- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,653 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

As for England, they will always play with heart but their lack of talent and especially lack of creativity was really exposed by the Italian. Pirlo, despite being one of the oldest players on the field, put on a passing clinic and controlled the game beautifully from the middle of the park. England needs someone to do that, not necessarily a playmaker but someone to control the tempo of the game. Instead, they get the ball forward and either kick it up to one of the strikers and sprint with it full speed.

Wilshere was supposed to be that guy but sucks for england he was injured.

The semi-finals should be really good, especially Germany vs Italy. Not surprisingly, Spain and Germany are huge favourites to advance to the final according to the bookies, with Germany just ahead of Spain to win the title.

I'm gonna go for the underdogs Italy since I don't like any of the other 3 teams lol :D

WgxUpZ6.png

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine
I couldn't agree more Bylk, except maybe about you saying that reinforcing the right back of the French team was a mistake, L.Blanc knew that with Iniesta and J.Alba the danger will come from Spain's left wing, hence his decision to play with Réveillère and Debuchy together, unfortunately for them they couldn't stop Alba from giving the ball of the first goal.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

I couldn't agree more Bylk, except maybe about you saying that reinforcing the right back of the French team was a mistake, L.Blanc knew that with Iniesta and J.Alba the danger will come from Spain's left wing, hence his decision to play with Réveillère and Debuchy together, unfortunately for them they couldn't stop Alba from giving the ball of the first goal.

Playing more defenders against Spain just makes things easier for guys like Iniesta, Xavi, David Silva, etc. it gives them more possession of the ball and means they have to track back less and defend less. Like I said, Blanc right into the hands of Spain. Only way to beat Spain is to attack them, make guys like Iniesta and Xavi run back and defend, making them less of a threat overall.

If playing defensive against Spain works, plenty of teams would have beat them by now.
  • Beebo and γΝγΟ - Mohammed like this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,653 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Well said Bylk... well like i thought it was kind of a boring game Spain vs. Portugal with a few chances at the beginning and at the end.

Germany vs. Italy better be a show down or else :disgust:

γΝγΟ - Mohammed

γΝγΟ - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:
I missed the game and only heard the penalites on the radio. Sounds like Ronaldo wanted to be the hero with the winning penalty but didnt even get a chance in the end, he should have gone first.
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
The second I saw Bruno Alves walking up to take a penalty I know Portugal was out .. that guy can barely make a pass to the guy in front of him, how do you expect to score a penalty in the semi-finals of the Euro ??

And yeah, Ronaldo should've went earlier .. probably fourth, at least he'd be pretty sure of taking one

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Germany lost :( 1 - 2 Italy.

But well at least 6 of the Italian team players are from juventus and I love Juventus so that makes it suck a bit less lol.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

γΝγΟ - Mohammed

γΝγΟ - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

when the germans massacre those italian girly men!

disclaimer: no offence intended to the general Italian population

Youre right beebo, we need a term for the spanish and potugese which is even more feminine! the girly girls..? Thats poor, i know...

In all serious I have found spains style of play a bit boring to watch. Their forward and backward passing is good but has now become boring and unexciting. I think the germans are tactical and skillful and quite exciting to watch too.

Dear Team Italia

I apologise.

Bye.
  • ℓυℓυ likes this