- - - - - france algeria terrorism shooting

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

For European law enforcement officials, Mohammed Merah, the 23-year-old suspect in the killing of seven people in southwestern France, represents the kind of insidious terrorist threat that they fear most: a homegrown militant consumed by visceral grievances who identifies with Al Qaeda but operates on his own.

“He appears to be part of the new generation of Islamic terrorists who act alone, abetted by jihadi Web sites and their own anger,” said Jean-Louis Bruguière, a former French counterterrorism judge and expert on European terrorism.

Source
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/world/europe/mohammed-merah-france-shooting-suspect-seen-as-home-grown-militant.html

sooo what the heck happened today?? why would he do such a thing?? this is definitely some sort of a plot that the French have been trying to put together to get back at Algerians specifically and Muslims in general.

The French are obviously blowing it out of proportion too.. not only that, but their main statement is "Algerian Origins" which is used over and over and over..... what was he thinking??? :wall:

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Not sure why journalists keep focusing on his Algerian origin. He's born in France to a French father and an Algerian mother. He's French. You will never see that sort of logic used in North America, only in Europe do they still have that kind of backward thinking.

As for the other part of your message, sorry to say but it's not a plot Beebo. We have too many idiots that keep doing this kind of stuff and keep continually tarnishing our name. As Muslims, we really need to take a real stance against these sort of actions and really distance ourselves from them.
  • Beebo, Omeymaa and wise-man001 like this

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
I hate that almost everytime there is a bombing or shooting or some other crime on the news the suspect's name includes 'mohammed' somewhere. These events are only reinforcing the hatred towards muslims and islam. Its come to that point where when you tell someone your name is Mohammed, you can see whats going through their head...

And offcourse, if the suspects have a link to Islam or the Middle East, no matter how small, it will always be played on. Europe or America.

Lets not forget the upcoming french election too, Sarkozy has made his stance very clear on immigrants and this whole event is going to play right into his hands. I also doubt this could be a plot but these events seem to occur at very convenient times.
  • Beebo and wise-man001 like this
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Well he's dead now.

Sorry to say this but the first time I heard about this, I had a feeling he had something to do with Algeria. And I was right.

This is sure an advantage to that lady running in the french elections, the one that hates Arabs. What's her name? Something le pen.

What I hate is when the label people like him 'islamiste', that's just wrong. How come they don't do the same thing when a shooting goes on in US of A ? We don't hear this ''A jew/christian killed 5 blah blah blah'' on the news do we?

Done is better than perfect.

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
salam,

What I hate is when the label people like him 'islamiste', that's just wrong. How come they don't do the same thing when a shooting goes on in US of A ? We don't hear this ''A jew/christian killed 5 blah blah blah'' on the news do we?

Well let's keep in mind that generally a "western" terrorist doesn't justify his acts with his religion whilst in this case this thug and drug dealer was acting in the name of Islam and claiming to be be doing his acts to revenge Palestinian kids !

وصية أبى بكر الصديق لجنود الإسلام قبل فتح بلاد الشام
يا أيها الناس، أوصيكم بعشر فاحفظوها عنى: لا تخونوا ولا تغلوا، ولا تغدروا ولا تمثلوا، ولا تقتلوا طفلاً صغيراً، ولا شيخاً كبيراً ولا امرأة، ولا تعقروا نخلاً ولا تحرقوه، ولا تقطعوا شجرة مثمرة، ولا تذبحوا شاةً ولا بقرة ولا بعيراً إلا لمآكلة، وسوف تمرون بأقوام قد فرغوا أنفسهم في الصوامع؛ فدعوهم وما فرغوا أنفسهم له، وسوف تقدمون على قوم يأتونكم بآنية فيها ألوان الطعام، فإن أكلتم منها شيئاً بعد شئ فاذكروا اسم الله عليها.

It really bothers me how losers and thugs who are generally drug dealers and frequent bad places and do much more horrible things, how this type of people identify themselves as "muslims" just to show their rebellion and revolt to the society that rejected them....This means that hard work is waiting for good muslims to show a good image of their religion.

Lets not forget the upcoming french election too, Sarkozy has made his stance very clear on immigrants and this whole event is going to play right into his hands. I also doubt this could be a plot but these events seem to occur at very convenient times.

Thumbs up !...Les Guignols nailed it as always with this video

• Beebo and eve like this
Be the change you want to see in the world.

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

He's born in France to a French father and an Algerian mother.

I did not know that, interesting..

This might be a set up, since they killed the guy right away.
But I highly doubt it with the guys history, the running away from jail in Afghanistan n all that..

Ignorance is like our worst enemy, we need to educate these people, muslims that are persuaded easily with some videos of Al-Qaida.
n how could France let this guy in? n let him be, with all his history?..

N awesome video wise-man, pretty creative..

Posted Image

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

since they killed the guy right away.

Threw himself right outta the bathroom window I heard...

N awesome video

I wouldn't have watched it if I hadn't read that!
  • eve likes this

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

Threw himself right outta the bathroom window I heard...

I think he fell of the thing while trying to escape, but it was like the first floor I don't think that caused his death!?
He was probably shot by the police..

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

sorry to say but it's not a plot Beebo. We have too many idiots that keep doing this kind of stuff and keep continually tarnishing our name. As Muslims, we really need to take a real stance against these sort of actions and really distance ourselves from them.

It really bothers me how losers and thugs who are generally drug dealers and frequent bad places and do much more horrible things, how this type of people identify themselves as "muslims" just to show their rebellion and revolt to the society that rejected them....This means that hard work is waiting for good muslims to show a good image of their religion.

I totally agree with you guys on this one, i'm not saying that there aren't Muslims like this because there are plenty and I see them everyday ruining our great religion's image, but I believe that it's a plot because of what Mohammed said:

So this would be a great opportunity for Sarkozy to become a George Bush junior and use the scare tactic to gain ground in the upcoming elections and use this case to affirm his stance against immigrants.

ℓυℓυ

ℓυℓυ
  • Girls
  • 154 posts

Current mood: Sneaky
" killing of seven people" masha2Allah tabarak Allah... If only everyone had the courage!!!!
just imagine: (2393- 300= 2093)(300 are ppl who don't sign in) >> 2093*7= 14651>> we would have eliminated this much of wlad el *$&'#
14 thousand and a few is no where near how many palestinian kids were killed (women included).

You don't know who he is, do you? You don't have to believe everything the french tell you. I'm sure you already know this, but it's the WINNER WHO WRITES HISTORY!!!
You don't have to work hard to show your GOOD side, if you believe you are a good muslim, act like yourself...

Since a few years, 'till now, I feel that we have something called "The cold war of religions". The problem is, Judaism and Christianity are getting their way, and we as muslims are just going with the flow and trying our best to please them, either because we work for them, or we have come to believe that they are the ones who give us opportunities.
Just because we live in their premises, it doesn't mean that we have to have the same oppinon as them. WE ARE DIFFERENT! As a muslim living in the west, the westerners should understand that you are different. We don't do what they do, we don't think as they do, nor do we speak about things like this from their point of view.

I believe that it's a plot

I don't think it was a plot, though, i must say that they managed to benefit from it all. (kebarha tekbr, sa'3arha te5las) as they say in Algeria " el-mendba kbeera w lmeyatt far"
They made a big story out of it...

It annoys me how when a sahyouni kills, its his right and when a muslim kills its terrorism!!
I understand, women and children shouldn't be killed, but those soldiers needed treatment. If anything was to happen against an arab country it will be those soldiers who will kill our women, children and men!
BTW, people already know what islam is as a religion, they may not know what kinda poeple the muslims are...
anyways, allah yera7mo.... I think that plalestine's issue isn't just for the palestinians, its everyones.
  • Omeymaa likes this

♡.♡.♡.♡.♡

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

3ashet flisteen ou 3ach le msakhen w tabbouleh :P +1 just because your calculations made me laugh. @Lulu

This means that hard work is waiting for good muslims to show a good image of their religion.

There's no hardwork to be done, the stereotype regarding Arabsin general in France is already set. Unless you're worried about your own image then that's summet different.

There are senseless people in every single relegion and society, why do we Muslims have to act as if this really scars our reputation or whatever it is?? I'm sure just one person wouldn't have such a big effect.

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
salam,

" killing of seven people" masha2Allah tabarak Allah... If only everyone had the courage!!!!

Allah sent his prophet Mohammed (PBUH) to guide humanity to the right path, to the religion of peace, the religion of Islam, so the purpose of the message is to guide the “others” not to kill them nor to fight them.
And we as muslims we have that duty of carrying the message to the mankind, so definitely such similar acts of killing, such barbarian acts of running after an innocent child, an eight years old girl to kill her and being cynical to the degree of recording these acts with a camera…such acts will definitely not give an appealing image of Islam and won’t attract people to it. Thus the supplementary effort that muslims need to do to show the true purpose of our message.

You don't know who he is, do you? You don't have to believe everything the french tell you. I'm sure you already know this, but it's the WINNER WHO WRITES HISTORY!!!

Yes of course it’s always the winner who writes history, but you know, after this incident of Toulouse, dozens of journalists from different channels from all over the world are investigating of the author of these crimes and interviewing people from his neighborhood and entourage, and I hope you are not saying that all these journalists are conspiring and lying about who really was this Merah !
Yes I don’t know him in person but sorry, I do know this category of people…”les voyous des cités” they steal, they sell and consume drugs, they aggress, they are divided into clans that are continually in war for “leadership”…and despite of all these aspects of violence that are far from any religion these people resort to Islam as a card, they use it just as a symbol to show their rebellion against society.

I understand, women and children shouldn't be killed, but those soldiers needed treatment. If anything was to happen against an arab country it will be those soldiers who will kill our women, children and men!

So if I understood you well, you are saying that those soldiers constitute a potential threat, that there is a probability (that might be big or might be tiny) that one day they will attack a muslim country and kill our people…and thus we should anticipate this hypothetical threat and eliminate those soldiers even if they are in peace in their own country! But hey let’s be pragmatic, how many do u think will be killed, a dozen, a hundred, a thousand ? do u think this will invert the balance and make the muslims stronger ? do u think this will protect a muslim country in case a future assault really happened ?!

I dream of the day when Muslims will get rid of their naivety and will be as smart as the jews, the jews are a minority and yet they managed to infiltrate the system and occupy strategical fields like the media and the financial world, they have numerous public figures and can influence on important political decisions, …I have a dream that one day muslim children will use the power of education and the power of lobbying to climb the social ladder and eventually occupy those positions that will allow them to help their community and help the case of Palestine instead of stupidly relying on their emotions, instead of blindely killing innocents and making everyone an enemy of muslims thinking that this will help free Palestine !
  • Fatony likes this

ℓυℓυ

ℓυℓυ
  • Girls
  • 154 posts

wa3likom essalam wa ra7ma,

mandirouch eniya f'lehbal! 5elina nahadro shwiya o nefahmo bezaf.(it looks like i'm gna write an essay)

Allah sent his prophet Mohammed () to guide humanity to the right path

3alaih esalat wesalam... I agree, but the Prophet PBUH fought against them too.
Shouf, i'm not going to say that we don't have muslim mhabel, but these mhabel exist everywhere and are part of every religion, not all muslims are sheikhs and not all christians are saints!!!! (S's point)
WM, just tell me, how can we carry the message to mankind if we live in their countries and act like them inorder not to be noticed, or even thought of as a muslims? It gets to a point where you can't tell who's the muslim from the non-muslim when walking down the streets. The only way you can find out is during prayer time and most of them couldn't care less...

journalists are conspiring and lying about who really was this Merah

The point isn't " WHO HE IS or WHO HE WAS"... He might have been thug and a drugie but his aim was to eliminate the so called peace between the muslims and esahyoun. If such peace existed, it would have started in Palestine.

I'm not sure from what angle you see peace from, it's obviously nowhere near where i'm standing.

I dream of the day when Muslims will get rid of their naivety and will be as smart as the jews, the jews are a minority and yet they managed to infiltrate the system and occupy strategical fields like the media and the financial world, they have numerous public figures and can influence on important political decisions, …I have a dream that one day muslim children will use the power of education and the power of lobbying to climb the social ladder and eventually occupy those positions that will allow them to help their community and help the case of Palestine instead of stupidly relying on their emotions, instead of blindely killing innocents and making everyone an enemy of muslims thinking that this will help free Palestine !

Yes Martin Luther WM,
you wanna know who is naive?
People who: don't think "el-muslim a3az 3ala el-kafer", think that having the same passport means that they're all equal and think that it's "normal" to get dragged in the western current.
Muslim children are unable to use the power of education as a weapon because what ever education they get, they buy a plane ticket and fly to the western countries to provide services there. Don't they??
You can only climb the ladder as a muslim if you CAN and are ABLE TO blend religion with your everyday social interactions. I have come to notice in our siciety today that people keep religion in mosques only. When it comes to discussing things, general oppinions are given and people don't go back to the religious prespective of things.

People who step out to look at different situations and are able to link facts in their head and get to a conclusion don't rely on their emotions. I'm not sure if you have ever wondered: Why IS life going this way and no any other way? Long ago, Muslims were looked up to and by time, generations came who:
>>أضاعوا الصلاة واتبعوا الشهوات فسوف يلقون غيا<<
What do you expect from these kind of people? Prayer not done on time, not much self control and it doesn't mean that these people are uneduacted and don't occupy higher positions in society. We're getting closer to "the end of time" and these things are expected, there may be a "peace" blancket covering the world ATM, though i'm sure it won't be long before it's tacken off, maybe not our generation but it's v.soon.

Before freeing palestine, people should free themselves. (from a lot of thoughts)

3iniya 7walo! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
So what are you saying? He shouldn't be condemned? He should be congratulated?

What positive effect has his actions brought about? How are the parents / brothers / sisters of those children who were killed feeling now?

Why should we delve into his history to find out who he was just so we can give some semblance of justification to what has happend?

Look, I agree that we as Muslims should hold onto our religion and not adopt practices against it. And I agree that palestine is an issue for everyone.

But I dont agree in events like this. Look, most of the christians in the west are christians in name only. The average man or woman on the street doesn't have some collective hidden agenda against Muslims. Why do we need to be in a continual war against 'them'? We don't need to isolate ourselves from them, as long as we keep to our islamic traditions.

And we don't need muslims or arabs in foreign armies to kill us, our own people do a fine job of it.

just imagine: (2393- 300= 2093)(300 are ppl who don't sign in) >> 2093*7= 14651>> we would have eliminated this much of wlad el *$&'#
14 thousand and a few is no where near how many palestinian kids were killed (women included).

You don't have to work hard to show your GOOD side, if you believe you are a good muslim, act like yourself...

Since a few years, 'till now, I feel that we have something called "The cold war of religions". The problem is, Judaism and Christianity are getting their way, and we as muslims are just going with the flow and trying our best to please them, either because we work for them, or we have come to believe that they are the ones who give us opportunities.
Just because we live in their premises, it doesn't mean that we have to have the same oppinon as them. WE ARE DIFFERENT! As a muslim living in the west, the westerners should understand that you are different. We don't do what they do, we don't think as they do, nor do we speak about things like this from their point of view.

I don't think it was a plot, though, i must say that they managed to benefit from it all. (kebarha tekbr, sa'3arha te5las) as they say in Algeria " el-mendba kbeera w lmeyatt far"
They made a big story out of it...

It annoys me how when a sahyouni kills, its his right and when a muslim kills its terrorism!!
BTW, people already know what islam is as a religion, they may not know what kinda poeple the muslims are...
anyways, allah yera7mo.... I think that plalestine's issue isn't just for the palestinians, its everyones.

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

You two with the essays ( Lulu and WM) chill your beans and get yourselves a cup of Algerian Green Tea smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> You've started an e-dz version of 'al ittijah almou3aks' for God's sake.

ℓυℓυ

ℓυℓυ
  • Girls
  • 154 posts

salam,

I didn't tell you to congratulate anyone. i was just shocked at the fact that he managed 7!!!

What positive effect has his actions brought about? How are the parents / brothers / sisters of those children who were killed feeling now?

Positive? I don't think it brought about much to be honest. Life is going to continue as it ever did before. Elections are coming and no one wasted the opportunity to get themselves some audience.
Mohammed, please don't tell me you feel sorry for them. Me, bothering with replying to this topic has only one reason. I don't feel sorry for those who died.
Feel sorry for the 100s who died in Syria & feel sorry for the average of two-a-day children who die in Palestine.

I'm not justifying his actions nor do i think that it's OK to do such things. My point is : el mendba kbira wel meyatt far!

The average man or woman on the street doesn't have some collective hidden agenda against Muslims. Why do we need to be in a continual war against 'them'? We don't need to isolate ourselves from them, as long as we keep to our islamic traditions.

I agree with you. If he had bombed a train station i would have given a different opinion.

And we don't need muslims or arabs in foreign armies to kill us, our own people do a fine job of it.

hahahaha, very true... Our own people don't have proper reasons, the ones abroad DO.

You two with the essays ( Lulu and WM) chill your beans and get yourselves a cup of Algerian Green Tea You've started an e-dz version of 'al ittijah almou3aks' for God's sake.

ana raye8 oo jawi raye8 wala fini aya '6ee8a! Ok, say "chill your beans" in darja... :P

(ana wech de5elni fel politics ta3kom :P)

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

Mohammed, please don't tell me you feel sorry for them

I'm not justifying his actions nor do i think that it's OK to do such things

Look, I can see your point. Why make a big deal out of this when we have many muslims dying everyday (right?). But if the reponse is 'i dont feel sorry for them' because they are not muslim then we are certainly not going to give the right impression.

Anyway, there is talk of it not even being him who had carried the attack out. Its been suggested that he was simply a convenient scapegoat, which is why he was shot by a police marksman. Who knows...
  • ℓυℓυ likes this

ℓυℓυ

ℓυℓυ
  • Girls
  • 154 posts

Anyway, there is talk of it not even being him who had carried the attack out. Its been suggested that he was simply a convenient scapegoat, which is why he was shot by a police marksman. Who knows...

OH smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' /> !!! You can never know what really goes on in this world...

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Positives of Mohammed Merah's killing:
1. He died a Matrix like death
2. He took down some Herka
3. He paid cash only on Ebay
4. He had a hoover in his flat
5. There are 4 less jews in the world

Negatives:
1. He used beretta which jammed on him
2. He had a tattoo
3. He video taped all his missions
4. He did not get buried in Algeria as flights were full
5. If you read his last name backwards, you know what he did is.....
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

ℓυℓυ

ℓυℓυ
  • Girls
  • 154 posts

If you read his last name backwards, you know what he did is.....

hahahahahaaaaaaa... good one

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: france, algeria, terrorism, shooting