgaria)

Defenders:
Madjid Bougherra (Lekhwiya, Qatar)
Ismaël Bouzid (Baniyas, UAE)
Liassine Cadamuro-Bentaïba (Real Sociedad, Spain)
Carl Medjani (AC Ajaccio, France)
Mohamed Rabie Meftah (USM Alger)
Djamel Mesbah (AC Milan, Italy)
Mehdi Mostefa (AC Ajaccio, France)
Antar Yahia (1. FC Kaiserslautern, Germany)

Midfielders:
Ryad Boudebouz (Sochaux, France)
Abdelmoumene Djabou (ES Sétif)
Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia CF, Spain)
Adlène Guedioura (Nottingham Forest, England)
Foued Kadir (Valenciennes, France)
Khaled Lemmouchia (USM Alger)
Medhi Lacen (Getafe, Spain)
Hocine Metref (JS Kabylie)
Hassan Yebda (Granada, Spain)

Forwards:
Mohamed Amine Aoudia (ES Sétif)
Hamer Bouazza (Millwall, England)
Mohamed Chalali (Aberdeen FC, Scotland)
Karim Matmour (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany)

Reserves:
Abdelkader Ghezzal (Levante, Spain)
Kamel Ghilas (Reims, France)
Islam Slimani (CR Belouizdad)
Mohamed Amine Zemmamouche (USM Alger)

(List from DZFOOT.com)

---------------------------

Can't complain on anything except for 2 things:
  • Ziani not being called up even though he's back to his old self and is regarded as one of the best players in Qatar right now
  • Matmour?? Seriously?? believe it or not but I would pick Ghezzal over Matmour right now

Edited by Beebo, 17 February 2012 - 10:58 AM.
added disclaimer

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
1. Agree with Ziani, no idea why he is not on. People are saying Qatari league sucks .. sure it's not as good as Europe but anyone that has watched Ziani will quickly realize that the Qatari league has allowed him to get back to his old self, and not the mediocre Ziani we saw the past 2-3 years.

2. Matmour, when in form, can be our best player. However, he's been very inconsistent of late. I'm not against calling him up, I think there's others that should be dropped (see next points).

3. Bouazza is injured and has not played the last 3-4 games for his club .. not sure why he's on?

4. Chalali has scored 1 goal in senior football .. and he's also a sub on a crappy team (Aberdeen) in a crappy league (Scottish PL). Why on earth is he called up ?

5. I really don't see how the coach can justify the exclusion of Ghezzal and Djebbour given the lack of striking options we have. I know both don't have the greatest goal scoring records but both players offer different styles to the ones currently called up.

All in all, not too happy with the list but in the end, the coach has the final say and if he can get a result, no one can argue with him. If he doesn't though ..
  • Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Also I love the cut and paste of the list from the DZFoot article smile

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Totally agree with all your points.. in the end, as long as he can get us a win, all of that can be justified.

Also I love the cut and paste of the list from the DZFoot article smile

lol just added a disclaimer.. JUST IN CASE kech wa7ed yez3ef wella :P

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Haha not even .. the reason I said it was because I fixed the list on the DZFoot website and I know no other website/newspaper would take the time to write every single name and club properly like I did (namely 1. FC Kaiserslautern and Baniyas)

Here's the original list from the FAF.dz website, look how horrible the names of players and clubs are: http://www.faf.dz/ar...e.php?a_id=2794 :dontgetit:

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

that's terrible man.. just goes to show you how things run in Algeria.. ghir tebba3

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Hassan Yebda got a serious knee injury in practise and will definitely miss the game against Gambia .. salamet nchallah, but good news for the team .. Vahid still has 4 DM's to choose from: Lacen, Guedioura, Mostefa and Lemmouchia
  • Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Rabie Meftah got injured and is out for the game but he won't be replaced. Vahid will probably go with either Mostefa or Cadamuro in the right back position. Bougherra, Yahia and Mesbah are almost certain to start in defense.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

you think he'd start Cadamuro even though he doesn't know him that well? kinda risky in my opinion

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
Any word on what time the game will be played ??

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
17.30 Algeria time .. 11.30 Eastern

It's unlikely that Canal Algerie will show the game but the game is on ENTV (local channel) and Arriadiya (Moroccan sports channel), so you'll be able to find a link online .. if I'm up by that time I'll post one but I'll probably be sleeping :yes:

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

you think he'd start Cadamuro even though he doesn't know him that well? kinda risky in my opinion

Not sure he'll start him anymore, he didn't play in their little scrimmage today (yesterday) .. but I really can't see who'll play there, maybe Mostefa, Yahia or even Bouzid ?

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
And off the top of my head, I'm guessing the following two links will show it :

http://www.justin.tv/all_khadra_tv
http://www.algeriestreaming.com (you need Veetle installed)

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Gambia 1-2 Algeria :thumbup:

Goals from Antar Yahia and Sofiane Feghouli

Highlights :

• Beebo and Wahrania like this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

We played really well. We dominated the majority of the game, although the last 10 mins we could've given them an easy equalizer (AHEM YAHIA)... the pitch was horrible for us to even keep the ball and pass it, but overall you can tell the spirits have changed and they've become more combative which is all we wanted.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
For anyone that wants to download the game :

1st half - http://dl.free.fr/drF1217Be

2nd half - http://dl.free.fr/h0YZGCOyR

To watch the game on YouTube :

1st half - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeA3hxyH6ZU

2nd half - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB5QdLCZWVU

• Wahrania likes this

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced

17.30 Algeria time .. 11.30 Eastern

And off the top of my head, I'm guessing the following two links will show it :

http://www.justin.tv/all_khadra_tv
http://www.algeriestreaming.com (you need Veetle installed)

Chokrane, I really appreciate it smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Bla mziya

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: can 2013, football, national team, cadamuro