Change
Photo

Would you choose the past or the future?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

Would you rather to have the ability to go back in time, and try to change the past or to know the future and what is going to happen next, and perhaps try to prevent it from happening?

Which would you choose and why?

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen
  • Girls
  • 299 posts

Current mood: Torn
I have no problem with my past to be honest, cuz whatvr happened has changed me and shaped who Im today, so luckily i might say that i have few regrets, indeed I never regreted doing anything.

:Bismillah1:

:salaam:

Would you rather to have the ability to go back in time, and try to change the past or to know the future and what is going to happen next, and perhaps try to prevent it from happening?

Which would you choose and why?

~~~ Peace out ~~~

If i had one future wish, it would be to make my parents eternal and happy.

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor
salam

Definitely to know the future!
Cause my past wasn't that bad, n even if it was, I have gone through it n I'm alright.
But the thing is, what if I knew my future n liked it? Do I just do the things that I already know I'm going to do? that's no fun haha :no2:

Posted Image

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
salam
Time travel always congests my brain whenever it comes up smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />
They make it look so cool in movies but it never lacks plot holes; because even when you give it the tiniest thought you start the most disturbing question: "What if?"

Knowing the future is like when you're reading a really interesting book and you skip pages to know what will happen or read the recap of the next episode of this series you're watching.
The result====> you'll ruin all the fun in reading that book or watching that series. Because when knowing what will happen you no longer feel the pull of the unknown, you're no longer held by the mystery.
Life is like that; the most exciting thing about it is not knowing what tomorrow will bring us. Sure, most of the time we're curious and we complain, but that's just being human.

As for the going to the past, well I guess it has a sort of an appeal to it. To be able to go back in time an revisit the most glorious, cherished moments of your life. But, that's what our memory is there for. Though, I wouldn't mind a more colorful, less blurry version :P :D
Our memory does a great job in reserving those mile stones that we go through that makes us who we are and there's really no point changing anything otherwise we wouldn't be who we are right now smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' /> See, told you, it's confusing!!!

So, time travel is out of the question for me but, I wouldn't mind a teleportation portal or something that will allow me to visit places and even times.
Posted Image

Gointime

Gointime
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:
I would choose prevention and not changing the past. Although it would be awesome to have ability to manipulate realities and space-time continuum. www.gointime.info