Change
Photo

Algeria vs Gambia (2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualification)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Posted Image Algeria - Gambia Posted Image

Date: Friday, June 15th, 2012
Time: 8.30PM (Algeria)

After the reality check the team got against Mali .. and the groupie fans awaking and realizing that their team is not quite as amazing as they thought, Algeria takes on Gambia in the team's last game of the summer. This game is for the qualification for the 2013 African Cup, not the World Cup, and Algeria should have no problem after winning the first leg away 2-1.

I thought Vahid made two huge mistakes last game by starting Bouzid at RB and Slimani upfront which really cost us the 3 points in Mali and I expect that he will revert to a 4-4-2 with Hachoud at RB and Soudani upfront with either Djebbour or Slimani. The decisions he will have to make, in my opinion :

- Central defense: Which two will start out of Bougherra, Bouzid and Medjani? Personally, I expect Bougherra-Medjani .. but I would not be surprised to see Bouzid-Medjani get the nod and Bougherra on the bench

- Attacking midfielders: With two strikers probably starting, Vahid will have choose between Kadir or Boudebouz to play alongside Feghouli, who is certain to start.

- Strikers: With Soudani probably starting, Vahid must decide if he wants to go with Slimani or Djebbour. He can also opt for Aoudia, who started in the first leg against Gambia, and who I think is the best option up front.

Probable starting line-up :

M'Bolhi - Hachoud, Bougherra (or Bouzid), Medjani, Mesbah - Lacen, Guedioura, Feghouli, Boudebouz (or Kadir) - Soudani, Slimani (or Djebbour)
  • Wahrania likes this

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

Current mood: Spaced
The 15th is a Friday.
The game is on Friday and not Sunday...right?

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Yeah sorry, Friday ! I just copied that section from the other topic and forgot to change it, I'll fix it now, thanks for pointing it out
  • Wahrania likes this

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Official line-up :

M'Bolhi - Mostefa, Bougherra, Medjani, Mesbah - Lacen, Guedioura, Feghouli, Kadir - Slimani, Soudani

With the exception of Mostefa starting ahead of Hachoud (and even Bouzid), no other surprises in the line-up .. Boudebouz dropped in favor of Kadir, with Vahid opting for two strikers. I simply do not understand why Hachoud is not starting .. he was excellent for two games, and now he's not even starting ?!? :dontgetit:

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Well that was fast .. 1-0 after 21 seconds .. Foued Kadir with the goal after Slimani stole the ball from the defence

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
And another ! Just 6 minutes played, Soudani heads it to Slimani who one times his shot past the keeper! 2-0 after just 6 minutes

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Gambia pulled one back in the 14th minute, nice shot that hit the bar and went in .. 2-1

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

You not gonna talk about our 3rd goal?? smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

....or 4th ?? smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Haha .. I was talking wahdi, 3yit .. plus I figured I'd give someone else a chance lol

For those that missed it

Slimani with the third, Soudani with the 4th

Algeria won 4-1 ! :D

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

I can see how that would get tiring lool.
Bsahatna la victoire :D

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
I was afraid we'd lost you as a fan after the last loss to Mali .. knowing how "fickle" you can be after a loss :P

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

:o, jamais tsra.
It's Algeria we're talking about here, come on lol.
smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
I take it back, turns out it someone else not you! For some reason, I always assumed it was you lol

Wahrania

Wahrania
  • Darja Gurus
  • 202 posts

It's never good to assume things :P

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Sorry for the very later reply.... I must say i'm very impressed with our two new amazing forwards, they play together like best friends (which is what I love most) they find each other very easily and they're both lethal mashallah... Hlilou finally found us not just one striker but two within just a few months of him taking over.

He knows that we have a lot of work in the back, I believe that today he used Mostapha just to test his capabilities against african teams and as we saw, wasn't as effective (except for his cross that gave Soudani his goal). We'll just have to wait until September to see what he does with the back line once he's got all the defenders healthy and at his disposal

WgxUpZ6.png

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
For those that missed the game and want to see the highlights

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
It's no surprise to see Soudani doing so well, he should have been called up when he was scoring every week for ASO Chlef, not wait until he goes to Portugal. I'm surprised to see Slimani do so well so soon .. I'm still convinced though that he'd be a bit lightweight against some of the better African teams.

I actually found Mostefa to be pretty good in the game against Gambia, he played well defensively and had an assist .. but he's certainly no Hachoud when it comes to attacking down that right wing

Good thing the games are done, Lacen, who is getting worse by the game, and Feghouli, who was invisible yesterday, desperately need the break to recover, all these games and traveling are really taking their toll on the two