During a virtual presentation, the presenter usually sends out the PowerPoint file to the audience in advance or use web conferencing tool such as WebEx, Microsoft Live meeting and etc. However, virtual presentation can be simpler by just using the SlideShow Broadcast feature in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 without the need to send the PPT file or to share it via web conferencing tool. The only pre-requisite for using this feature is the Windows Live ID. On the other hand, the participating audience will then be able to watch the presentation by just using the web browser.
Here are the steps to broadcast a presentation to the web using PowerPoint 2010:
- Make sure you have completed your PPT presentation as changes is not permitted during the broadcast.
- Click at “Broadcast Slide Show” option from the “Slide Show” ribbon.
3. From the “Broadcast Slide Show” window, click at the “Start Broadcast” button to begin the configuration of PowerPoint broadcast service.
4. Enter your Windows Live ID login name and credential. You will then see PowerPoint is attempting to connect to PowerPoint Broadcast Service.
5. Once PowerPoint Broadcast Service completes the configuration, the URL that points to the presentation broadcast is presented. You can choose to email the generated URL directly to the audience by using the “Send in Email” link..
6.Click at the “Start Slide Show” button and the audience who open the URL above will be able to your presentation in live mode.
7. Hit the “End Broadcast” button once the presentation is over.
~~~ Peace out ~~~