Change
Photo

Algeria vs Rwanda (2014 World Cup qualification)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Excellent game for Soudani with 2 goals, a constant threat for the opposing defenders .. Djebbour useless as usual, Slimani did more in the 35 minutes that he played, setting up Soudani on one play (volley into the stands), almost scoring (cleared off the line by a defender) and finally scoring

Totally agree, i'm a huuuuge fan of Soudani because he plays with heart and is very strong mashallah.. I'm sooo glad he took his chances and proved to be the striker that Algeria was always looking for. As for Slimani, that's a fairytale in itself, to be playing outside the scope of professionals just a couple of years ago and then get called to the National Team and score on your debut game is nothing but that.

Everyone played well (except Djebbour like you said) and what's surprising is that the local players are right up there when it comes to being players of the match. From Hachoud to Slimani to Soudani (who I consider a local because he's a 100% local product) well done... let's take the game to Mali now.

One thing that i'm wondering is who would Bougherra replace out of the two center backs? I was satisfied with both of their performances, Bouzid more than Medjani but I guess it will come down to who Hlilou likes more.

Oh and our new jerseys look awesome!!

Posted Image

For those that wanna watch the goals with arabic commentators:

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Everyone played well (except Djebbour like you said) and what's surprising is that the local players are right up there when it comes to being players of the match. From Hachoud to Slimani to Soudani (who I consider a local because he's a 100% local product) well done... let's take the game to Mali now.

One thing that i'm wondering is who would Bougherra replace out of the two center backs? I was satisfied with both of their performances, Bouzid more than Medjani but I guess it will come down to who Hlilou likes more.

The whole "pros are better than locals" thing is a myth. If we had players playing for Real Madrid and Barcelona then yes I'd agree, but as long as we have guys playing in average clubs in Europe then there isn't a huge difference. With the exception of Feghouli, no Algerian plays in a big club (and I don't consider Mesbah as an AC Milan player!).

As for your second point .. can't believe I'm saying this but I'd stick with the Bouzid-Medjani. They've played well together last two games and are obviously in much better shape than Bougherra who hasn't played in two months and is coming back from injury. Playing him without any match fitness against Mali would be a risk in my opinion. If he had to pick one, I'd go with Bouzid, just for the simple fact that Mali plays with big strikers that use their size (Maiga, Dembele, Diabate), they're not exactly the quickest most technical guys.
  • Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Videos of Soudani and Boudebouz against Rwanda :

Soudani vs Rwanda :

Boudebouz vs Rwanda :