Current mood: Busy Contributor

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Look I will give you an advice. Do not let the women control the expenses of weddings because there is too much comparison and competition between each other and you end up being the victim. Do what I did, I told them that I will take care of all costs, but I do what I want. All they had to do was turn up to the wedding.

I booked the hall, the car, the camerawoman, the music, the jewellery, the timing the honeymoon trip. Took me two weeks to do. I can honestly say that my wedding came out approximately 50% cheaper than many of the other Algerian weddings here.

The trick is, the timing has to be perfect. Book a time where majority are out of the country and you will see how smoothly your wedding will go.

I've seen weddings where the women planned it and I went to one last week. The women had a fit, half the room was covered in niqabis and half in open-minded Algerians... they had a huge argument whether Sami Yusuf music is halal or not. Completely disorganised.

El Mohim, I feel that many families these days do not value wlid el hlal anymore. It's all about how much you make!... Do not undervalue yourself and believe me, do what Allah swt hs willed for you within reasonable means. Never go into debt because of marriage
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

kim

kim
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Current mood: Thinking
'half the room was covered in niqabis and half in open-minded Algerians... '
very funny,
mabrouk 3lihoum any way.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

El Mohim, I feel that many families these days do not value wlid el hlal anymore. It's all about how much you make!... Do not undervalue yourself and believe me, do what Allah hs willed for you within reasonable means. Never go into debt because of marriage

Very true and very well said bro

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced

Do what I did, I told them that I will take care of all costs, but I do what I want. All they had to do was turn up to the wedding

Although it might be true that many women do feel the need to compete with others in regards to how 'big' their wedding is, I don't think it's fair to completely disregard a bride in the decision making. It is her wedding after all, most brides dream about that day since their childhood.
Negotiations and setting budgets are key.

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
You've put me in a wedding mood now lol.
What I find extremely annoying, when the bride decided to wear a 'sari' for her wedding (some even dance to Punjabi MC :lol: ), mazal macheftch Pakistaniya labset el karakou in her wedding, and danced to 'rana djinak' ! (btw Pakistanis have really good weddings).

Done is better than perfect.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

It is her wedding after all, most brides dream about that day since their childhood.
Negotiations and setting budgets are key.

If that's the case, then her dad is more than welcome to contribute :D

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Why not lol, mchi khsara fi bentah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Or she can pitch in herself, like stated before it is her wedding after all :P

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Or she can pitch in herself, like stated before it is her wedding after all :P

which planet is this on? are we still talking about Algerians??

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Lol, Beebo it isn't that uncommon. It's definitely not a 50-50 partition but they nonetheless pitch in sometimes.
Although the women have a tendency to keep it a secret because in their eyes it makes their groom seem like less of a man because he can't afford a lavish wedding on his own - or something along those lines...

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Lol, Beebo it isn't that uncommon. It's definitely not a 50-50 partition but they nonetheless pitch in sometimes.
Although the women have a tendency to keep it a secret because in their eyes it makes their groom seem like less of a man because he can't afford a lavish wedding on his own - or something along those lines...

yea.. waste money to show to the world what you're capable of then end up paying for it for the rest of your life... genius!! <_<

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Eh oui, they live for others and not for themselves...
  • Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Eh oui, they live for others and not for themselves...

Very well said sis! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Beebo, never fall for the L'Oreal Advert: "because am worth it....." :no2:
  • Beebo and Apocalypse like this

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
My father always complained about money except in his daughters' weddings, that's what I like about him. Anyhow, a perfect weeding for me is between my closest narrowest family and friends and his, no more than 40 people, (40 is already bezaf) a nice delicious dinner, good cosy talks between closest friends and family, midnight koll wahed ytir l darhom, tagsira ya3aqlo 3liha. Seriously, does the bride and the groom know who the 200 people there are? It's a special occasion to celebrate with full consciousness and never to forget, mashi feel like a doll watched at by 200 persons or more who tomorrow will only remember what went wrong during the night or when you almost fell on the floor because you felt shied when 400 eyes were looking at you when you were dancing with this strange man to become your husband. :D
Peace
  • Beebo and •eve• like this

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Beebo, never fall for the L'Oreal Advert: "because am worth it....." :no2:

lol fatony, mazalek qarzaz (mech'hah) kima mdari? c bien!

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

My father always complained about money except in his daughters' weddings, that's what I like about him. Anyhow, a perfect weeding for me is between my closest narrowest family and friends and his, no more than 40 people, (40 is already bezaf) a nice delicious dinner, good cosy talks between closest friends and family, midnight koll wahed ytir l darhom, tagsira ya3aqlo 3liha. Seriously, does the bride and the groom know who the 200 people there are? It's a special occasion to celebrate with full consciousness and never to forget, mashi feel like a doll watched at by 200 persons or more who tomorrow will only remember what went wrong during the night or when you almost fell on the floor because you felt shied when 400 eyes were looking at you when you were dancing with this strange man to become your husband. :D
Peace

That is an ideal wedding ya khti Meriem. If you say those things in al khaleej, straight away you will be frowned upon, you will be told that Tafkeerek Qdeem... Wellahi if the woman knows her duties well and can look after her house, I would say that kind of woman deserves what she wants in her wedding and after. But the girls of today, girls of facebook, el mohim.. khalliha 3la llah..

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Peace

Well said sis.. unfortunately not all girls think like that nowadays

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

well the boys are saying well said because my theory has granted peace to their wallets, well, it seems like I forgot to mention that mr.Hubby still has to pay a honeymoon trip to Maldives :D :D lol

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

well the boys are saying well said because my theory has granted peace to their wallets, well, it seems like I forgot to mention that mr.Hubby still has to pay a honeymoon trip to Maldives :D :D lol

Well that's worth paying money for.... unlike unnecessary expenses on expensive wedding dinners and parties. Atleast this would be something the couple would enjoy and benefit from :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: algeria, marriage, culture