Change
Photo

Mali vs Algeria (2014 World Cup qualification)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Posted Image Mali - Algeria Posted Image

Date: Sunday, June 10th, 2012
Time: 8.00PM (Algeria)

Algeria will look to build on its win against Rwanda when they take on Mali on Sunday. The game was moved to neighboring Burkina Faso because of the political unrest in Mali. Mali lost their opening game in the group stage against Benin (1-0) and know that another slip up against Algeria will probably mean they have little chance to qualify. Rwanda host Benin in the other game in the group.

As for team news, Bougherra, Aoudia and Mostefa are all back after being out injured, and they take the spots of Chalali, Remache and Zemmamouche who will not travel with the team. Guedioura is also out injured, not sure how serious it is though.

Like the Rwanda game, the game will be televised live on all of the Algeria channels.

• Beebo and Wahrania like this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
I can't wait for this game.... so much is riding on it, it's our reality check test

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Yep, this is it .. even though a loss wouldn't be the end of the world. In these types of groups where you have 2 good teams, the team that usually qualifies is the one that does best against the two weaker teams in the group, Benin and Rwanda in this case. For example, in our group with Egypt, we beat them and they beat us (we just both happened to get same results against each other and had to go to a playoff). In our group with Morocco, again, we beat them and they beat us, but they got better results against the two other teams in the group and qualified.
  • Beebo likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Photos from Burkina Faso prior to the game :

http://www.dzfoot.co...nt_Mali_Algerie

The good news is that the field looks to be in excellent condition, something that should be to our advantage

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

The good news is that the field looks to be in excellent condition, something that should be to our advantage

Wow I'm very impressed!! It looks awesome! Now it's just a matter of whether the heat will be a problem or not

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
40 degrees according to the DZFoot guy that is there :sweat:

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
The Algerian community of Burkina Faso (which apparently exists?!?) was at the airport to welcome the players:

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Algeria's line-up for the game :

M'Bolhi - Bouzid, Bougherra, Medjani, Mesbah - Lacen, Guedioura, Boudebouz, Feghouli, Kadir - Slimani

Some weird choices with Bouzid, a CB, starting at RB ahead of Hachoud who played well last couple of games. Also, Slimani starting upfront ahead of Soudani and Djebbour. I know Vahid wants a "big man" to bother the Malian defense but I really don't see Slimani be able to do that that role despite his size.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

We should've ended the game in the first half. Also, I personally think that Bougherra shouldn't have played because it was very obvious that he was lacking game time. Anyways, it's not the end of the world, we still have 12 points to play for, we should try and make it count in the next games inshallah

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
I thought Bougherra had a great game, not sure what he did wrong ?!? Even DZFoot gave him a 2 somehow, but they have a tendency to use emotions when they note the players

Like I said before the game, the two players I mentioned were what cost us in my opinion. Not surprisingly, Bouzid struggled at right back. He was also at fault for the 1st goal and provided absolutely nothing going up front. The majority of his crosses either hit the defender or went out for goal kicks. It's not his fault though, he's a centre back, not sure why he was even chosen to play as RB.

Secondly, Slimani, even though he scored and put in a real effort, wasn't the right choice. They needed someone that could hold up the ball and take on a defender or two (Soudani) but Vahid insisted on starting him.

Not to mention that the likes of Boudebouz and Feghouli were invisible .. and Lacen had a second bad game in a row

In short, Vahid dropped the ball on this one

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Highlights :