7 replies to this topic

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

Posted Image

Cooking is an art, and in this topic we will be trying new recipes and try to learn how to cook [better] together!

Soon Insha'Allah am gonna be responsible of my own kitchen and I thought it was time I master the art of cooking!

So why not practice with one another and learn from eachother?

The more the merrier I say :D

Feel free to share your experience in new dishes with us and dnt forget to post pics ;)

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam
way to go girl! waiting till you secured a husband to set foot in the kitchen. Not like me, I'm already fed up with the kitchen that I don't know what to do when "he" comes along lol Maybe I'll make him in charge of answering the two recurring questions of "Cha ndir lal ftour?" & "cha ndir lal 3sha?"

On a more serious note, congratulations sis bal baraka 3lik smile and wish you happy learning experiments in the kitchen smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • writersfreedom likes this
Posted Image

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Awalan, WF mabrouuuuuuuk! baraka Allahou lakouma nchAllah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Lilia El Wahrania, stop complaining woman! See the positive side of it, you've got more experience! And by the way, WF kanet tteyeb wechbik, have you seen an Algerian girl who doesn't cook until she gets married? unless she lives in Hydra (speaking about Hydra, I heard they have Mango there?)

Tips:
  • What we do is we plan what we are going to cook for a whole week, and we do our shopping based on that.
  • Always cook something light for dinner
  • Another tip, watch Masterchef on Fox. :D Because presentation matters.
I can tell you what I tried recently and foodblogs I read..fine?
  • writersfreedom likes this

Done is better than perfect.

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam

Lilia El Wahrania, stop complaining woman! See the positive side of it, you've got more experience! And by the way, WF kanet tteyeb wechbik, have you seen an Algerian girl who doesn't cook until she gets married? unless she lives in Hydra (speaking about Hydra, I heard they have Mango there?)

How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not from Wahran.. I know, I know you'll say same difference! But you'll never catch me saying shawala and this my friend, makes all the difference :P
You know I'm just kidding.. and all that complaining is harmless banter.. 'cause when duty calls, duty calls :D

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

way to go girl! waiting till you secured a husband to set foot in the kitchen. Not like me, I'm already fed up with the kitchen that I don't know what to do when "he" comes along lol Maybe I'll make him in charge of answering the two recurring questions of "Cha ndir lal ftour?" & "cha ndir lal 3sha?"

hahaha wallah ghir gtilltini bi tha7k Lilia @ secured a husband, u make it sound like I was involved in some sort of a hunt lol :P although that does sound like a fun safari trip, I hope we're allowed to use guns hahaha :P

And oh those 2 questions will always be on every woman's mind I think lol.

yeah kount inttayeb but just the dishes I like :D ya3nnie to be 100% honest I never cooked any traditional meal b4 and I usually dnt make dinner or lunch at home, i only cook when I feel like it which is pretty rare :P but I live in Golf [muradiya] which is right next to Hydra and I work in Hydra so that makes it okay, right? haha :P :D @ only in Hydra lol.

Really I dnt know why ppl think u have to be a masterchief b4 getting married, I think most of the fun in the first year of marriage is in learning how to cook better and using ur husband to experiment on lol. It creates wonderful memories :D

and yes we do have Mango in Hydra, actually u can find EVERYTHING in Algeria now. ;)

On a more serious note, congratulations sis bal baraka 3lik smile and wish you happy learning experiments in the kitchen

Awalan, WF mabrouuuuuuuk! baraka Allahou lakouma nchAllah

Thank you girls, so sweet!!! and I will bring u guys ur share of the cake soon Insha'Allah. La 3qouba likoum Insha'Allah smile

Tips:

• What we do is we plan what we are going to cook for a whole week, and we do our shopping based on that.
  • Always cook something light for dinner
  • Another tip, watch Masterchef on Fox. :D Because presentation matters.

I can tell you what I tried recently and foodblogs I read..fine?

Much appreciated! Keep up the good work!!

~~~ Peace out ~~~

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not from Wahran.. I know, I know you'll say same difference! But you'll never catch me saying shawala and this my friend, makes all the difference

So sorry, Lilia sidi bel3abassia smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> You sound like a princess from the Ottoman empire lool.

I'm just scanning through my favourites to see the ones I tried recently..
You can refer back to thistopic of mine as well.
  • Grilled Eggplant: You HAVE TO TRY THIS.
  • Coconut Shrimps: Use raw prawns like she did, I used ones that were cooked already so the coconut flavour wasn't as strong. As for the panko crumbs, substitute that fro bread crumbs.
  • Cinnamon rolls, I used to buy them then I found out I could make them for half the calories, I tried them last week and I'm never buying them again ;) The kneading is a pain though, if you have a kneading hook, use it.
  • French Toast, is my weekend breakfast. Endless possibilities (dark chocolate, berries etc)
  • Low-fat banan bread
I included some baking in there because I'm more of a baking person, Lilai can help you out with the traditional dishes I'm sure.

One other thing, you really have to passionate about your cooking/baking!
And when working with dough for les tartes and stuff, remember this 'have cold hands and a warm heart', i.e. don't handle the dough with warm hands.

Hope it helps.

Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen
  • Girls
  • 299 posts

Current mood: Torn
Good topis girlss
I will share some as soon as I get back home inchalah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

kim

kim
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Current mood: Thinking
salam girls,
I m not a good cook at all ,I try to cook sometimes ,the problem is that when I cook I lose my appetite :chef:
good luck for you