- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
The National team started training for the busy month ahead which includes a friendly against Niger (May 27th), World Cup qualifiers against Rwanda and Mali (June 1st and 9th) and the return match against Gambia in the African Cup qualifiers (June 16th). The "team", which is just two players at the moment (Bouazza and Guedioura), is currently in camp in Paris. The rest of the players will join up slowly, as their seasons end, with the real camp starting on Sunday in Algeria.

Posted Image
  • Wahrania likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

The "team", which is just two players at the moment (Bouazza and Guedioura), is currently in camp in Paris. The rest of the players will join up slowly, as their seasons end, with the real camp starting on Sunday in Algeria.

Seriously... such a waste of money and resources since the majority of the players won't be around all this week and won't even START arriving to the camp until Sunday... I dunno, but I find it very useless

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Well the coaching staff is paid no matter what so I wouldn't call it waste of money and resources. A couple of hotel rooms for Bouazza and Guedioura are hardly an expense when you're dealing with the millions that a football federation deals with. Plus, its keeping the players in shape and under the watchful eye of a full coaching staff, something they wouldn't have if they stayed with their clubs.

@Beebo: And not talking about you specifically here but since you got the ball rolling .. Algerians need to stop complaining and seeing the negative in everything, and focus on the positive instead!

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

@Beebo: And not talking about you specifically here but since you got the ball rolling .. Algerians need to stop complaining and seeing the negative in everything, and focus on the positive instead!

haha.. I was trying to give constructive criticism from the prospective that it's not possible to train or layout tactics with just 2 players.. heck not even the domestic players are around. I have played for many teams and of course non were professional, but 1st and 2nd divisions and having 2 players show up to practice is not something that a coach can do much with... let alone an entire week!!

If you can give me a positive view in which it would benefit the team, i'll very much appreciate it because I can't see it. Oh and on a funny note, imagine if neither of these two plays in the next games? LOL that would be so funny :lol:

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Haha .. well you can watch the press conference Vahid held today and see what he said about the training camp. I didn't watch it but in short that he said that it helped the players stay fit since they were done with their clubs and it also helped them mentally to be around the training staff and get acclamated (sp?) with them.

http://www.dzfoot.co...-parenthese.php

I never played pro but I've one had 1-2 players practices with my basketball coaches, you learn a lot of stuff since all the focus is on you
  • Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Vahid called up 29 players for the next four matches that the team will play. Among the 29 are 4 local players that are being called up for the first time: Belkalem (JSK), Benlamri (NAHD), Benmoussa (ESS) and Slimani (CRB). Belkalem is a central defender, Benlamri is a central defender but can also play as a right back, Benmoussa is a left winger and Slimani is a striker. Surprisingly, Ghezzal has been dropped even though he's a regular for Levante (top 5 team in La Liga) and Vahid kept Chalali (who doesn't even play for a crappy team in Scotland) and only has 1 goal this season.

Goalkeepers

Fawzi Chaouchi (MC Alger)
Azzedine Doukha (USM El Harrach)
Raïs M'Bolhi (CSK Sofia, Bulgaria)
Cédric Si Mohamed (JSM Béjaïa)

Defenders

Essaïd Belkalem (JS Kabylie)
Djamel Benlamri (NA Hussein Dey)
Madjid Bougherra (Lekhwiya, Qatar)
Ismaël Bouzid (Baniyas, UAE)
Liassine Cadamuro-Bentaïba (Real Sociedad, Spain)
Abderahmane Hachoud (ES Sétif)
Carl Medjani (AC Ajaccio, France)
Djamel Mesbah (AC Milian, Italy)
Mehdi Mostefa (AC Ajaccio, France)

Midfielders

Mokhtar Benmoussa (ES Sétif)
Ryad Boudebouz (FC Sochaux, France)
Abdelmoumène Djabou (ES Sétif)
Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia, Espagne)
Adlène Guedioura (Nothingam Forest, England)
Foued Kadir (Valenciennes, France)
Medhi Lacen (Getafe, Spain)
Khaled Lemmouchia (USM Alger)
Saâd Tedjar (JS Kabylie)

Forwards

Mohamed Amine Aoudia (ES Sétif)
Hamer Bouazza (Milwall, England)
Mohamed Chalali (Abderdeen, Scotland)
Rafik Djebbour (Olympiakos, Greece)
Kamel Ghilas (Reims, France)
Islam Slimani (CR Belouizdad)
El Arbi Hillel Soudani (Vitoria Guimaraes, Portugal)
  • Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I like the fact that he called up a lot of locals for this one... i find it surprising that he's a foreigner and has faith in them yet the previous Algerian coaches didn't.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
FALSE ! The previous coaches you are referring to are .. Saadane, and he called up plenty of local players during his reign of the team. Guys like Djediat, Abdeslam, Achiou, Seguer, Hemani, Laifaoui, Raho, Babouche, Hamidi, etc. I can keep going with teh whole list if you want. It's just at the end that they got dropped but that's because almost everyone turned on Saadane and wanted to bring in guys that had nothing to do with Algeria, guys like Lacen, Medjani, Mostefa, Bellaid, etc. loukan khelitouh yekhdem that wouldn't have happened but most Algerians think we're Brazil, they lack even the most basic ability to reason and think critically .. but I'll save that for another rant :D

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Not to mention Raouraoua who acts more like a scout for the team, instead of a president of a football association. He spends all the time in Europe talking to random players of Algerian origin to try and convince them to play for Algeria, when a president of the FA should really be occupied with developing the game as a whole in his own country (not that he hasn't improved it but still).

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

FALSE ! The previous coaches you are referring to are .. Saadane, and he called up plenty of local players during his reign of the team. Guys like Djediat, Abdeslam, Achiou, Seguer, Hemani, Laifaoui, Raho, Babouche, Hamidi, etc. I can keep going with teh whole list if you want. It's just at the end that they got dropped but that's because almost everyone turned on Saadane and wanted to bring in guys that had nothing to do with Algeria, guys like Lacen, Medjani, Mostefa, Bellaid, etc. loukan khelitouh yekhdem that wouldn't have happened but most Algerians think we're Brazil, they lack even the most basic ability to reason and think critically .. but I'll save that for another rant :D

True, I just don't think that there was a call up in which the locals were close to half of the entire list as it is right now. Not only that but this new coach also had a special session for locals just a few weeks ago, which is the first time that such special attention has been given to locals.

Don't get me wrong bro, I wasn't against Saadane, but I definitely didn't like Benshiekha just because he didn't have the strong character that the team needed.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

True, I just don't think that there was a call up in which the locals were close to half of the entire list as it is right now. Not only that but this new coach also had a special session for locals just a few weeks ago, which is the first time that such special attention has been given to locals.

Again .. FALSE :D

First thing Saadane did when he took over was hold a locals only training camp with 27 players. Unfortunately, most people seem to forget all the work Saadane put in to take the team to where it was, they just focus on the end, which unfortunately wasn't good.

Don't get me wrong bro, I wasn't against Saadane, but I definitely didn't like Benshiekha just because he didn't have the strong character that the team needed.

I can't really say. He came in at a very bad time and didn't really have much time to really prove his worth. In Tunisia, he's actually veryy well known for his strong character, he even slapped one of his players during a game for I think yelling at a ref or something lol. They call him The General over there.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

So this week will be the week where the whole team will show up for the National Team training.

We have a friendly on the 26th with Niger which will be a very good test before the 3 official games coming up in June.

What do you think would be the ideal starting line up against Niger?

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
A bunch of the players still have not shown up yet .. and some are injured, so hard to say who will start

Chaouchi, Benlamri, Bougherra, Aoudia and Belkalem are all injured. Chaouchi was replaced with Zemmamouche.

M'Bolhi and Bouzid play with their clubs tomorrow so they won't show up until at least Thursday, so I'm guessing they won't play either

For the starting line-up against Niger, depending on who's available of course, I'm guessing it's something like this :

Doukha - Hachoud, Cadamuro, Medjani, Mesbah - Lacen, Lemmouchia, Feghouli, Djabou, Bouazza - Soudani

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Yea true.. not a lot of options at the back for us

Doukha - Hachoud, Cadamuro, Medjani, Mesbah - Lacen, Lemmouchia, Feghouli, Djabou, Bouazza - Soudani

It's a pretty new team eh? it would be interesting to see how a new line-up would do... who knows, maybe they'll be able to impress

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Yeah definitely a new generation of players .. but I think it's going to take some time for them to really gel together

Also, turns out the Ligue 1 players won't be available for the game against Niger, so even Medjani won't be available for that one so I'm not sure who'll fill in in defense (Belkalem, Benlamri and Bougherra are both injured)
  • Beebo likes this

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
On a lighter note smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />, will the game be broadcast on Canal Algerie?
And what time is it being played at ?? :D

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Yes the game should be live on Canal Algerie .. kick-off is at 8.30PM Algeria time, so I think 3.30PM Eastern

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
Thank you :D

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Yea I can't wait to watch the game tomorrow.. It will give us an idea of just how good of a tactician is hlilou (as Algerians call him :P)

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
It's not games against Niger where you discover the tactical aptitude of a coach, we should win games like this easily, just by the difference in talent of our players. It's against teams that are close to our level where a coach's ability is really put to the test.