It really is astonishing.
Thanks for sharing smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Thanks for sharing.Algeria looks pretty covered in snow, my cousins sent me pictures showing off with their snowman :P

Some more..

Posted Image

Did you guys here that people died? There was shortage of gas (I thought we were exporters of gas??) and food supplies?
  • •eve• likes this

Done is better than perfect.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Omeymaa: Where is that first picture taken? It's beautifal

And yeah, people died during the extreme weather conditions. Isolated villages were cut off because of the snow and cold and some did not have supplies to last more than a week. Not sure what the total death toll was but I heard something like 15-20. Same thing also happened in Europe in places like Ukraine, Serbia, Romania, etc. :(

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
It's very sad to hear about all the people who died or got stranded for days without supplies or gas. Yes Omeyma we're one of the world's biggest exporters of Natural Gas, yet there are Algerians who die of cold due to the lack of access to it.

I would assume Biskara or Gherdaia
  • Omeymaa likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

It's very sad to hear about all the people who died or got stranded for days without supplies or gas. Yes Omeyma we're one of the world's biggest exporters of Natural Gas, yet there are Algerians who die of cold due to the lack of access to it.

I would assume Biskara or Gherdaia

They had a small reportage about it on Echourouk channel if anybody watches it, some even went to other wilayas and had to stay there for more than 3 days!
What frustrates me as well, you know the Dz news, they show how eldarak elwattani is helping those people by giving them food supplies, and helping the homeless? When in fact loads of people are suffering!

Yes it is very nice, It's in Bechar.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor

And yeah, people died during the extreme weather conditions. Isolated villages were cut off because of the snow and cold and some did not have supplies to last more than a week. Not sure what the total death toll was but I heard something like 15-20. Same thing also happened in Europe in places like Ukraine, Serbia, Romania, etc. :(

and France. Heard that 30 elderly people died like 2 years ago.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor

Some pics of snow in the Sahara desert in Algeria:

Posted Image

a link to where this base is located just for the people of the forum to understand:

http://wikimapia.org...=12&l=0&m=b&v=8

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Yes it is very nice, It's in Bechar.

Wow .. I would have never ever expected snow to fall in Bechar ! But then again, the pictures I posted are even further south and even more isolated in the jersey so I guess I shouldn't be shocked