- - - - - education ken robinson

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,651 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

This is an RSA Animate illustration of one of Sir Ken Robinson's lectures. If you're not familiar with who he is, he's regarded as a leader in the development of education, creativity and innovation. I read one of his books The Element and it was amazing!!!

Watch this video where he describes how the education system is the only institution that is still the same since the 17th century.

• Omeymaa and •eve• like this

WgxUpZ6.png

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Very informative. Thank you for sharing.
So we were all born intelligent and education ruined us? Great!

As for the kindergarten kids, they really blow my mind with some of the things they come up with. A while back whilst I was teaching them number 8, this lil kid goes..teacher, it looks like the racing track! I was like mashallah you smarticle particle even I forgot about that :P
  • Beebo likes this

Done is better than perfect.

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Well I really liked this, now I need to change the way I think!
I'm totally gonna share this video with my english teacher from school, haha :D

But i guess its so much easier to just "distribute"? and sort things like classes by the kids ages n stuff.
I mean how in the world will you know what a 5 year old kid is good at? try everything? ask what they're good at?
I think like it's better if they just get the go through the usual 12 years of school with some free time to experiment n try new things, n by the time they finish school they decide what they want to pursuit..
I mean there are somethings that kids have to learn, like language, religion, math, geography I mean these are essential in my opinion.

n the paper clip thing, my usage for it: holding papers! genius level 0% :cheesy:

And is the guy in the video really drawing that on a white board? *mind blown* :surprise:

Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,651 posts

I mean how in the world will you know what a 5 year old kid is good at? try everything? ask what they're good at?

Well by 4th and 5th grade, you should be able to tell who's gifted with what.. here in canada, grade 1 - 5 they teach you everything from art to languages to math to reading novels and writing stories, so you get a very good idea as to what each kid likes and what they're good at

And is the guy in the video really drawing that on a white board? *mind blown*

I knowwww!!! It's insaaane!

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

I read one of his books The Element and it was amazing!!!

I started reading it last week, I got to page 60.
It's such a good book, last book I read made me hate reading!
"The secret" don't make the mistake of reading it! nonsense about how your thoughts travel to the universe :huh:

So, did you find your element/s? lol

• Beebo likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,651 posts

I started reading it last week, I got to page 60.
It's such a good book, last book I read made me hate reading!

I'm glad you're liking it smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

So, did you find your element/s? lol

Everytime I think I do, I end up finding out I didn't lol :P